Lifestyle Could you watch this then have a bite?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yes I could.

In the kitchen I've killed, gutted and ate multiple lobster's.

2nd video is actually Japanese.
For some reason I'm not bothered at all by crabs or lobsters in hot water but an octopus is different. Maybe because they're smart, I dunno but that's brutal.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
For some reason I'm not bothered at all by crabs or lobsters in hot water but an octopus is different. Maybe because they're smart, I dunno but that's brutal.
Odd.

It bothers me less.

I think it's because their tentacles can continue to move and latch onto things way too long after being removed from the rest of the body. That shit ain't right. Burn that demon creature.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
A lobster's weight is usually close to it's age especially the first few years....2lbs then its around 2 year's old

They can live up to 100 yrs old.

Were evil creature's haha.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Odd.

It bothers me less.

I think it's because their tentacles can continue to move and latch onto things way too long after being removed from the rest of the body. That shit ain't right. Burn that demon creature.
Lol you're horrible. The pacific giant octopus is one of my favourite animals, crustaceans can fuck right off.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I've ate live octupuss when I was a lil kid in Korea. It was little funky as octupuss keeps squirming around inside of ur mouth as you chew.

But tastewise, it's pretty damn good.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I think it's because their tentacles can continue to move and latch onto things way too long after being removed from the rest of the body.
The brain inside the octopus skull sees a tasty sea morsel and decides to eat it, but to get the morsel into its mouth the brain inside the skull sends a message to a mass of nerves inside the octopus arm. That mass of nerves controls the arm movement to snatch the tasty treat.

"In this hierarchical organization, the brain only has to send a command to the arm to do the action—the entire recipe of how to do it is embedded in the arm itself," said Binyamin Hochner of the Institute of Life Sciences at Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Israel, and co-author of the research.

Controlling Freedom

Octopus arms, unlike human arms, are not limited in their range of motion by elbow, wrist, and shoulder joints. To accomplish goals such as reaching for a meal or swimming, however, an octopus must be able to control its eight appendages.

Trying to work out how octopuses control their flexible arms is the goal of Hochner and his colleagues' research at Hebrew University.

The researchers' observations indicate that octopuses reduce the complexity of controlling their arms by keeping their arm movements to set, stereotypical patterns. For example, the reaching movement always consists of a bend that propagates along the arm toward the tip, said Hochner.

Since octopuses always use the same kind of movement to extend their arms, Hochner and his colleagues wondered if the commands that generate the pattern are stored in the arm itself, not in the central brain. Such a mechanism would further reduce the complexity of controlling a flexible arm.

Severed Brain and Functioning Arm

To find out if octopus arms have minds of their own, the researchers cut off the nerves in an octopus arm from the other nerves in its body, including the brain. They then tickled and stimulated the skin on the arm. The arm behaved in an identical fashion to what it would in a healthy octopus.

The implication is that the brain only has to send a single move command to the arm, and the arm will do the rest

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I've ate live octupuss when I was a lil kid in Korea. It was little funky as octupuss keeps squirming around inside of ur mouth as you chew.

But tastewise, it's pretty damn good.
I've eaten octopus and squid but could never do it live alive or moving.

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
I like eating octopus it makes a great appetizer..on charcoal though and sundried for at least a day after it's beaten to death on the shipdeck.
Kinda weird when that's more humane than actually boiling it alive but idk feels like it is..would taste a lot better anyway.

I hate fancy cuisine that tries too hard.