General Dan Bilzerian is a fraud

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
duh
Who would've thought?

Start a company and raise a bunch of money via public stock sales. Then spend all of that money on personal items and call them business expenses.

The reality is that if he would better incorporate himself as a character for the company instead of a character for himself, he could probably legitimately get away with all this spending... At least until the shareholders come after you for losing a ton of money. "Hey I am the product and I need to do this to keep the image of the company going."

But he isn't doing that in his regularly blowing the cash on himself only, let alone the constant change of the company directions.

Getting greedy and this will all blow up.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Start a company and raise a bunch of money via public stock sales. Then spend all of that money on personal items and call them business expenses.

The reality is that if he would better incorporate himself as a character for the company instead of a character for himself, he could probably legitimately get away with all this spending... At least until the shareholders come after you for losing a ton of money. "Hey I am the product and I need to do this to keep the image of the company going."

But he isn't doing that in his regularly blowing the cash on himself only, let alone the constant change of the company directions.

Getting greedy and this will all blow up.
that's the problem with getting on that treadmill, it never slows down.
You get tired, and you have to keep running harder and harder just to keep up.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Bilzerian Sr had been found guilty on nine counts of stock and tax fraud, mostly related to a classic pump-and-dump operation that involved "parking" investments in public companies, staging hostile takeover bids, then offloading the investments as the share prices rocketed. The judge in the case said that the "lure of money" had caused Bilzerian Sr "to lose... proper perspective".

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Bilzerian Sr had been found guilty on nine counts of stock and tax fraud, mostly related to a classic pump-and-dump operation that involved "parking" investments in public companies, staging hostile takeover bids, then offloading the investments as the share prices rocketed. The judge in the case said that the "lure of money" had caused Bilzerian Sr "to lose... proper perspective".
"When a shit apple falls from a tree and grows up in a field of shit, it doesn't have a choice. Just like Dan" - J. Lahey

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Wait a minute. Do you guys actually think that rich people actually a bunch of expensive depreciating assets? No wonder lottery winners end up broke.

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
100,000 N95 masks with the TMMAC logo sprawled across the front.
Not a bad idea actually...
I'd buy one.

And it could actually get our anti-maskers to stop their spread (of the 'rona and disinfo)

Namaste