General Dallas body cam shows officers mocking man as he dies

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Waiting for the retards that make excuses for everything bad cops do.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
.... Something something something wanting to get home to their kids.

M

member 1013

I’m not even gonna watch it, I will be too upset

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
isolated incident, just trying to get home their families.
#Heroes

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Cops didn't do anything wrong if they followed procedure. F'em if not.
They are generally easy on the guy and restrain him without significant violence or over reacting.
Department did a bad job authorizing that restraining, assuming they did. It's fine short term but what are the length of time parameters? I doubt there are any.

His breathing was compromised but not in anyway that was overt or violent. The department should be sued.
Why did the paramedic give a sedative without assessing the patient? Depending on policy the fire department and/or paramedic should be sued.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm watching non-medical personnel respond to a medical situation. If they followed their training, nothing the cops did is egregious. They did a layman's job and nothing outrageous. Problem is departmental training if we assume they followed their training.
I do want to know why the paramedic administered a medicine without any assessment. That now steps up the chain of understanding and is not appropriate in any way.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I'm watching non-medical personnel respond to a medical situation. If they followed their training, nothing the cops did is egregious. They did a layman's job and nothing outrageous. Problem is departmental training if we assume they followed their training.
I do want to know why the paramedic administered a medicine without any assessment. That now steps up the chain of understanding and is not appropriate in any way.
probably part of the issue is police unions writing the Use of Force policies.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
probably part of the issue is police unions writing the Use of Force policies.

I don't know too much about that but possibly.
If you have a call to some guy that seems drugged out you have to consider it that he's having a psychiatric break. The initial response is pretty similar in both cases so I would expect a proper response to be a multidisciplinary team.

Cop show up in the guys rambling about satellites but can easily be contained, they should wait medical personnel to arrive before approaching.

Physical restraint is the very last resort in these cases ideally. Talking down and then medicate them down. In such a case the cops would have held him still and the paramedics could have administer the intramuscular haloperidol which is probably what they gave him. That minimizes the amount of restraint time.

have a hard time falting the individual cops because they just don't seem to have a good system.
But I can easily blame the departments.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
It’s good to see that they were kneeling on his back while he was handcuffed

He was a serious threat on his stomach and handcuffed

I’ve seen tons of people go crazy and beat up 4 cops while cuffed, on their stomach and their legs also restrained

Very dangerous from that position, scary for the cops

Also they should have knelt on his neck with extreme force to keep him under control and frankly, the 4 cops didn’t joke around enough, they should have been cracking many more jokes as they have to make fun of people in distress with more arrogance or what’s the point?

RaginCajun

Oct 25, 2015
And here we go...

HE called them reporting he was under distress and was already handcuffed before they arrived, all the cops did was force him to the ground and asphyxiate him for 13 minutes. The paramedics were there for 4 minutes before they did anything.
Per the officers- “I’d make sure he’s still breathing,” one officer says, as another scoffs. “Because his nose is buried in the dirt” and they continued to joke.
It was ruled a homicide by the medical examiner but those officers are back at work serving a grateful community.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
And here we go...

HE called them reporting he was under distress and was already handcuffed before they arrived, all the cops did was force him to the ground and asphyxiate him for 13 minutes. The paramedics were there for 4 minutes before they did anything.
Per the officers- “I’d make sure he’s still breathing,” one officer says, as another scoffs. “Because his nose is buried in the dirt” and they continued to joke.
It was ruled a homicide by the medical examiner but those officers are back at work serving a grateful community.
Homicide by what?

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
Cops didn't do anything wrong if they followed procedure. F'em if not.
They are generally easy on the guy and restrain him without significant violence or over reacting.
Department did a bad job authorizing that restraining, assuming they did. It's fine short term but what are the length of time parameters? I doubt there are any.

His breathing was compromised but not in anyway that was overt or violent. The department should be sued.
Why did the paramedic give a sedative without assessing the patient? Depending on policy the fire department and/or paramedic should be sued.
Agree 100%. Did not seem bad to me at all. Anyone who thinks this is hard to watch has likely never been handcuffed. They were cool to him and trying to joke w him. It's what cops do. How would they know he was Gona die? Also looked like a paramedic was there and gave him a shot so cops would prolly assume he would spot a problem

RaginCajun

Oct 25, 2015
Agree 100%. Did not seem bad to me at all. Anyone who thinks this is hard to watch has likely never been handcuffed. They were cool to him and trying to joke w him. It's what cops do. How would they know he was Gona die? Also looked like a paramedic was there and gave him a shot so cops would prolly assume he would spot a problem
There actions along with the paramedics caused his death according to the medical examiner but for sure the paramedics non-action after giving him a sedative was a major part.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
There actions along with the paramedics caused his death according to the medical examiner but for sure the paramedics non-action after giving him a sedative was a major part.
Also his actions of not taking his mental health meds then taking drugs, then getting handcuffed by security guards which brought the cops to him. Cops just did what they do. I've been in much worse situations w cops. This was tame

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Also his actions of not taking his mental health meds then taking drugs, then getting handcuffed by security guards which brought the cops to him. Cops just did what they do. I've been in much worse situations w cops. This was tame
based on your other threads, i don't think it your reference for normal behavior has been calibrated recently.

But I appreciate your perspective. :)

RaginCajun

Oct 25, 2015
And yet you're still alive.

RaginCajun

Oct 25, 2015
HE is the one that called the police for help, not the security guard. So the lesson is don't seek help because cops are cops, right.