VID Cowboy is doing the JRE podcast today

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Cowboy is right about Joe, I'm super tired of Joe trying to sit on a fence about stuff and deflecting off it.

I missed the last half hour cause I just can't stand Callen, maybe I'll rewatch it, muting Callen when he's looking for pats on the head.
I can't even express how irritating he is on the JRE but tolerable on FATK maybe I just expect the nonsense on his show and Brenden has no problem cutting him off

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I can't even express how irritating he is on the JRE but tolerable on FATK maybe I just expect the nonsense on his show and Brenden has no problem cutting him off
I just don't like thirds in that Podcast to begin with, I like Joe vs Fighter. or Comic. I don't really like Eddie in there who goes off on tangents and takes up large portions of time. FATK is alright, I've warmed to Schaub and they seem made for each other's silly slogans and shtick, I just don't want a third in Rogan's after watching over a 100, it's my preference points of conversations get lost and diverted, especially people are stoned AND ESPECIALLY when only Joe or Joe and Eddie are and the guest isn't.

I would only want a third in that like Eddie if you have Ben Saunders (AGAIN JOE WHY DID YO NEVER HAVE HIM ON AFTER THE OMOPLATA) to talk nothing but that finish and the context of how rare it is for an hour.

Random talk and tangents get too derailed with a third I like direction if you're going to have three.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm sure Callen's a nice guy, I like some of his Mad TV stuff, he was good on OZ. So it's not personal or some "he sucks" thing to me, it's just right time right place for me.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Callen seems like a genuinely nice guy, that is extremely loyal to his friends. Someone that would be there anytime you needed him. But man can he derail a discussion in a NY minute.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Callen seems like a genuinely nice guy, that is extremely loyal to his friends. Someone that would be there anytime you needed him. But man can he derail a discussion in a NY minute.
Yeah this is my only point and even if Cowboy invited him, I think he should have said "Nah man this is your interview time, you get all you can in".

Joe is great when he has key guys on you don't hear this stuff from, I would maximize the guest's time when you book these guys.

But at least it was only at the end.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
I like a bit of diversity myself, like for instance Calllen diffused what I judge to be a fairly adversarial conversation, between two alpha males, in about 10 minutes, with no prior knowledge, I just like watching lots of people operate I suppose.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Yeah this is my only point and even if Cowboy invited him, I think he should have said "Nah man this is your interview time, you get all you can in".
I think maybe Callen saw Donald asking him to come in differently to you, he may have seen a friend asking for help..

EDit that sounds more cunty than I mean it

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Now I'm trying to think of an episode I liked where there were three (not counting Redban). Think Joey Diaz with the OGs Ari & Duncan I enjoyed. Pretty much Joey, Joe and whoever tf on non science topics made me laugh

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Now I'm trying to think of an episode I liked where there were three (not counting Redban). Think Joey Diaz with the OGs Ari & Duncan I enjoyed. Pretty much Joey, Joe and whoever made me laugh
The fight companions are cool, I know they are slightly different but still.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I like a bit of diversity myself, like for instance Calllen diffused what I judge to be a fairly adversarial conversation, between two alpha males, in about 10 minutes, with no prior knowledge, I just like watching lots of people operate I suppose.
He is really good at that. When Joe gave Schaub that talk on the JRE, Callen handled that really well. You could tell he genuinely felt horrible for Brendan, because he knows how much Brendan believes in himself...but he also was concerned for his friend. Like I said, he seems like a great guy...just needs to learn to not to be the center of attention at times.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I think maybe Callen saw Donald asking him to come in differently to you, he may have seen a friend asking for help..

EDit that sounds more cunty than I mean it
He texted him failry early on when all was fine, I don't see the help need personally. It's fine we disagree on Callen it's not a big deal, but I've enjoyed the three person ones the least, I think Joe enjoys them and if people do, that's fair, but all the ones I like are one on one, even when adversarial I don't want a guy helping sides in a real debate, there's bias and all sorts of inside stuff I don't want involved when there's something to be argued between two people.

Most radio I listen to, I don't like when a third person unbalances debates, especially if you can see a slant going on, I just want people to stay out of honest serious questions.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The fight companions are meant to be tangent-filled and reactions to the fights that I do understand the value of a crowd but not super big sometimes they have too many people overall and certain people never talk that you would love to hear from during fights like other fighters.

My favourite podcasts are where the host just directs the guest and lets them show us who they are. I've heard Joe prattle on about his personal beliefs dozens of times only to like tonight duck out of honest dissension of opinion on something, I want to hear what the guest thinks about topics.

There are posters all over place saying "Wow Cerrone can't keep Conor out of his mouth he wants to steal some shine" when Joe is the guy who brought COnor up most of the time. What do people expect?

This is why Larry King is the best, he would just affirm and direct. Jerry in the comedians in cars does the same thing, let the guest express who he is and just feed him the direction.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
He texted him failry early on when all was fine, I don't see the help need personally.
Fair enough I missed that.

I've heard Joe prattle on about his personal beliefs dozens of times only to like tonight duck out of honest dissension of opinion on something, I want to hear what the guest thinks about topics.
I skim most of them because of this I only get excited about fighters and Rhonda Patrick these day's.

And Callen.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Jerry in the comedians in cars does the same thing, let the guest express who he is and just feed him the direction.

I agree Comedians in Cars getting Coffee is a fun watch and nice to see comedians talking off the cuff without the material set up. Just hanging out and chatting.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Fair enough I missed that.

I skim most of them because of this I only get excited about fighters and Rhonda Patrick these day's.

And Callen.
I want him to bring back all those wacky guests he used to have. Now its just comedian, different comedian, comedian with a podcast, comedian with a tv show. It gets stale hearing about the Boston scene in the 80s and how great it was for the umpteenth time.