Cruz: MMA has passed Faber by

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Dominick Cruz stole the glasses of a nearby reporter, slipped them on and put on his best analyst voice.

The UFC bantamweight champion was asked to break down the current storyline between him, his next opponent Urijah Faber and the man he just beat for the belt, T.J. Dillasaw.

"Faber was too scared to face T.J. -- plain and simple," Cruz said, wearing his faux analyst spectacles at the EA Sports UFC launch party during UFC 196 fight week in Las Vegas. "And so [Cruz] came back, and being the Cruz he is, beats the guy that Faber was too scared to face. Now Faber has a whole lot to say about Dominick, but Dominick is just gonna wax that ass again."

Cruz (21-1) said Faber needs to stop talking about all the belts he's won, because he has not won one in a long time. "The Dominator" said that Faber isn't beating top-five opponents and that every time he fights someone elite now he loses.

"I don't think he's regressed," Cruz said. "I don't. I don't think he's gotten worse. I think that he's the stayed the same and the game has progressed. That's the difference. I think Faber is uncoachable. I think that anytime somebody goes in there to coach him, he ends up kicking them out, because he has to be the alpha. I think that's been the downfall of his career."

Cruz, 30, said he considered that Faber didn't even really deserve the title shot, but felt like this was the fight to make anyway because of the history. He wants the feud to finally come to rest in three months.

"I'm tired of hearing about it," Cruz said. "Let me put all the questions to rest, all the talk to rest. I don't mind, because I fight anyways. This is what I do. I'm gonna fight anyway."

LINK: Dominick Cruz: The game 'has progressed' past 'uncoachable' Urijah Faber

P

Punch

Dominick Cruz stole the glasses of a nearby reporter, slipped them on and put on his best analyst voice.

The UFC bantamweight champion was asked to break down the current storyline between him, his next opponent Urijah Faber and the man he just beat for the belt, T.J. Dillasaw.

"Faber was too scared to face T.J. -- plain and simple," Cruz said, wearing his faux analyst spectacles at the EA Sports UFC launch party during UFC 196 fight week in Las Vegas. "And so [Cruz] came back, and being the Cruz he is, beats the guy that Faber was too scared to face. Now Faber has a whole lot to say about Dominick, but Dominick is just gonna wax that ass again."

Cruz (21-1) said Faber needs to stop talking about all the belts he's won, because he has not won one in a long time. "The Dominator" said that Faber isn't beating top-five opponents and that every time he fights someone elite now he loses.

"I don't think he's regressed," Cruz said. "I don't. I don't think he's gotten worse. I think that he's the stayed the same and the game has progressed. That's the difference. I think Faber is uncoachable. I think that anytime somebody goes in there to coach him, he ends up kicking them out, because he has to be the alpha. I think that's been the downfall of his career."

Cruz, 30, said he considered that Faber didn't even really deserve the title shot, but felt like this was the fight to make anyway because of the history. He wants the feud to finally come to rest in three months.

"I'm tired of hearing about it," Cruz said. "Let me put all the questions to rest, all the talk to rest. I don't mind, because I fight anyways. This is what I do. I'm gonna fight anyway."

Cruz on that loki shit:

As long as Cruz trains smart and healthy then his chances are much more favourable.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Why is this fight happening? Nobody wants to see it and Faber is too damn slow and old to be chasing Cruz all over the octagon. If Dillashaw wasn't robbed of the title by blind judges this embarrassing abomination of a fight wouldn't be happening.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015

Wax that ass means something totally different to me and actually one of my friends who lived on the west coast agreed with my interpretation so this isn't an east coast west coast thang. Dominic must really like Faber a lot.

PeteyParker

Posting Machina
Feb 8, 2016
I believe Cruz should take it convincingly, but if Faber can go muay Thai style heavy kicks(which is open) in the first 2 rounds, it can get very interesting.

PeteyParker

Posting Machina
Feb 8, 2016
Why is this fight happening? Nobody wants to see it and Faber is too damn slow and old to be chasing Cruz all over the octagon. If Dillashaw wasn't robbed of the title by blind judges this embarrassing abomination of a fight wouldn't be happening.
I dont think Faber is slow, his predictable style of constant overhand rights and not using kicks makes him a lot easier to gameplan against.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
I believe Cruz should take it convincingly, but if Faber can go muay Thai style heavy kicks(which is open) in the first 2 rounds, it can get very interesting.
i agree tj really hurt cruz with leg kicks, i dont remember why he didnt go win for the kill with the leg kicks especially cause that was his best chance to win the fight. faber should do the same and start early

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
rooting for faber cause he needs to finally win a ufc belt. worked his ass off for years like miesha

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Cruz whoop his ass!

Hopefully land a German suplex