CSAC grants Jon Jones license, cleared to compete at UFC 232

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Oft-stripped former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones is less than three weeks away from his highly anticipated rematch with Alexander Gustafsson, but he still had business to take care of with the California State Athletic Commission.

At Tuesday’s hearing, the commission granted him a temporary license, having previously revoked his license and fined him $205,000 after he tested positive for turinabol for his UFC 214 rematch vs. Daniel Cormier, which took place in California.

MMA Fighting’s Marc Raimondi has more details:

Jones’ licensing hearing was the final hurdle standing in the way of the former 205-pound champion’s impending return…

CSAC grants Jon Jones license, cleared to compete at UFC 232 vs. Alexander Gustafsson

M

member 3289

Like he was ever not going to be cleared.
Very honorable and forthcoming of him to agree to a VADA program of increased drug testing when he didn't have to do so.

When those 4 months are over and he hasn't tested positive, it will erase any doubt people have, I'm 100% sure of it.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Very honorable and forthcoming of him to agree to a VADA program of increased drug testing when he didn't have to do so.

When those 4 months are over and he hasn't tested positive, it will erase any doubt people have, I'm 100% sure of it.
I’m glad he’s back but let’s be honest, the ufc told him “offer to do more testing and you’ll get the ok....we’ve already paid them their required cash to end this game with that as a requirement....let’s go Jon, welcome back

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Thanks for the laugh today my man. I needed it.

Nov 21, 2015

Oft-stripped former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones is less than three weeks away from his highly anticipated rematch with Alexander Gustafsson, but he still had business to take care of with the California State Athletic Commission.

At Tuesday’s hearing, the commission granted him a temporary license, having previously revoked his license and fined him $205,000 after he tested positive for turinabol for his UFC 214 rematch vs. Daniel Cormier, which took place in California.

MMA Fighting’s Marc Raimondi has more details:

Jones’ licensing hearing was the final hurdle standing in the way of the former 205-pound champion’s impending return…

CSAC grants Jon Jones license, cleared to compete at UFC 232 vs. Alexander Gustafsson
Holy shit did anyone actually listen to this entire hearing?

CSAC is done with USADA. They want USADA to send them the test results and
the state will take it from there. They don't want USADA handing out punishments
or deciding who's innocent or guilty anymore

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7PDGjZYAqw

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Whatever....

What I want to know is who is he going to beat before testing positive again?

Dim

Aug 3, 2017
Dim @Dim was this the first time an AC deferred adjudication to USADA?

Iirc they did it because some boxer got a sentence that they issued repealed or something like that, no?
nah, theres been a few.

Both Canadian MMA and Brazilian MMA do joint announcements with USADA

Nevada do their own thing with a seperate hearing, but their punishments are usually pretty similar and they take advice from usada on the possible cause etc.

Dim

Aug 3, 2017
This may change how the entire doping program works in all states now

Dis is gonna be good
wont make any difference at all, and USADA have already come out and said that today

USADA and UFC have a private contract between them. NOthing CSAC can do about that (and its none of their business anyway)

M

member 3289

nah, theres been a few.

Both Canadian MMA and Brazilian MMA do joint announcements with USADA

Nevada do their own thing with a seperate hearing, but their punishments are usually pretty similar and they take advice from usada on the possible cause etc.
Who was the boxer that got his sentence overturned by the courts in California?

Iirc it's why the CSAC opted to defer adjudication to USADA for the Jones case.

Nov 21, 2015
wont make any difference at all, and USADA have already come out and said that today

USADA and UFC have a private contract between them. NOthing CSAC can do about that (and its none of their business anyway)
Let the games and lawsuits begin then. This Andy Foster guy says he spoke to USADA
and told them that the State had sole jurisdiction and he regretted ever letting
USADA hand out the punishments and won't be doing it anymore

He says the fighters are licensed under the State not USADA and the state
will determine punishments for the fighters they license

Foster - “Here in California, we have sole jurisdiction. I just need the results.
Collect the urine, send me the results. We’ll take it from there on our licensees.”

This is gonna make a bunch of lawyers rich. Lol

California commission, USADA butt heads on jurisdiction, Jon Jones case

Edit - Sounds like USADA is admitting that CSAC has jurisdiction. Now I'm really confused

USADA Spokesperson - “Our program that tests UFC fighters around the world has no impact on what any state commission program does and has never attempted to replace their jurisdiction. They’ve always had the ability to adjudicate cases as they please and we have not interfered with their decision-making. We look forward to continuing to work with Andy and the CSAC.”

Last edited: