Dana securing private island(Epstein's?) for UFC fights

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 603

UFC.... Ultimate Fyre(Fest) Championship

There are people out there praising Dana for this, criticising/mocking Khabib for not fighting, and thinking that this is a good idea...... THIS IS A FUCKING TERRIBLE IDEA!!!! Someone WILL get sick because of this, but the UFC and Dana give zero fucks about the fighters, absolute BULLSHIT this thing is

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
UFC.... Ultimate Fyre(Fest) Championship

There are people out there praising Dana for this, criticising/mocking Khabib for not fighting, and thinking that this is a good idea...... THIS IS A FUCKING TERRIBLE IDEA!!!! Someone WILL get sick because of this, but the UFC and Dana give zero fucks about the fighters, absolute BULLSHIT this thing is
show must go on @Rhino

Show must go on

Get your ass to Han's Island and meat me on the northern beach...I know my way thru the tunnels to the fighting chamber

Bring mushrooms, a doobie, and 3 pairs of Flip flops...I will bring the rest

M

member 603

show must go on @Rhino

Show must go on

Get your ass to Han's Island and meat me on the northern beach...I know my way thru the tunnels to the fighting chamber

Bring mushrooms, a doobie, and 3 pairs of Flip flops...I will bring the rest
No the show mustn't go on.... This is the kind of bullshit thinking that's causing this shit to be worse than it needs to be. I'm pissed, because it forces fighters to fight, it forces teams to travel out there, it forces production team members in lighting, audio, video, rigging to go there and potentially be exposed.

Of all the members of this forum, I understand that ethos more than most here, and direly would love the show to go on, but this is straight greed

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
No the show mustn't go on.... This is the kind of bullshit thinking that's causing this shit to be worse than it needs to be. I'm pissed, because it forces fighters to fight, it forces teams to travel out there, it forces production team members in lighting, audio, video, rigging to go there and potentially be exposed.

Of all the members of this forum, I understand that ethos more than most here, and direly would love the show to go on, but this is straight greed
I will agree to disagree

This the most legit thing UFC/Danus has one in a long time
If they pull it off it will be legend for all fighting sports

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Imagine being Shish Khabib and leaving the west coast back to the bathtub with his Dagis while talking all that "send location" bullshit and now he can't come back when the event is announced. He didn't want da smoke...

#PaperChamp
#TeamTiramisu
#ShishKhabibBathtubTime

Shish Khabib gonna Shish Khabib...

M

member 603

I will agree to disagree

This the most legit thing UFC/Danus has one in a long time
If they pull it off it will be legend for all fighting sports
This is legit? For a guy who spouts as much bullshit against the evil empires of government, you think that this blatant disregard for fighters and production team is legit, and not some greedy capitalistic cash grab.. FOH.

I take this shit personally, because I know fighters who feel forced to fight these days because of lack of money coming in to take care of them. They are scared because of this virus, but this is how they pay their bills. I know live production techs (like myself and my crews) who don't know when we will get another paycheck, so we shouldn't turn down a gig like this.... Even though this virus is out there killing people.

How is everyone getting to this island? Planes? Boats? Is there a hospital on this island set up if someone gets sick from an asymptomatic carrier? Has anyone thought about that?..... But you're right, this is legit, this seems right

This is legit? For a guy who spouts as much bullshit against the evil empires of government, you think that this blatant disregard for fighters and production team is legit, and not some greedy capitalistic cash grab.. FOH.

I take this shit personally, because I know fighters who feel forced to fight these days because of lack of money coming in to take care of them. They are scared because of this virus, but this is how they pay their bills. I know live production techs (like myself and my crews) who don't know when we will get another paycheck, so we shouldn't turn down a gig like this.... Even though this virus is out there killing people.

How is everyone getting to this island? Planes? Boats? Is there a hospital on this island set up if someone gets sick from an asymptomatic carrier? Has anyone thought about that?..... But you're right, this is legit, this seems right
Maybe just have that doobie now...Don't wait till later.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

It is legit...and if this actually goes down, it isn't evil government...it is more freedom of expression and rights via MMA contest

I support an effort to get this event to take place.

I am in no way convinced it will go down, still mostly a publicity stunt as far as I can see.

Rooting for it to take place in a major way.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016

This situation doesn’t force fighters to fight. They, like khabib, can refuse. If none of the fighters agreed to fight there would be no card.

My wife is a nurse and has to work or lose her job. I work for the government and because they have called a state of emergency I have to work or lose my job.

Not one of these fighters are being forced to work. It is their choice.

Don’t you try to play the victim card for others who god damn well know the risks but choose to ignore them when there are workers who make a fraction of what professional fighters do that are actually being forced to risk their families health in order to keep their jobs.

I’ve always liked you bro, but you posted that bullshit Instagram nonsense about how the crew who support entertainment will come back stronger and now this?

My in-laws and my parents are both in their 80s and I have had to get them to look after my daughter so I can go to work and not lose my job. My wife has to go into places that expose her to Clovid every day and risks her health constantly. I do not want me or my wife to be the reason our parents get sick and die but we need our jobs.

These fighters are grown men, they can sleep in the bed they make for themselves and do not need you to fight their battles for them.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

You and others can think what you want, and I'm not going to argue any of it either way. What I will say is every town and city has the largest risk of catching wuhanvirus in a very concentrated area. Sure the authorities could spread this out, but with quarantine orders in place, everyone can go to the grocery store. Think about that. At this point in time, where are you most likely to catch the bad aids? There is no testing going into a grocery store. You can put on your hazmat suit going in, then take a bleach bath when you return home. All the shit you just bought? Hmmmm, maybe contaminated. You going to boil your fruits, bread, *insert anything else here*?

Testing fighters, teams, and production teams entering a venue, then having zero crowd? That's a problem?

I will not reply further, just thought I would leave that here.

@Rhino is a good guy...Maybe we should have a 60 minute pause after each original post to allow the person to regroup and collect thoughts...Nah...Fuck it.

M

member 603

This situation doesn’t force fighters to fight. They, like khabib, can refuse. If none of the fighters agreed to fight there would be no card.

My wife is a nurse and has to work or lose her job. I work for the government and because they have called a state of emergency I have to work or lose my job.

Not one of these fighters are being forced to work. It is their choice.

Don’t you try to play the victim card for others who god damn well know the risks but choose to ignore them when there are workers who make a fraction of what professional fighters do that are actually being forced to risk their families health in order to keep their jobs.

I’ve always liked you bro, but you posted that bullshit Instagram nonsense about how the crew who support entertainment will come back stronger and now this?

My in-laws and my parents are both in their 80s and I have had to get them to look after my daughter so I can go to work and not lose my job. My wife has to go into places that expose her to Clovid every day and risks her health constantly. I do not want me or my wife to be the reason our parents get sick and die but we need our jobs.

These fighters are grown men, they can sleep in the bed they make for themselves and do not need you to fight their battles for them.
Seriously? Ok since you want to go that route, for starters, I'm glad your wife is doing what she does to help people in this crisis, and sucks that the government wants to put you in the position to work or else you're fucked ...... But like these fighters you're talking about, your choices as well.

A lot of these professional fighters make fucking pennies, and they are forced to fight. I was in the room when Dana was scolding one former champion who was injured on a conference call, saying that if he didn't fight in that title fight, not only would Dana strip him, but force his entire fight team out of the UFC. These fighters aren't all Conor, they get held over the barrel in the "fight or you're out situations"... They have the hard choice to make because they have to pay their bills, take care of their families and management and teams. Dana, just like Scott Coker did, could put a pin in all live events until this thing got under wraps, but what he's doing is trying to make money off those fighters, off the public who most people are in shit situations right now because of this epidemic, all for his company's gain. They could've rescheduled all fights later this year, and not forced fighters to make the choice, and risk their health and safety right now (what if they get injured and require medical attention? What Corona Virus suffering person loses that doctors attention so that Tony "I bleed every fight" Ferguson gets stitched up? Or what tired doctor has to attend to that fighter instead of getting a little rest at that moment after dealing with a lot of this virus? Why does the fighter have to go into a hospital where they risk exposure, when they should have been sitting their asses at home and not risking injury?... But because Dana don't give a fuck about them, he does make them fight or suffer repercussions?

Bullshit about how the crews who run entertainment production will come back stronger than ever? You mean how guys like me have lost work and money, have families to support, but can't work, that bullshit? I personally have lost more money in the last 8 weeks than sadly most of this country makes in a year, but that means nothing right now? No live events, theme parks (72,000 people in Disney World Resort in Orlando out of work, 55,000 at Universal Studios Resorts, that's just two major theme parks, not to mention all the production teams for live concerts, expos, theatrical productions and tours)..... None of us matter right now, since we were the first thing to go away (they shut down mass gatherings before schools, and before they enacted WFH policies), and we'll be the last thing to come back..... But none of the people in my industry can have a feel good rallying cry about it, promise to come back stronger, and post it all over social media?...... If that's what you feel, well, fuck you, I don't give a fuck, I'll post whatever the fuck I want. We're all DYING to go back to work, but we can't and it sucks.... And it sucks that people are forced to work in this because they don't know where they will get a chance again (like those fighters), or they're forced to because they're deemed "essential".... In either case it sucks.

Dana isn't revolutionary here, and he's sure as fuck not doing this for the betterment of anyone but his bank accounts.... So fuck him.

M

member 603

You and others can think what you want, and I'm not going to argue any of it either way. What I will say is every town and city has the largest risk of catching wuhanvirus in a very concentrated area. Sure the authorities could spread this out, but with quarantine orders in place, everyone can go to the grocery store. Think about that. At this point in time, where are you most likely to catch the bad aids? There is no testing going into a grocery store. You can put on your hazmat suit going in, then take a bleach bath when you return home. All the shit you just bought? Hmmmm, maybe contaminated. You going to boil your fruits, bread, *insert anything else here*?

Testing fighters, teams, and production teams entering a venue, then having zero crowd? That's a problem?

I will not reply further, just thought I would leave that here.
Transporting shows across country is what I do..... The UFC production is usually a 20+ Semi truck gig. From production and broadcast, lighting, staging, audio, video, Pyro/SFX, office and infrastructure, the cage, etc.... One semi on a show goes through multiple hands to load it, multiple checks and weigh stations by DOT law, marshalling yards, loaders from unions.... On a standard day for safety and law, numerous people go through that truck. Now you want that truck to go to a dock, to load on a cargo freight... Or rent a B52 sized plane to fly all that there to that island, where people will unload it at a dock or air yard...... My point of this is that there are. LOT of hands involved here that will touch all that gear and equipment, be around those fighters, etc. That's the reason why this this is ridiculous, this is NOT some contained environment... And since it's not, than it's a risk to all involved.

Seriously? Ok since you want to go that route, for starters, I'm glad your wife is doing what she does to help people in this crisis, and sucks that the government wants to put you in the position to work or else you're fucked ...... But like these fighters you're talking about, your choices as well.

A lot of these professional fighters make fucking pennies, and they are forced to fight. I was in the room when Dana was scolding one former champion who was injured on a conference call, saying that if he didn't fight in that title fight, not only would Dana strip him, but force his entire fight team out of the UFC. These fighters aren't all Conor, they get held over the barrel in the "fight or you're out situations"... They have the hard choice to make because they have to pay their bills, take care of their families and management and teams. Dana, just like Scott Coker did, could put a pin in all live events until this thing got under wraps, but what he's doing is trying to make money off those fighters, off the public who most people are in shit situations right now because of this epidemic, all for his company's gain. They could've rescheduled all fights later this year, and not forced fighters to make the choice, and risk their health and safety right now (what if they get injured and require medical attention? What Corona Virus suffering person loses that doctors attention so that Tony "I bleed every fight" Ferguson gets stitched up? Or what tired doctor has to attend to that fighter instead of getting a little rest at that moment after dealing with a lot of this virus? Why does the fighter have to go into a hospital where they risk exposure, when they should have been sitting their asses at home and not risking injury?... But because Dana don't give a fuck about them, he does make them fight or suffer repercussions?

Bullshit about how the crews who run entertainment production will come back stronger than ever? You mean how guys like me have lost work and money, have families to support, but can't work, that bullshit? I personally have lost more money in the last 8 weeks than sadly most of this country makes in a year, but that means nothing right now? No live events, theme parks (72,000 people in Disney World Resort in Orlando out of work, 55,000 at Universal Studios Resorts, that's just two major theme parks, not to mention all the production teams for live concerts, expos, theatrical productions and tours)..... None of us matter right now, since we were the first thing to go away (they shut down mass gatherings before schools, and before they enacted WFH policies), and we'll be the last thing to come back..... But none of the people in my industry can have a feel good rallying cry about it, promise to come back stronger, and post it all over social media?...... If that's what you feel, well, fuck you, I don't give a fuck, I'll post whatever the fuck I want. We're all DYING to go back to work, but we can't and it sucks.... And it sucks that people are forced to work in this because they don't know where they will get a chance again (like those fighters), or they're forced to because they're deemed "essential".... In either case it sucks.

Dana isn't revolutionary here, and he's sure as fuck not doing this for the betterment of anyone but his bank accounts.... So fuck him.

Dude

Settle down...The WHOLE WORLD IS SUFFERING...JESUS FUCKING CHRIST..

Wild @Wild only had one barrel of bourbon at the start of this.. He is probably huffing paint in the basement..

I'm using kitchen roll to wipe my ass...Gonna move to any bills I receive later.

《3

M

member 603

Dude

Settle down...The WHOLE WORLD IS SUFFERING...JESUS FUCKING CHRIST..

Wild @Wild only had one barrel of bourbon at the start of this.. He is probably huffing paint in the basement..

I'm using kitchen roll to wipe my ass...Gonna move to any bills I receive later.

《3
Settle down with what? Telling the truth? Yeah the whole world is suffering, all the more reason not to put anybody in harm's way, right?

Settle down about me saying that I can post or say whatever the fuck I want? I mean, isn't that my Murican right?

Settle down when I defend the nearly 500,000 in my industry who are out of work, after One Trick there said it was bullshit when I posted a meme here that was shared on social media sites, from everyone in my industry standing in solidarity about not working? I mean, that's the equivalent of "Thoughts and Prayers", or whatever platitude bullshit that people globally post after some "tragedy" that happens in this world, so don't know what to say about it.... Anytime a mass of people get affected in the same way, it's pretty common to see them post something to show their solidarity, like those "(insert whatever city just had gun violence, or a natural disaster) strong" picture or ribbons.... Ain't that the same thing?

Anyway, I know that you're just trying to calm the room, so carry on man.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016

If the fighters could get their shit together and form a union like every other major sport I would have some sympathy for them. But they are all about themselves and that’s why this shit is happening. Do you see this kind of bullshit in the NBA, NFL or MBL? No, because the players formed a union to stand up to the company. I refuse to feel pity for people who won’t even sign a paper so they could begin to bargain as a united front.

As for your entertainment crews, I get that they want to be working. I feel bad for them losing their wages that they would normally be out there earning. I have friends who work as guitar techs, sound techs and in road crews. My issue with that post was how self indulgent it was. I get that you want to be working but be thankful you’re not being forced to work and put your loved ones health at risk.

Also, I apologize for shitting on you. I’m fucking pissed off about the situation my family is in and I’m not as even tempered as I usually am.