Dana reaching out to bullied boy

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Well, I'm still on the fence on if Keaton Jones' mom is or isn't a bad person. HOWEVER, this person IS piece of shit-

Joseph Lam

Over the weekend, a man named Joseph Lam started a GoFundMe campaign titled "Stand up for Keaton." A spokesman for GoFundMe described Lam as a "stranger" who "wanted to help Keaton after the video was posted online."

The campaign raised more than $57,000 — its goal was $20,000 — before Lam "turned off donations," the spokesman, Bobby Whithorne, said in an email.

GoFundMe is working with Lam "to ensure the funds go to Keaton," Whithorne said.

"When a stranger starts a campaign and does not have a direct connection to the individual they’re raising money for, funds are collected by our payment processors, held, and then only released only to the person named as the beneficiary. All funds are on hold until we’ve received additional information from the beneficiary of the campaign," Whithorne said.

"There was a separate GoFundMe active for a short period of time, but we removed it from our platform before it raised any money because of fraud concerns. The identity of the campaign organizer did not match anyone associated with the family."

A spokesperson for PayPal said the company can't give details about fake or real Kimberly Jones accounts, but said it has "looked into the matter" and "is carefully monitoring for any fraudulent activities."

NHBStriker

Posting Machine
Sep 5, 2015
Well, I'm still on the fence on if Keaton Jones' mom is or isn't a bad person. HOWEVER, this person IS piece of shit-

Joseph Lam

Over the weekend, a man named Joseph Lam started a GoFundMe campaign titled "Stand up for Keaton." A spokesman for GoFundMe described Lam as a "stranger" who "wanted to help Keaton after the video was posted online."

The campaign raised more than $57,000 — its goal was $20,000 — before Lam "turned off donations," the spokesman, Bobby Whithorne, said in an email.

GoFundMe is working with Lam "to ensure the funds go to Keaton," Whithorne said.

"When a stranger starts a campaign and does not have a direct connection to the individual they’re raising money for, funds are collected by our payment processors, held, and then only released only to the person named as the beneficiary. All funds are on hold until we’ve received additional information from the beneficiary of the campaign," Whithorne said.

"There was a separate GoFundMe active for a short period of time, but we removed it from our platform before it raised any money because of fraud concerns. The identity of the campaign organizer did not match anyone associated with the family."

A spokesperson for PayPal said the company can't give details about fake or real Kimberly Jones accounts, but said it has "looked into the matter" and "is carefully monitoring for any fraudulent activities."
Mmm... I don't think this guy is a piece of shit. My understanding is that he started this GoFundMe with good intentions, but may have turned the funds over to somebody posing as the Mom. Or maybe it was him posing as the Mom. I don't know anymore.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
So i missed the part where this became racist.what is going on here?

Weidman's right nut

Conservative to the bone
Jul 6, 2015
I don't know......but it is a sad state of affairs when this kind of thing is happening over social media and no one really has a clue as to which "side" is telling the truth

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
NHBStriker @NHBStriker

You might be right. I should apologize. Apparently Joseph Lam is taking the stance that although he has no affiliation with the Keaton Jones' family, he says he intends on all of the donated funds to go directly towards Keaton.

I ASSUMED since he didn't know the family that he would take the donated money all for himself. I wouldn't put it past someone to do that.

Mom of boy behind viral anti-bullying video speaks out after backlash

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Regarding the Confederate flag thing again....

Here is how I personally feel. Does the Confederate flag personally bother me? No, it doesn't.

Would I ever be proud of the flag, or proudly wave or display it? Definitely not, and here is why-

I know every black person I am friends with or have talked to on this matter, despises the confederate flag. I totally understand their reasons as well.

Knowing how offensive that flag is and how bothered it makes black people, out of Respect to not only my personal black friends but in respect to all black people, I would never associate myself with the Confederate flag-and I've personally lived in Tx for over 30 years.

The kids who bullied Keaton, for all we know could be white.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
So i missed the part where this became racist.what is going on here?
From what I understand the poor kids parents are white supremacists....going as far as I've seen on the coli forums as the dad throwing white prison gang signs and having matching tattoos.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
From what I understand the poor kids parents are white supremacists....going as far as I've seen on the coli forums as the dad throwing white prison gang signs and having matching tattoos.
What's a coli forum?

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
The social media movements are two sided swords. You get the immediate support, which right on, can lift some spirits. Feel good story.

But its the internet, and sick fucks are gonna finely comb everything and anything to put a rainy day on it. Much worse, expose unneeded information about who was put in the spotlight. Kid’s gonna get hardcore more shit thrown at him over the racist accusations towards his family, true or not. People latch on to things without facts behind them, worse so when there are facts.

Damn shame really, feel terrible for that kid.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Unknowns=
-who bullied Keaton

-race of the kids who bullied Keaton

-why they bullied Keaton

-the person pretending to be Keaton's mom that Joe Schilling was talking to, WHO IS THIS PERSON? Shame on them for making it about race pretending to be Keaton's racist mom by acting as if it's her online and saying "us whites sticking together"

Joseph Lam did he intend from the beginning for the funds in his gfm acct he created to go to the Keaton family or did he change his tune once it was found out it was him behind one of the gfm accounts and not any of the Keaton Jones' family?

What is known=
-Keaton's mom did not set up any gofundme accounts after Keaton's viral bullying video.

-Keaton was bullied as verified by the school, no specifics beyond that as of now.

-Keaton's mom is seen in a picture of her holding up a confederate flag with a smile. Another picture of some other kid(not Keaton Jones) holding a confederate flag up while Keaton Jones is holding up an American flag

Also unknown, is Keaton Jones' mom racist or not.

NHBStriker

Posting Machine
Sep 5, 2015
Unknowns=
-who bullied Keaton

-race of the kids who bullied Keaton

-why they bullied Keaton

-the person pretending to be Keaton's mom that Joe Schilling was talking to, WHO IS THIS PERSON? Shame on them for making it about race pretending to be Keaton's racist mom by acting as if it's her online and saying "us whites sticking together"

Joseph Lam did he intend from the beginning for the funds in his gfm acct he created to go to the Keaton family or did he change his tune once it was found out it was him behind one of the gfm accounts and not any of the Keaton Jones' family?

What is known=
-Keaton's mom did not set up any gofundme accounts after Keaton's viral bullying video.

-Keaton was bullied as verified by the school, no specifics beyond that as of now.

-Keaton's mom is seen in a picture of her holding up a confederate flag with a smile. Another picture of some other kid(not Keaton Jones) holding a confederate flag up while Keaton Jones is holding up an American flag

Also unknown, is Keaton Jones' mom racist or not.
Well, there's more. Keaton's dad is definitely a White Supremacist.

Keaton Jones' Estranged Father Is a Jailed White Supremacist

That said, he apparently threatened to kill Keaton before and is estranged from Keaton's mom.

The whole situation is sad. I even sympathize with the dad. He was a little boy once too. What happened to him?

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
Well, there's more. Keaton's dad is definitely a White Supremacist.

Keaton Jones' Estranged Father Is a Jailed White Supremacist

That said, he apparently threatened to kill Keaton before and is estranged from Keaton's mom.

The whole situation is sad. I even sympathize with the dad. He was a little boy once too. What happened to him?
How sad is it, that this all could have easily been contained to just a mother going into the school office, telling the principal of the school her concerns. Then the school gets the facts if he was being racist or the others were instigating it.

Instead this poor kid’s personal life is plastered all over with people turning it into this excuse to yell racism. Not saying you personally are, or anyone else on this thread, but thats seemingly what it turned into it. Kid is gonna have a way tougher time now.

NHBStriker

Posting Machine
Sep 5, 2015
How sad is it, that this all could have easily been contained to just a mother going into the school office, telling the principal of the school her concerns. Then the school gets the facts if he was being racist or the others were instigating it.

Instead this poor kid’s personal life is plastered all over with people turning it into this excuse to yell racism. Not saying you personally are, or anyone else on this thread, but thats seemingly what it turned into it. Kid is gonna have a way tougher time now.
Mm. Yeah.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015

View: https://www.facebook.com/andrea.shattuck.12/posts/1935748030026117

Dear Joe Schilling;

You realize that Instagram has confirmed to CNN & The NY Times that the account you spoke with was a hoax, right? Are you also aware that according to the TN Highway Patrol, the Jones family has received so many death threats & so much harassment, they're probably going to have to involve the FBI since many of the threats are coming from out of state & overseas?

You know that even though the claims in your now deleted Instagram video have been proven a lie, the video's still going viral & being used as a basis for continued death threats & harassment towards this 11 y.o. boy?

Did you know that the boy's school principal told the Washington Post that this 11 y.o. child has been the target of severe bullying due to his facial deformities? The principal also stated that Keaton never made any racist comments to other students, contradicting claims you and thousands of others made on social media ? Hell, according to the NY Times, Keaton's school is 98% caucasian & the minority students in the school are several grades higher than Keaton - meaning he has zero interaction with them.

So congrats on causing an already traumatized boy who's been assaulted several times for facial deformities linked to his battle with cancer - to recieve over 4500 death threats in the past 72 hours, according to TN authorities. I hope to God they fucking sue you.

PS https://www.facebook.com/Cyberbullying-itsnotokay-15878399…/
Sincerely #istandwithkeaton followers

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Mmm... I don't think this guy is a piece of shit. My understanding is that he started this GoFundMe with good intentions, but may have turned the funds over to somebody posing as the Mom. Or maybe it was him posing as the Mom. I don't know anymore.
But why even start a gofundme for a kid that is getting bullied? It's fukin stupid.