General COVID Darwin Awards

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
I mean, given that this thread is largely people celebrating the death of a cultural group, it's not like it's completely out of the realm.
Depends on the realm.
I'm not so sure participation in enslavement and genocide is equivalent to gallows humor about people who intentionally avoided something that could have saved their lives.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Depends on the realm.
"Those people who have different values than me deserve to die." is definitely the same realm.

I'm not so sure participation in enslavement and genocide is equivalent to gallows humor about people who intentionally avoided something that could have saved their lives.
If that was what the more guilty contributors were doing it would be one thing, but they only see humor in one group of people dying from preventable causes.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
"Those people who have different values than me deserve to die." is definitely the same realm.
You know walking into traffic could mean your death. You've been told this. Regardless, you walk into traffic and die.

You didn't "deserve to die", you just said the cars couldn't hurt you, and not walking into traffic was worse than doing it, and telling you not to do it is like slavery or being herded into ovens.

If that was what the more guilty contributors were doing it would be one thing, but they only see humor in one group of people dying from preventable causes.
That's not something I could speak to, other than to say I've probably straddled the line of tastelessness and crossed it.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
You know walking into traffic could mean your death. You've been told this. Regardless, you walk into traffic and die.

You didn't "deserve to die", you just said the cars couldn't hurt you, and not walking into traffic was worse than doing it, and telling you not to do it is like slavery or being herded into ovens.
Walking into traffic has a substantially higher mortality rate, and not walking into traffic is much more effective than the vaccine. So it's not a great analog.

It would be more like a thread where you celebrate the death of everyone you can find that dies in a car accident because their death could have been avoided.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Walking into traffic has a substantially higher mortality rate, and not walking into traffic is much more effective than the vaccine. So it's not a great analog.

It would be more like a thread where you celebrate the death of everyone you can find that dies in a car accident because their death could have been avoided.
I can see what you're saying. There's got to be a better analogy that neither of us has quite thought out yet.

Maybe not "got to be" but it's my inclination.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I mean, given that this thread is largely people celebrating the death of a cultural group, it's not like it's completely out of the realm.
"Celebrating" is very different to "causing". We'd actually prefer they got vaccinated and lived, we're just sick of the dangerous misinformation and enjoying the schadenfreude that they can't perpetuate more lies.

I can see what you're saying. There's got to be a better analogy that neither of us has quite thought out yet.

Maybe not "got to be" but it's my inclination.
A better analogy would be finding humour in drunk drivers killing themselves.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
"a cultural group". :laughing:

What, like pedophiles?

I seem to remember you celebrating the deaths of those pricks that Rittenhouse killed, didn't you? Because they were pieces of shit?

??

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
"Celebrating" is very different to "causing". We'd actually prefer they got vaccinated and lived, we're just sick of the dangerous misinformation and enjoying the schadenfreude that they can't perpetuate more lies.
As I said, in the realm. You're also ignoring the "They should be refused hospital care if they're unvaccinated."

A better analogy would be finding humour in drunk drivers killing themselves.
One of the "Hilarious" stories in this thread of is of a 4 year old dying of covid. There are certainly some people trying to find humor where they can, but it's disingenuous to pretend that some people aren't just monsters wishing death on someone because of a differing ideology.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
As I said, in the realm. You're also ignoring the "They should be refused hospital care if they're unvaccinated."

One of the "Hilarious" stories in this thread of is of a 4 year old dying of covid. There are certainly some people trying to find humor where they can, but it's disingenuous to pretend that some people aren't just monsters wishing death on someone because of a differing ideology.
It's not in the realm. Committing genocide based on someone's race is nothing like finding humour in people dying from their own stupidity.

Also, no one finds humour in a 4 year old's death. That's a bizarre position to take.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
It's not in the realm. Committing genocide based on someone's race is nothing like finding humour in people dying from their own stupidity.
Genocide is not only based on race. Wishing death on a group you don't culturally identify with is in the realm.

Also, no one finds humour in a 4 year old's death. That's a bizarre position to take.
You might want to peruse the thread.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Seven doctors contract Covid after attending Florida anti-vaccine summit

Seven anti-vaccine doctors fell sick after gathering earlier this month for a Florida “summit” at which alternative treatments for Covid-19 were discussed.

“I have been on ivermectin for 16 months, my wife and I,” Dr Bruce Boros told the audience at the event held at the World Equestrian Center in Ocala, adding: “I have never felt healthier in my life.”

The 71-year-old cardiologist and staunch anti-vaccine advocate contracted Covid-19 two days later, according to the head event organizer, Dr John Littell.

Littell, an Ocala family physician, also told the Daily Beast six other doctors among 800 to 900 participants at the event also tested positive or developed Covid-19 symptoms “within days of the conference”.

Littell raised the suggestion the conference was therefore a super-spreader event but rejected it, vehemently saying: “No.

“I think they had gotten it from New York or Michigan or wherever they were from,” he told the Beast. “It was really the people who flew in from other places.”

He also said: “Everybody so far has responded to treatment with ivermectin … Bruce is doing well.”

The Beast said sources close to Boros said he was gravely ill at his Key West home.

Ivermectin is an antiparasitic which has uses in humans but is predominantly used in livestock such as cows and horses. Authorities say it has no proven use against Covid-19 and can be dangerous if taken in large quantities. The US Food and Drug Administration has not authorized or approved ivermectin as a Covid treatment and has said clinical trials are continuing.

Boros has claimed ivermectin is “working where it’s being used around the world” as a Covid treatment.

In the same Facebook post, he condemned Dr Anthony Fauci, Joe Biden’s chief medical adviser, as “a fraud” and said “big pharma is playing us for suckers”.

In a July interview with Florida Keys Weekly, Boros responded to criticisms of his post, saying: “It breaks my heart that a town like this has made something so political and hateful. What’s wrong with people? I just want to help patients and keep them from dying.”

He also claimed that he gave a seriously ill Covid-19 patient ivermectin and “within six hours he was talking without coughing”.

At the summit in Ocala, Boros criticized his 97-year-old father for getting a Covid vaccine, saying: “He had been brainwashed … He got it. He didn’t tell me. I was very upset. I wanted to give him a spanking. He got both jabs.”

Earlier this year, a significant study supporting ivermectin as a Covid-19 treatment was withdrawn after data was found to have been falsified and patients nonexistent.

The FDA says people should “never use medications intended for animals on yourself or other people. Animal ivermectin products are very different from those approved for humans. Use of animal ivermectin for the prevention or treatment of Covid-19 in humans is dangerous.”