Cynthia Calvillo failed a USADA in-competition drug test for THC

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

UFC Statement on Cynthia Calvillo

The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) informed Cynthia Calvillo of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation involving Carboxy-Tetrahydrocannabinol (“Carboxy-THC”) which is a metabolite of marijuana and/or hashish, above the decision limit of 180 ng/mL, stemming from an in-competition sample collected in conjunction with her recent bout in Las Vegas, Nevada on December 30, 2017, UFC 219: Cyborg vs. Holm.

USADA, the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, will handle the results management and appropriate adjudication of this case involving Calvillo, as it relates to the UFC Anti-Doping Policy and future UFC participation. Because the Nevada Athletic Commission was the regulatory body overseeing the fight in Las Vegas and has licensing jurisdiction over Calvillo, USADA will work to ensure that the Nevada Athletic Commission has the necessary information to determine its proper judgment of Calvillo’s potential anti-doping violation. Additional information will be provided at the appropriate time as the process moves forward.

Last edited:

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
They are trying too hard to make her into a Diaz
From the article it doesn’t even look like she’s facing a fine, just notoriety. Nice

Ghost Bro

Nov 13, 2015
I smoke the weed too, ufc! and use the double middle finger!
Sign me the fuck up already

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Or she took something with more thc than she thought it had, or than she intended. But Idk. So weird. I wonder if she had an injury she was trying to fight through.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018

She wasn't celebrating that she thought she won here. She heard there were peanut butter cups and Cheetos back in the locker room. Makes sense now.

Ghost Bro

Nov 13, 2015
Kelvin got 6 months from USADA for THC.
Yh but he didn’t run to Novitzky’s loving arms, an up and comer with so much promotion already I’m sure a suspension would more than likely serve her image well regardless of how long it is, I just don’t think it happens

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Fuck
I liked her too, Guess that's over
Turning out female ped usage is way higher than I thought

Edit: Just read the article, this was for weed???? WTF
Just became a bigger fan

Note to self, read article before you comment

Last edited:

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
Fuck
I liked her too, Guess that's over
Turning out female ped usage is way higher than I thought
Have you seen the champion at 145? shieeeeeeet she looks like Wanderlei Silva in a dress

Like Nate Diaz said, everybody's on steroids and he should know, his boy Giblert got caught

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Have you seen the champion at 145? shieeeeeeet she looks like Wanderlei Silva in a dress

Like Nate Diaz said, everybody's on steroids and he should know, his boy Giblert got caught
I just realized it was weed and not a steroid
Give this girl a title shot imo

Dashabox

Fi fie fo fum
Dec 7, 2017
I still can't believe she lost to what I consider to be the worst fighter in the UFC and that I lost money on her.

Anything that helps a fighter recover from training AND doesn't give them super human strength and endurance should be legal.

ender852

TMMAC Addict
Jan 31, 2015
I still can't believe she lost to what I consider to be the worst fighter in the UFC and that I lost money on her.

Anything that helps a fighter recover from training AND doesn't give them super human strength and endurance should be legal.
How is a chick that went through a tournament to win her belt the worst fighter in the ufc?

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I thought Shields only got caught for a diuretic that he claimed was for the weight cut.
That's what they all claim. And even if, still not allowed. It's still trying to get an advantage through "substances".