Cris Cyborg: UFC wants ‘to pay me less’ to fight Holm than when I faced Evinger

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Newly crowned UFC women’s featherweight champion Cris Cyborg has been targeting Holly Holm for her first title defense, but if her latest comments are anything to go by, those plans have temporarily been shelved.

On Monday, Cyborg tweeted that her scheduled meeting with the UFC was “canceled,” and she claimed that the promotion was going to pay her less money for a potential Holm fight than when she fought Tonya Evinger at UFC 214.

My meeting with the @UFC for next week has been canceled. They want to pay me less to fight @HollyHolm than I made to fight Tonya Evinger

— #UFC219 CyborgVHolm (@criscyborg) October 3, 2017​

According to the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) salary info, Cyborg received…

Cyborg: UFC wants to pay me less to fight Holm than when I fought Evinger

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
There is always some type of drama with Cyborg. She is a great fighter but it is never-ending.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
There is always some type of drama with Cyborg. She is a great fighter but it is never-ending.
This sounds reasonable on her part. Nobody knew Tonya, but people know Holm, therefore it is going to be a fight that more people watch. That shouldn't equate to less money for the baddest woman in mma.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
This sounds reasonable on her part. Nobody knew Tonya, but people know Holm, therefore it is going to be a fight that more people watch. That shouldn't equate to less money for the baddest woman in mma.
I wholeheartedly agree but she needs to take rays twitter access away. Constantly going to the media instead of trying to fix things in private is making people get real sick of her shit.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
While it's a hell scummy move to try to pay her less than Tonya. Can't help but think it was just a low ball negotiating first offer tactic and she prolly shouldn't of thrown a hissy fit and should have actually attended the meeting to find out.
The UFC probably thought it would go down like;
"we'll give you $100k to fight holly"
"Nah bra, I want $500k" (instead of "F you I'm not going to the meeting)
"ok, how bout $300k?" And they settle somewhere in the middle.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
U Fight Cheap has a clause in their contracts that normally increases your pay for each successful championship fight (unless it states otherwise).
Why they would try to lowball her is mystifying... but Dana White hates her, so that would explain it. Cheap fucks.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Not to mention the ufc created a whole division to showcase her and her alone. Try being grateful.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Logically they should pay her more.....but, it don’t mean no never mind to me anyway as they don’t do logical things anyway

Nov 21, 2015
I wholeheartedly agree but she needs to take rays twitter access away. Constantly going to the media instead of trying to fix things in private is making people get real sick of her shit.
I completely agree... Yes the UFC trying to pay her less for fighting Holly then they did for Tonya
is absolutely ridiculous however I am so sick of hearing her whining.

Fuck! It literally never ends. I don't know any fighter that complains as much as she does.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
She probably should get a raise for being champ. That’s what usually happens. However, she has a rocky relationship with UFC. Having Tito as her manager can’t help. If he’s still involved there’s no telling what was said behind the scenes.

Bottom line, I’m really sick of fighters complaining about pay. I think they should all make more money, but I also think I should make more money. Our companies will only pay us what they have to. If we are unhappy we can find something else to do.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Is Jacob Ortiz Sr. still her manager? I thought they parted ways.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I completely agree... Yes the UFC trying to pay her less for fighting Holly then they did for Tonya
is absolutely ridiculous however I am so sick of hearing her whining.

Fuck! It literally never ends. I don't know any fighter that complains as much as she does.
To be fair, there's a long history there. The UFC spent years disparaging her to try to pressure her into making a weight she said she couldn't make. They've had contract starts and stops, etc. Right now she's the biggest name in WMMA despite the dominance of both Nunes and Joanna. She's not getting any younger and has to cash that chip while she can. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Leto1776

Aug 25, 2017
1. Never believe anything Broke Dick Ray Elbe says. That's who controls her twitter, and is constantly out to make her a perpetual victim.
2. While UFC are dicks, I doubt they would pay her less. This, again, sounds like Broke Dick Ray Elbe making her out to be the victim- again.

U Fight Cheap has a clause in their contracts that normally increases your pay for each successful championship fight (unless it states otherwise).
Why they would try to lowball her is mystifying... but Dana White hates her, so that would explain it. Cheap fucks.
Yeah, he hates her so much, UFC was paying hr $90k/fight while she was fighting for Invicta. I wish someone hated me like that.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
1. Never believe anything Broke Dick Ray Elbe says. That's who controls her twitter, and is constantly out to make her a perpetual victim.
2. While UFC are dicks, I doubt they would pay her less. This, again, sounds like Broke Dick Ray Elbe making her out to be the victim- again.

Yeah, he hates her so much, UFC was paying hr $90k/fight while she was fighting for Invicta. I wish someone hated me like that.
I wish someone would do some research into the history between Dana White and Cyborg before posting.....

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
To be fair, there's a long history there. The UFC spent years disparaging her to try to pressure her into making a weight she said she couldn't make. They've had contract starts and stops, etc. Right now she's the biggest name in WMMA despite the dominance of both Nunes and Joanna. She's not getting any younger and has to cash that chip while she can. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.
This

Leto1776

Aug 25, 2017
I wish someone would do some research into the history between Dana White and Cyborg before posting.....
I'm well aware of the history.

"OMG, Dana said not nice things about Cybro!"

Meanwhile, she received perks offered to no other fighter by the UFC Shit, pay me $90k to wrk for someone else, you can say whatever you want about me..

Cybro nuthuggers are big deniers of the truth

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
I dont know what dogs Cyborg more, constant drama or PED allegations. Always something with Santos.