Covington: I’m not fighting for less than undisputed championship pay

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Colby Covington is willing to carry on hisThe UFC’s decision to put in Kamaru Usman as the next one to face Tyron Woodley for the welterweight title did not sit well with supposed challenger Colby Covington. It had put him in so much disarray, that he even threatened to sever his ties with the UFC.

Covington eventually changed his tune and is seemingly willing to remain with the company. It does, however, come with a caveat.

“They can get me to fight whoever but they’re going to have to give me undisputed championship pay,” Covington told MMAWeekly on Monday. “I’m not going to go backwards. I was promised an undisputed title shot and undisputed pay, I’m not fighting for anything less than undisputed pay. I’m not going to fight for less…

Colby Covington: I’m not fighting for anything less than undisputed championship pay

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
dana white: we found two pico grams of turinabol in colby covingtons test he has been released from the ufc.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Ok, good luck with that. He just keeps vomiting stupid talk so he remains relevant in the fans eyes.......he’s not a draw

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
I don't think I've ever given less of a shit about a fighter than I do with Colby. He's probably at the top of my "list of fighters who would make me a Conor McGregor fan". If they fight, I'll be draped in the green, white, and orange drinking Proper Twelve and singing ole ole ole ole.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
The ire Combo draws is hilarious. Tyron was out so Colby fought for the interim title. Won it, then Tyron came back. Tyron ducks him and the we all pretend like Colby shouldn't be fighting for the belt.

M

member 3289

The ire Combo draws is hilarious. Tyron was out so Colby fought for the interim title. Won it, then Tyron came back. Tyron ducks him and the we all pretend like Colby shouldn't be fighting for the belt.
I don't like the guy, but he has a right to ask for championship pay.

Doesn't mean he'll get it, but he's entitled to it imo.

M

member 3289

Why. He's not champion
He never lost his fake belt in a fight, though. His timeline with the UFC was off by 1 month or so and so they stripped him.

I couldn't care less if he fights but he has earned championship-level pay.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Word has it this douche is fighting Till...
Til the roof comes off, till the lights go out
'Til my legs give out, can't shut my mouth.
'Til the smoke clears out and my high perhaps
I'm a rip this shit till my bone collapse.
'Til the roof comes off, till the lights go out
'Til my legs give out, can't shut my mouth.
'Til the smoke clears out and my high perhaps
I'm a rip this shit till my bone collapse.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Colby flew to close to the sun.he is the most unlikable character in mma.he is a try hard.no one will miss him when he is gone.he has zero drawing power.even as a guy people want to see get beat up there is nothing interesting there.who is going to beat him up ? Woodley will probably smash him but no one cares about woodley either.usman might win a decision in a sloppy kickboxing match between wrestlers.there is nothing interesting in his future

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
That is after all why they give that interim belt, so it can be unified. But now this division has two champs.

Colby flew to close to the sun.he is the most unlikable character in mma.he is a try hard.no one will miss him when he is gone.he has zero drawing power.even as a guy people want to see get beat up there is nothing interesting there.who is going to beat him up ? Woodley will probably smash him but no one cares about woodley either.usman might win a decision in a sloppy kickboxing match between wrestlers.there is nothing interesting in his future
too

He's fought and won, his fight against rds was interesting, bordering on entertaining. His schtick is lame but he should be fighting for the belt.