Cub Swanson says he suffered broken hand and jaw in UFC on FOX 15 loss

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

NEWARK, N.J. – Cub Swanson is on the first two-fight losing skid of his career after Max Holloway defeated him at UFC on FOX 15. To make matters worse, he’ll likely be required to sit on those losses for some time due to injuries sustained in the bout.

According to a post-fight message on his official Twitter account, Swanson (21-7 MMA, 6-3 UFC) suffered a broken jaw and broken hand before Holloway (13-3 MMA, 9-3 UFC) submitted him with a third-round guillotine choke in the FOX-televised main card bout.

“Well a broken jaw and a broken right hand…just another day at the office lol,” Swanson wrote. “I love all my fans. Thanks for your support.”

When MMAjunkie asked UFC President Dana White about fighters transported to local hospitals after their bouts at UFC on FOX 15, which took place at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., Swanson wasn’t on his list.

“(Lyoto) Machida was transported straight to the hospital, (plus) Felice (Herrig) and (Corey) Anderson,” White told MMAjunkie.

Link to full story: Cub Swanson says he suffered broken hand and jaw in UFC on FOX 15 loss | MMAjunkie

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Holy shit. Broken hand is almost expected but to fight through a broken jaw has got to be brutal. Shows how tough Cub is and also proves that Max has serious power in his attacks. Great fight.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Holy shit. Broken hand is almost expected but to fight through a broken jaw has got to be brutal. Shows how tough Cub is and also proves that Max has serious power in his attacks. Great fight.
Well we don't know when the broken jaw happened. It could have been the last punch.

Last edited:

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Trying to figure out when/if (don't feel right questioning it) it happened, rewatching the fight......but he was seriously grimacing in that choke.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Can't tell, but zeph might be somewhat correct here? Either way, tough to handle a broken jaw even if just trying to fight that choke.

Izi_Garcia

Leader of #TheMMAMovement
Apr 19, 2015
I'm seeing people on twitter talk about Holloway vs Mendes..

This is confusing to me. Why would you want to ruin Max's momentum like that? Let him shine for a while.