Dana & Conor explain "the belt grab"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Conor McGregor on grabbing Jose Aldo's title: 'He blinked, and then I had the belt' - MMA Fighting

Ater a week and a half on tour together, it figured Conor McGregor would have to come up with something big to attract headlines on the junket's final stop in Dublin on Tuesday.

Mission accomplished, as McGregor managed to steal the belt from the UFC featherweight champion and hoist it overhead, before UFC president Dana Whitemanaged to settle things down.

And if McGregor had any remorse for his acts afterwards, he sure wasn't showing it. In a video uploaded to the UFC's You Tube page, McGregor responded "He blinked, and then I had the belt. You blink, and then the next thing you know the belt is around my waist. I am fast."

White can corroborate that side of the story.

"Jesus Christ, this kid is fast," White said. "How the hell did he get past me and grab that belt that fast. He got past all of us. He was faster than I expected. Thank god he was grabbing the belt and not Jose."

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Jesus Christ, this kid is fast," White said. "How the hell did he get past me and grab that belt that fast. He got past all of us. He was faster than I expected. Thank god he was grabbing the belt and not Jose."
No way did I ever think anyone was going to get past Dana White!

DAMN HES FAST!

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Yeah, Dana is the Usain Bolt of MMA. Shocked Conor made it past him.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Dana's just as shocked as the rest of us. He's a fan in President's clothing, and has no idea what's going to happen next! My god this crazy world tour!

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Dana's just as shocked as the rest of us. He's a fan in President's clothing, and has no idea what's going to happen next! My god this crazy world tour!
He is definitely loving it. Talk about living a dream.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
How did that not lead to a major pull apart?

Aldo should have been frothing at the mouth shouting "I'll kill him" with Dana holding him back.

Last edited:

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It would of been great if Aldo had just sat there, looked at him, and shook his head as if Conor were crazy.
It's sure the way he's coming off.
I suppose it's difficult to keep composure, and hindsight is 20/20.
It's not as though Conor was gonna walk outta there with Aldo's belt.

I was really hoping for a competive fight before all this crap. Now I'm just hoping Aldo knocks the crap outta him and things normalize.

This is one-sided manufactured theatrics.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Dana is a child and Conor is more like a toddler.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Well he got by Dana because it was all planned out, look at the smirk on dirtbags face. The UFC is trying to become the WWE of MMA yet they are more like the GLOW of MMA. Poor scripting, at its finest.