General COVID Darwin Awards

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Oct 24, 2015
Leviticus 13 45 “Anyone with such a defiling disease must wear torn clothes,(A) let their hair be unkempt,[a] cover the lower part of their face(B) and cry out, ‘Unclean! Unclean!’(C) 46 As long as they have the disease they remain unclean. They must live alone; they must live outside the camp.(D)

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I don’t mean to be a dick, I’m genuinely curious… Why are you so invested in United States politics?
Because the US is the global superpower of the first half of my life, and because US politics is a fascinating clown show.

Do you not see any similarities between the right and left? Nothing at all?
Of course there are. Elements of the left are most certainly extremists. But the difference is, the anti-democracy insurrectionists aren't in power in the Democrats. Joe Biden dominated the primary campaign, and he was the woke mob's most despised option. Whereas the GOP is an anti-democracy, anti-reality personality cult from the top down. The election lie alone is something completely unprecedented in modern American politics, and it's the death knell for American democracy.

Gerrymandering doesn’t happen on the left at all, right?
Of course there is shady shit on both sides of the aisle, if you look. But again, you really don't want to dig into this.

This century, the Senate Republicans have never won more votes nor represented more Americans than Senate Democrats have. Yet they have controlled the Senate for more than half that time.

Flip that around so it favours the Dems, and convince me that it's acceptable.

I don’t support the GOP, and I agree they are becoming increasingly more “un-American” in their values, but you honestly could argue that the left is also becoming increasingly more “un-American” as well. The difference is, the right is really loud about it. The left is doing it quietly.
The difference is, the left is still represented in Washington almost exclusively by centre-right corporatists.

The right is represented almost exclusively by anti-reality, anti-democracy personality cultists.

That's a very real and very significant difference. ?

??

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
The difference is, the left is still represented in Washington almost exclusively by centre-right corporatists.

The right is represented almost exclusively by anti-reality, anti-democracy personality cultists.

That's a very real and very significant difference. ?

??

wow. you're going to be so disappointed when you look up Joe Biden's legislative history...

is disenfranchising an entire race through systemic oppression in the Justice System count as being "anti-democracy"?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I don't think he's a Biden fan:

"Joe Biden dominated the primary campaign, and he was the woke mob's most despised option. "
he's got a long history of minimizing the Biden Cult of Personality...wait for it....