Cowboy Cerrone vs Conor McGregor set for January 18th UFC 246

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015

According to UFC president Dana White, Conor McGregor is getting back into the Octagon on January 18th.

Brett Okamoto of ESPN is reporting that McGregor will return against Donald Cerrone at welterweight at UFC 246 in Las Vegas. The bout will not be contested for any belt. White says that Conor has signed on for it, and that Cerrone has agreed to terms. Cerrone has also agreed to a new multi-fight contract with the promotion according to his representatives.

“Conor has signed and Cowboy is ready to go,” White said.

The bout will serve as the headliner of the PPV event.

McGregor has not competed since being submitted by Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 229 in…

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/11...ld-cerrone-welterweight-bout-january-mma-news

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
rooting for Cowboy but really curious about how serious Conor will be

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Actually interested in this match up
Will cerrone practice being constantly pressured? Because that's coming his way and he has not historically fared well in that environment

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Conor should win but it's really impossible to tell. Years off, drinking, drugs etc, he might never be the same.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Cerrone looked old in his last fight. McGregor hasn't fought in over a year, and hasn't won in 3 years. Who knows who wins this.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
What a terrible fight. They have the guy who just made Cerrone look shot but is also a favorable stylistic matchup for Conor waiting there in Gaethje. If Cowboy somehow beats Conor, then you've got a shot fighter that you've just wasted a bump on. If Gaethje beats Conor, then you have a new title contender and can transfer the buzz on to a guy who can carry it. It's just awful matchmaking.

The takeaway, as usual, is that MMA fans collectively are pack of retards with the memories of goldfish and Dana is also a fucking moron who would still be teaching boxercise if it wasn't for his mafia family friends.

Brigsy

Jan 21, 2015
I would rather wait for all his court cases and investigations to be concluded before watching him fight again.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I don’t know why people are counting Cowboy out. Conor is hittable and Cerrone has a highlight reel a mile long of KO strikes (or at least strikes that allowed him to jump on a sub). Cowboy’s double leg is also vastly underrated. He gets people down and has a slick jiu jitsu game. I’m not saying he should be favored, but he certainly shouldn’t be dismissed as a threat.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
I don’t know why people are counting Cowboy out. Conor is hittable and Cerrone has a highlight reel a mile long of KO strikes (or at least strikes that allowed him to jump on a sub). Cowboy’s double leg is also vastly underrated. He gets people down and has a slick jiu jitsu game. I’m not saying he should be favored, but he certainly shouldn’t be dismissed as a threat.
Conor and Gaethje are two different animals.

Gaethje’s style is a picture perfect nightmare for cowboy while Conor gives cowboy a chance to work his magic.

Gaethje is a bulldozer while a Conor is more of a bull.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
What a terrible fight. They have the guy who just made Cerrone look shot but is also a favorable stylistic matchup for Conor waiting there in Gaethje. If Cowboy somehow beats Conor, then you've got a shot fighter that you've just wasted a bump on. If Gaethje beats Conor, then you have a new title contender and can transfer the buzz on to a guy who can carry it. It's just awful matchmaking.

The takeaway, as usual, is that MMA fans collectively are pack of retards with the memories of goldfish and Dana is also a fucking moron who would still be teaching boxercise if it wasn't for his mafia family friends.
Lord Edgington presiding.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
A few years ago you'd be on the money.

Cowboy does run hot and cold but hes been looking shopworn lately.

He is still a lot better of a grappler than McGregor, so you do have a point.

It will be more competitive than people are making out alright, McGregors out of cage escapades and his last in cage performance might make those odds close enough.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
I would rather wait for all his court cases and investigations to be concluded before watching him fight again.
This as well, I don't want to see him fight at all.

Fuck it though, if it gets Cerrone a nice payday as he rides into the sunset, and hopefully with McGregors scalp hanging off his saddle, let them bang bro.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
Benson Henderson - Lost Twice...by decision, then subbed
Nate Diaz - Loss via psychological warfare, and compustrike annihilation
Matt Brown - Win
Anthony Pettis - Loss via liver obliteration
RDA - Lost Twice...by decision, then concussive pancreatic footsy
Edson Barboza - Win
Eddie Alvarez - Win...unanimous decision
Jorge Masvidal - Loss via backyard beatdown in a cage
Robbie Lawler- Loss
Darren Till - Loss...mauled by lowland gorilla
Leon Edwards - Loss
Mike Perry - Win
Tony Ferguson - Loss via broken stuff in his face
Justin Gaethje - Loss via violent tsunami

Cowboy will fight anyone, anywhere, but how wise that's been for his career is another conversation entirely. Conor and the UFC handpicked him as an opponent, which is the formula they used to get McGregor to the top the first time around. That being said, a win for Cowboy would keep him in the mix for a few more years, in either weight class, which is huge for him.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Probably the easiest high profile fight they probably could give conor

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Not a lot being said about this being at Welterweight. I see that as a massively intriguing factor. Both have KO ability, but it is certainly more effective when they are fighting the smaller guys at WW (and FW for that matter). They are also both prone to cardio being a hindrance in their deep-water fights. Should be very interesting.