Dallas police say man suffocated wife with pillow Monday night to stop her from talking

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Dallas police say a man has confessed to killing his wife Monday night to “keep her quiet.”

Jonathan Edelen

That man — 34-year-old Jonathan Edelen — is now in the Dallas County jail, where he is being held on a $500,000 bond after having been charged with the murder of 28-year-old Ceaira Ford.

According to an arrest warrant affidavit, police were dispatched on a deceased-person call to the Primrose Oaks apartment complex on Perryton Drive near Kiest Park just before 4 a.m. Wednesday. Dallas Fire-Rescue paramedics were already on the scene. But, according to the affidavit, Ford had been dead for a while: “Rigor mortis had already set in.” At that point police and paramedics believed her death might have been natural or, perhaps, the result of an overdose. A bottle of prescription medication belonging to Ford was found at the scene.

But, police say, Edelen approached an officer at the scene and confessed, telling him, “Put the cuffs on me and take me to jail. I killed my wife.”

Edelen was transported to Dallas police headquarters, where, according to the affidavit, he confessed to murder.

He told a homicide detective he and Ford had been arguing Monday night. Edelen told police he took the television to the patio “to destroy it.” Edelen said “this is the only way she would be quiet,” according to the affidavit. She followed him outside, and he says he put his hand over her mouth — again, to keep her quiet. At that point, police say, she fell over the patio railing and onto a patch of grass. They went back inside, says the affidavit, and kept arguing.

Edelen told police he grabbed a blanket and threw it over Ford, then jumped on top of her. He said he then “grabbed a pillow and placed it over her head,” according to the affidavit, until Ford stopped moving or breathing.

He waited to call police until 3:47 a.m. Wednesday.

According to Dallas police, “Records indicate Dallas Police officers were dispatched to the Perryton address on June 22, 2015.” Why, it’s not clear: “The circumstances are under review,” says the DPD blog. “The investigation is on-going.”

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I think we've all been there at some point, but ya just can't do that