Dana concedes to do Bones vs DC at LHW if that's what they want

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hong Kong Phooey

Spreading The Coronavirus one Corona at a Time
Feb 12, 2015
If Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier only want to face each other again under the condition that it takes place at light heavyweight, Dana White is done fighting them.

Just days away from Cormier’s next title defense in the heavyweight division against former champion Stipe Miocic, the UFC president was asked about the possibility that a win could then set up a trilogy between the longtime rivals.

Jones defeated Cormier in both of their previous meetings at 205 pounds but the second victory was overturned to a no contest when the reigning light heavyweight champion tested positive for steroids.

Cormier has stated time and time again that if he ever fought Jones for a third time it would have to be in the same weight class where they met previously so he could avenge those prior losses. This week, Jones essentially shut down any hope that he would move to heavyweight to face Cormier but adding he didn’t believe that the former two-division champion would ever make that cut to 205 pounds again.

White is obviously interested in making a trilogy happen between Jones and Cormier but he would prefer it happen at heavyweight rather than light heavyweight.

“I want that fight at heavyweight so bad. They won’t do it,” White said on Tuesday night following the latest installment of the Contender Series. “Not only has Jon said no, Cormier has said no. Because Cormier said he doesn’t want to beat him at heavyweight. I was just like if you beat him at heavyweight, you can fight him at 205 [pounds] again.

“We’ll probably watch that fight 10 times if you guys want to fight 10 times. They won’t do it.”

As much as White wants the fight at heavyweight, he won’t force Jones or Cormier to meet under those conditions for the trilogy to happen.

Instead, White concedes that Jones and Cormier have done enough in their individual careers to warrant some good will from the UFC so if they want to meet again at 205 pounds, he’s on board.

“Listen, I’ve got Jon Jones, who’s the greatest ever. You’ve got Cormier, also one of the greatest ever. Both been champions forever, I’m not going to f—king fight with them,” White said. “If they want to fight at 205, I’m not going to argue with them. Whatever.

“Two of the biggest kings ever in the history of the sport. If that’s what they want, that’s what they get.”

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
its stupid
only reason DC would not make him go to HW would be to protect his record

This has to go down at HW...and it is about time for Picogram exemption to expire

LOL just exactly how long are these picograms?