CSAC extends UFC 232 official weigh-ins by one hour

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

The last-minute decision to move UFC 232 from Nevada to California has resulted in a tweak of the official weigh-in rules for this week.

MMA Fighting confirmed on Wednesday that the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) is extending the weigh-in window from the usual two hours to three hours due to the short-notice change from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas to The Forum in Inglewood.

UFC 232 was moved due to Jon Jones testing positive for the banned substance Turinabol, although USADA did not consider it to be a failure or a sign that he ingested the substance. Jones was flagged for Turinabol last year, costing him his win over Daniel Cormier at UFC 214, but his providing of “substantial…

UFC 232 official weigh-ins extended by one hour due to last-minute venue switch

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
You should always be on weight anyway......all fighters should fight at a weight they can make anytime......

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
You should always be on weight anyway......all fighters should fight at a weight they can make anytime......
An interesting concept, fighters can only weigh up to the limit of the weight class. Get weighed every day to make sure they don't get fat.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
They would turn into lean, mean, killing machines.

In thier natural weight class.

Rumble Johnson did it. Kinda.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
An interesting concept, fighters can only weigh up to the limit of the weight class. Get weighed every day to make sure they don't get fat.
I have no tolerance for cutting too much weight

I weighed in over 100+ times (too old to remember closer number) and had to compete within 2 hours, was always under to ensure I’d make weight...never missed once.......stay near the weight at all times or go up in weight

NCAA wrestling weighs guys possibly day of the tournament......I think it’s day of the tournament iirc

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

I weighed in over 100+ times (too old to remember closer number) and had to compete within 2 hours, was always under to ensure I’d make weight...never missed once.......stay near the weight at all times or go up in weight

NCAA wrestling weighs guys possibly day of the tournament......I think it’s day of the tournament iirc
Weigh Deez nuts

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

NCAA and HS wrestling have same-day weigh-ins, hydration tests when weighing, and weekly max-allowable weight drops.

But if UFC is going to make a complete shit-show of PED-testing, I have low confidence that they'll do anything about dangerous weight-cutting