Cris Cyborg slams Daniel Cormier, says he’s ‘paid to shill’ after he reveals UFC gave him $1 million bonus

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

For as many fighters who have come out against Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) for lack of fighter pay or other reasons, there are several combatants who work for Dana White and Co. who have nothing but good things to say about their time with the promotion.

During a recent edition of the “DC and Helwani” show, Cormier looked back at his time with the promotion after reiterating his decision to retire from the fight game. One of the never-before-heard stories Cormier revealed was the time White and former UFC owner, Lorenzo Fertitta, gave him an undisclosed bonus of $1 million following his first loss to Jon Jones at UFC 182.

“After I had lost to Jon Jones, Lorenzo Fertitta gave me $1 million,” Cormier said. “Him and Dana gave me $1 million. They actually called me and said, ‘We are going to give you $1 million for the job that you’ve done.’

View: https://twitter.com/jedigoodman/status/1300504847146393600?s=20

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Lol wants to bitch about fighter pay and bitches when a fighter gets paid..

M

member 3289

Interesting (perhaps unintentional) revelation that his PPV points were only $1 per buy for the first Rumble fight

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
Cyborg moaning here is silly. as if she would have refused to smile for the cameras if they paid it to her lol

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Some guys receive graduated points that increase when the PPV buys hit a certain benchmark
That's true, but a buck a buy is almost 2% and he doesnt have to worry about whether or not it sells at all. I was under the impression that 3% was about as high as the PPV point percentage ever got.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
That's true, but a buck a buy is almost 2% and he doesnt have to worry about whether or not it sells at all. I was under the impression that 3% was about as high as the PPV point percentage ever got.
It's generally a graduated scale. If I had time to look you can find the "standard" amounts that were paid to Eddie Alvarez and Alistair.

Nothing gets paid out until it hits a certain threshold. Generally somewhere around 250k buys. Then you start getting a dollar for every buy up to 400k buys (or something of the sort) and then it goes to $2 and then up to $2.50 etc.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
It's generally a graduated scale. If I had time to look you can find the "standard" amounts that were paid to Eddie Alvarez and Alistair.

Nothing gets paid out until it hits a certain threshold. Generally somewhere around 250k buys. Then you start getting a dollar for every buy up to 400k buys (or something of the sort) and then it goes to $2 and then up to $2.50 etc.
If its "points" that refers to percentages rather than dollar figures.

steroid to heaven

Colonize the Sun
Dec 23, 2015
sheeeeeeeit man, ufc created a division for this roid monster who would be a 125 pound chick if she didnt pack on 50 pounds of steroid muscle....

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Cyborg moaning here is silly. as if she would have refused to smile for the cameras if they paid it to her lol
I'll give her a pass. She got shit on before joining the UFC, she got shit on when she joined the UFC,and as soon as she lost a fight she was released.
Maybe it's not her place to bitch about the organizations practices, but I understand her position.

ejlarson

I like chicken
Jul 4, 2015
I'll give her a pass. She got shit on before joining the UFC, she got shit on when she joined the UFC,and as soon as she lost a fight she was released.
Maybe it's not her place to bitch about the organizations practices, but I understand her position.
I understand her position well also. I wish she did. Her position is, she was given every freaking opportunity and she lost. Donezo.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Goodness gracious, this IS NOT NEWS
It’s some chick bitching about something, color me shocked

Mustard Tiger

Jul 20, 2015
Joe and Dana acknowledged what they said was dumb, publicly apologized, and those goofs likely did so in-person too. Her career has been very mishandled and oftentimes, Cris and her team, came off as very difficult to do business with.

Remember the press conference when Dr. Tito Ortiz said she would die if she went to 145?

The UFC got out of the Cyborg business when she released that edited video of her and Dana backstage. Whether she understood the editing or not, who knows. But as an athlete with multiple PED infractions, that video was an example of her willingness to bend the truth and put the nail in the coffin of her UFC career.

It was all likely for the best, according to Scott Coker she got the 'biggest contact in WMMA history'. Cris can now get paid truck loads of cash for beating soccer Moms in another promotion while safely pretending she wants that Amanda Nunes smoke.