Cris Cyborg vs Megan Anderson for featherweight title slated for UFC 214

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

After weeks of drama, the UFC is getting ready to finally move on with its women’s featherweight division, and they are doing so in a big way.

The promotion is close to officially booking Cris “Cyborg” Justino vs. Megan Anderson for the 145-pound title at UFC 214 on July 29 in Anaheim, Calif., MMA Fighting has learned. If all goes according to plan, the UFC is expected to announce the highly-anticipated fight in the coming days.

It is unclear at this time how the promotion will handle getting the belt off Germaine de Randamie. The Dutch-born fighter became the inaugural champion in February when she defeated Holly Holm via a controversial decision, however, since then, she has been inactive and is still nursing an injured hand.

Cris Cyborg vs. Megan Anderson for featherweight title set for UFC 214

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Division has been nothing but a shitshow
At least they put the best fight possible together this time

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
kinda strange that Anderson would get the nod since she was submitted by danos and has 4 wins against no real competition

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
If true, pretty funny from that De Random for vacating a title and a lot more money out of pure fear.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Seriously I am 2 fucking things away from happening and I'm literally done with the UFC and I'm not kidding at all. This is not fun anymore

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
compare the records of the girls cyborg has face versus Anderson... get back to me on that.
Do I get to count the 125lb power houses like Jan Finney or just Carano and Coenen?

My point remains, the division is shit. Cyborg is easily the queen of the shit pile but she hasn't exactly fought a bunch of killers.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Do I get to count the 125lb power houses like Jan Finney or just Carano and Coenen?

My point remains, the division is shit. Cyborg is easily the queen of the shit pile but she hasn't exactly fought a bunch of killers.
the division does suck...agreed but even Jan has fought harder fighters than Anderson

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
This indicates to me the UFC is taking out insurance as the probability Jones drops out of 214 increases. They probably offered Cyborg and Anderson potential headline points.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
the division does suck...agreed but even Jan has fought harder fighters than Anderson
She really has. That's the sad part.

Her record is crap but it's not from a lack of trying. She would just fight every female that was active at that time.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
This indicates to me the UFC is taking out insurance as the probability Jones drops out of 214 increases. They probably offered Cyborg and Anderson potential headline points.
I wouldn't doubt it...even without the family loss

would be smart to stack that card even more

mmadotcomisufcdotcom

Oct 26, 2015
She fought in Feb, but since then has been inactive and still is nursing a hamd injury.

Sorry, maybe this is out of place, but what in the fuck kind of writing is that?

How can someone who just won a title 4 months ago be called inactive? My guess, another UFC hack journalist who "covers mma?"

Fertita's comments that belts are just for the winner that night and UFC has no real champions have been fully embraced by the new owners.

Stripping a champ 4 months after winning the belt and scheduling two different fighter to fight for that belt is bush league.

UFC....equal to the best professional sports leagues in the world.

Edit to add after clicking the link was surprised to see ariel wrote this. Blah.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm glad to see Cyborg finally fighting for the UFC 145 title. She really is the best girl at that weight. The whole division is really thin though. It's almost not even worth it since there are no real legit opponents for Cyborg.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
No, I do too. She's a badass, don't get me wrong but Cyborg is a different animal.
Agree with both of you she's awesome and the only female at 145 that has the potential to beat cyborg
It's a bit early which sucks but there is nothing else they can do with that "division"