Dana on Nates Fatty

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hong Kong Phooey

Spreading The Coronavirus one Corona at a Time
Feb 12, 2015
The difference between UFC president Dana White and Nate Diaz’s personal relationship and their business relationship is night and day.

Neither man has been shy to publicly speak about the other, with both airing their grievances while Diaz has been on the inactive list since his blockbuster rematch with Conor McGregor at UFC 202back in August 2016. According to White, it’s Diaz who has chosen not to return to action, while Diaz has mentioned numerous incidents of disrespect on the part of his employers that have left him in no hurry to rush back to the Octagon.

During an appearance on The Jim Rome Show, White explained that he actually likes Diaz a lot, it’s when it comes down to putting pen to paper that things start to get ugly.

“Dealing with Nate, personally, is great,” White said. “I say this all the time, Nate is like this guy, what people love about him is like, he’s saying F U to the man all the time. But he never really says F U to the man, he never really does. When you meet Nate, Nate’s a great guy, I’ve always had a great relationship with the kid.

“Business-wise, he’s an absolute nightmare.”

White was asked to elaborate and he specifically pointed out that Diaz claiming that the UFC hasn’t been offering him fights is false.

“I saw an interview with him that he did with ESPN the other day where he’s saying he’s never turned down a fight,” White said. “Let me just explain something to you and the fans. By contract, I owe every fighter on my roster three fights a year. If I do not get them a fight—three fights in a one-year period—I have to pay them. I’ve never paid Nate Diaz to not fight. It’s never happened. There’s the facts, right?

“So when he says he doesn’t turn down fights, of course you turn down fights. Or I’d be paying you a ton of money every year to not fight.”

As for his thoughts on Diaz lighting up a CBD joint at the UFC 241 weigh-ins earlier this week, the UFC boss was nonplussed.

“I don’t know what to say,” White said. “I didn’t expect to ever see that in this sport or any sport, but you can always expect the unexpected with the Diaz brothers.”

Diaz competes for the first time in three years when he fights Anthony Pettis in the welterweight co-main event of UFC 241 on Saturday at Honda Center in Anaheim, California.

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The ‘fatty’ has certainly drummed up a lot of attention...Dana probably gave it to him.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
My best friend Dana’s face always makes me feel good as it’s really getting bigger by the day

Sozzles Dana, love you man

madmav

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2016
thought this was about the weigh-in.. i was thinking damn dana.. eyes above the belt buddy

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It generally seems like Nate and Dana like each other. I've never gotten a vibe that they dislike each other.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
It generally seems like Nate and Dana like each other. I've never gotten a vibe that they dislike each other.

I just think n8 realised he held the cards and had enough of the 20/20 paydays that he contractually agreed to, and said “fuck this anymore, pay me” from the first Conor fight

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Translation: Nate may act a fool, but knows how to negotiate his worth.

Also, I'm sure a lot of the roster are going to be looking for that no fights and getting paid clause and calling for their check.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Translation: Nate may act a fool, but knows how to negotiate his worth.

Also, I'm sure a lot of the roster are going to be looking for that no fights and getting paid clause and calling for their check.
I don’t think it works quite like that. I read it as the UFC simply has to offer you 3 fights per year. If you refuse, that’s in you and you get no automatic paycheck.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I don’t think it works quite like that. I read it as the UFC simply has to offer you 3 fights per year. If you refuse, that’s in you and you get no automatic paycheck.
I find it hard to believe that women at 125 and 145 and men at 125 are being offered 3 fights at their preferred weight a year. I imagine Sean Shelby sends John Dodson 3 offers to fight Cain Velazquez every year and that's that.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
I find it hard to believe that women at 125 and 145 and men at 125 are being offered 3 fights at their preferred weight a year. I imagine Sean Shelby sends John Dodson 3 offers to fight Cain Velazquez every year and that's that.
Hey, an offer is an offer. One thing I've realized is that all of these companies will take every letter literally to avoid paying a penny more than they need to. So while it seems like an incentive, I'm sure they offer BS fights all of the time in order to get around paying fighters to not fight...