Damn. Alexis Davis' Niece has a really dangerous tumor

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Tragedy strikes Alexis Davis the morning after her UFC 186 win - MMA Fighting

Earlier this month, doctors diagnosed Davis' niece, Hayden, with neuroblastoma, a form of cancer which aggressively attacks the sympathetic nervous system. Four stages exist of neuroblastoma. Like most cancers, the disease grows graver and more compounded with each stage. Of those four stages, Hayden's neuroblastoma was diagnosed at stage four.

Hayden is five years old.

"It was hard," Davis told MMAFighting.com. "Even now, it almost feels like it's a dream. Like, you don't almost believe it. It's like everything else, you think ‘this happens to other people, this doesn't happen to us.' You only hear about stuff like this, children at such a young age ... she's only five, she just turned five in November. It's just unbelievable. It's hard."

View: http://www.gofundme.com/t99h7vg

It's incredible," Davis says. "It's hard for me to even say how much this means to me and my family, the amount of support we've gotten so fast. So many people have pulled through and it's incredible. It's just, my heart swells and I feel so fortunate that I have these amazing people around me and these amazing fans.

"Just, thank you. I can't even express how much this means to me. I can't even get the words out of my mouth because we're just so overwhelmed, my whole family and the support that we've had, from everyone who's donated a dollar to everyone who's sent us a message saying that Hayden is in their prayers. It's just, I'm extremely blessed to be where I am to have such great people around."

Any who wish to donate and help Hayden can do so here. Davis' hope, along with Jessica's, is that by this time next year, Hayden's fight will be simply one more memory that draws the family closer. And then, when she has her bubbly old niece back, Davis already knows exactly how they're going to celebrate.

"The one place that she's always wanted to go," Davis says. "They said with all the treatment and costs, it's going to take about a year to finish. But the first thing we're going to do is she's always wanted to go to Disney World. And that's where we're going.

Prognosis for this tumor is tough to say, but overall probably somewhere around a 50/50 chance of survival depending on a lot of prognostic factors.

Just thought I'd share this in case you had cause to reach out to support.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Man childhood tumors/cancers are really sad. I hope she recovers and lives a full life.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Wow, I hate to hear that. Children are so precious. As a parent, I can't imagine it. God bless her and the family.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Fuck that's horrible. Gona share on Twitter now. I have like no followers, but you never know who might see it

My mom's best friend.. her daughter died at 11 from brain cancer. She got diagnosed with it at just 5, had a bunch of surgeries, chemo, etc... Absolutely horrible to watch that process carry on for years and years. Changed and ruined their lives forever. They were such great people, too. And less than a year later, their house caught fire and burned to the ground. THEN, the husband (mid 40s) had a stroke that paralyzed the left side of his face.

They're doing better these days. I'm sure they can never, ever be the same.. but. They seem to have found some peace in their lives, at least on the surface from what my mom tells me when they talk. Fuck :-/

Not trying to take attention away from the topic. But man. When I think about this kind of shit.. It really makes me realize how fucking lucky I am and how easy I have it. Wow.

P

Punch

My deepest sympathies to her and her family. Wishing, hoping, praying.