General Coup underway in Venezuela right now

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Interesting video. If all true it's kind of amazing how libs and conservatives can unite on an issue like this. I agree with the female that if your a liberal this makes little sense. They always support these type of rulers.

What I know as fact. People here who are from there obviously left for a reason. In the city of Weston there are mostly upper middle class that want Maduro gone. I can't speak to Doral which is in Miami but probably also upper middle class all want him gone. I have a friend Alfonso. Chavez has his father executed because he wouldn't turn over his farm to his poor supporters. Alfonso and his brother flew down to bury their father. It cost them less than $300 to find out who pulled the trigger and have the same done to him.

Over 50 countries want Maduro gone. Is it a case of CNN doing their bidding or are they doing the bidding of CNN? I have lived long enough to know these overthrows especially when we support them never go well or as planned. Maduro walked into this by calling for the early election and getting rid of the court. To blame the U.S. for 40,000 deaths though is also BS on the other side. If I were king I would stay out of it and let the people down there figure it out.
The only thing I find interesting in all of this is that Tucker Carlson has gone completely off the reservation lately yet retained his Fox News platform. Actually this has been true for a while now. he'll soon be regarded alongside 'crazy old' Ron Paul and Pat Buchanan in US media circles. And that's if he's lucky ;)

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
The only thing I find interesting in all of this is that Tucker Carlson has gone completely off the reservation lately yet retained his Fox News platform. Actually this has been true for a while now. he'll soon be regarded alongside 'crazy old' Ron Paul and Pat Buchanan in US media circles. And that's if he's lucky ;)
I've been following Tucker for years. He's has never had a problem calling out BS no matter which side.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I've been following Tucker for years. He's has never had a problem calling out BS no matter which side.
Oh but he was staunchly in favor of the regime change operations in Iraq and Afghanistan back in the Bush presidency. He has done a 180 and become reborn as a staunch non interventionist. Ann Coulter has undergone a similar transformation over the course of a similar timeline. And I remember well who opposed Operation Iraqi Freedom, it was and still is a cause I felt then and still do feel today very strongly about.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Oh but he was staunchly in favor of the regime change operations in Iraq and Afghanistan back in the Bush presidency. He has done a 180 and become reborn as a staunch non interventionist. Ann Coulter has undergone a similar transformation over the course of a similar timeline. And I remember well who opposed Operation Iraqi Freedom, it was and still is a cause I felt then and still do feel today very strongly about.
That's a good thing. Some of us realize things we believed in, in the past don't really work and are able to evolve. This regime change shit unless from within, doesn't seem to work that often. When you have these so called horrible strong men usually in the middle east, once they are toppled you realize why they were horrible pricks. The people they were keeping down are a lot worse.

Lots of dems were calling for regime change in Syria. I can only imagine what he is keeping at bay should he be removed. Be glad people can evolve and admit past mistakes. It's a good thing.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
That's a good thing. Some of us realize things we believed in, in the past don't really work and are able to evolve. This regime change shit unless from within, doesn't seem to work that often. When you have these so called horrible strong men usually in the middle east, once they are toppled you realize why they were horrible pricks. The people they were keeping down are a lot worse.

Lots of dems were calling for regime change in Syria. I can only imagine what he is keeping at bay should he be removed. Be glad people can evolve and admit past mistakes. It's a good thing.
Oh I agree, I think the gaining of wisdom is a wonderful thing indeed. Oftentimes it never happens.

There's always plenty of room at the Inn ;)

Jan 21, 2015

Great

Some people become very attached to their paradigms. They pick a side and wear their colors and defend their view to the death and plug their ears at anything contrary.

What's the use in that?

I am re-examining much lately that I used to be obstinate about.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
"The U.S. is pointing to the breadth of the failed plot as evidence that, no matter how badly it went, Maduro’s days are numbered with the country having plunged into dysfunction and the economy in a shambles. “This was just the tip of the iceberg,” said a senior administration official who asked not to be named. Many close to Maduro were in on the endgame, the official said, and their eagerness to send him packing shows how isolated he is."

Interesting indeed.

Michel Chossudovsky believes the US may following the Salvador Allende assassination playbook in Venezuela:

The Spontaneous "Military Coup" in Caracas was Meant to Fail? - Global Research

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I'm glad that we can all come together in our non-interventionism. It's funny to be part of the War on Terror generation. I hope we'll internalize these lessons forever.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I was befuddled about why Bolton went on TV to talk about how three top confidantes to Maduro had agreed to oust him from power. And then Pompeo saying that Maduro had planned to leave to Cuba in the morning but was convinced by Russia to stay.

I don't know if this is just a really shitty strategy or a lack of strategy entirely.

It'll be interesting to see how this all turns out.
Bumping because we called it. This Walrus-stached retard never had any clue what he was doing. He achieved none of his objectives.

Belligerence is not intelligence. Picking fights with everyone at once and being so open with your motives makes this guy probably the dumbest human to ever hold high office - including Trump. He only got to where he is because he was a useful idiot for slightly smarter (but still retarded) American and Israeli neocons.

I'm still shaking my head that he openly admitted to backing what was supposed to be a secret foreign coup.

M

member 3289

Bumping because we called it. This Walrus-stached retard never had any clue what he was doing. He achieved none of his objectives.

Belligerence is not intelligence. Picking fights with everyone at once and being so open with your motives makes this guy probably the dumbest human to ever hold high office - including Trump. He only got to where he is because he was a useful idiot for slightly smarter (but still retarded) American and Israeli neocons.

I'm still shaking my head that he openly admitted to backing what was supposed to be a secret foreign coup.
What an embarrassing miscalculation this has been. Now we (the U.S. and all our lap dogs that followed us) have no choice but to continue backing Guaidó, a man with virtually no military support.