Cris Cyborg vacates Invicta belt, eyes De Randamie UFC title fight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Former Strikeforce champion Cristiane Justino is now also a former Invicta champion.

After defeating Marloes Coenen at Invicta FC 6, Cris Cyborg became the featherweight champion for the organization in 2013 and hasn’t looked back since. Since joining the UFC roster last year, some questions remained regarding a possible return to Invicta, even thought that possibility looked less and less likely. Now we have confirmation that she indeed has relinquished her title, and hopes to set up a fight with current UFC featherweight champion, Dutch powerhouse Germaine de Randamie.

Initially reported to Ariel Helwani via Twitter, the news was confirmed by Invicta president Shannon Knapp to Yahoo Sports’ Kevin Iole.

“Cris is…​

Cyborg vacates Invicta belt, eyes UFC title

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Cyborg vs. Megan Anderson would be a much more legit world title fight than GDR vs. Holm was.

Strange how the UFC hasn't signed any female Featherweights though. It's like "wrong person won the title fight, time to kill the division." Motherfuckers, if you couldn't get two people who you considered a worthy world champion in the same fight, don't make a title fight!

Once WME crowned a world champion, they should have been committed to that division's continued existence, at least unless they were okay with looking like clueless asshats who don't know what the fuck they're d- nevermind

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015

Now I know that the perspectives are a bit different but holy shit is Cyborg a beefy woman. It's not like Anderson is small. She's quite big but Cyborg's arms and legs look double the size. Crazy.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Now I know that the perspectives are a bit different but holy shit is Cyborg a beefy woman. It's not like Anderson is small. She's quite big but Cyborg's arms and legs look double the size. Crazy.
I love Megan but I fear for her safety if this fight happens.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Cyborg is bad for the sport. if I could chain her to Barnett and Overeem, put them on a boat, and sink it 20 miles off shore, I would.

Looks like someone has a case of The Mondays.