Dana: Rachael Ostovich is "totally cool" with Greg Hardy on same card

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018
UFC President Dana White said he had Rachael Ostovich’s approval when he booked her on the same fight card as Greg Hardy.

“I called Rachael Ostovich and talked to her and walked her through this situation,” White today told “TSN.” “And her take on it was, ‘His story isn’t my story. Everybody’s story is different, and I believe in second chances. I have no problem fighting on the same card as this guy.’

“He didn’t do anything to Rachael Ostovich. She was totally cool with it. Obviously, having her support was a key factor in making that decision.”

Dana White: Rachael Ostovich 'totally cool' with Greg Hardy on same card at UFC on ESPN+ 1

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018
By the way, Dana would just like to emphasize again how much fighters LOVE the Reebok deal instead of having their own sponsors. You know, it's all good!

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Oh yeah, I like this part: "But White isn’t particularly concerned about the optics of the decision, because he said Ostovich wants to fight."

What does that mean? He gave her the choice to not fight on the card, as opposed to the choice for Hardy to not fight on the card?

This is just about using Hardy to cross-market to ESPN/NFL fans, right?

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
You mean the married dude who didn't have enough common sense to not have sex with his organization's second biggest draw (at the time) is also insensitive about putting Hardy, who was found guilty of assaulting his girlfriend, on the same card as Ostovich, who was recently assaulted by her husband? Shocking...

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Hardy, who was found guilty of assaulting his girlfriend,
Not really.

It'd been a while since I'd read about him. He was found guilty by a judge, appealed for a jury trial and the witness never showed so he moonwalked out of there.