VID Dana - UFC 229 PPV buys didn't break 3 million

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
the real number will come out in a top secret email from meltzer and it will be like 1.7 mil . ordinarily that would be a huge number but they had to throw out that 3 million number because it was the biggest fight ever(until the next fight) and anything less than 2 or 3 mil will seem like small potatoes

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Dana’s face still makes me feel good about myself......please, more Dana videos....and for the record, I like Dana

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Meltzer
Very early feedback based on iPPV orders would indicate UFC 229 was record breaking by a significant margin.
Now that the dust is cleared, there is far more talk about a rematch than I'd have expected with the result that happened. The idea is that even with the conclusive finish that a rematch will break the numbers Saturday's show did because of all the mainstream talk and the brawl. Not good but whether it's MMA, boxing or pro wrestling, money comes before anything.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
The whole promotion for this felt off the pace I'm not remotely surprised it didn't break three if it did 2.2 I'd be surprised.

I can't see the promotion for a rematch being any different either.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
The whole promotion for this felt off the pace I'm not remotely surprised it didn't break three if it did 2.2 I'd be surprised.

I can't see the promotion for a rematch being any different either.
This post proves why DW's big mouth is hurtful to UFC

DW opens his mouth with BS expectations & all of a sudden a fight that most likely broke records looks less bc it did not hit 3m

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I texted my cousin at 2am bc she loves conor. And she had no idea he was fighting

She doesn't watch fights. But she usually hears about conor fights and texts me during them

Since she hadn't heard about it, it makes me think that many casuals who would have bought, don't even realize he was fighting

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
But is Dana coming out and saying he expects 3 million not just more promotional tactics? He did the same thing before Mayweather/McGregpr I'm pretty sure.

I think it just adds a little hysteria to get the casuals coming in, like "oh shit, this is really going to be the biggest UFC PPV/fight of all time?"

Then if he's off by a bit... who really cares, other than a few hardcores online?

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
This post proves why DW's big mouth is hurtful to UFC

DW opens his mouth with BS expectations & all of a sudden a fight that most likely broke records looks less bc it did not hit 3m
Good point the only thing I'll say is he says all that shit pre fight when half fans (I hate the term casual due to overuse) are watching promo clips, but they don't see the post fight numbers because they've gone back to watching millionaires kick a balloon around a pitch and falling down at the slightest contact. So it could work as an incentive to watch in those circumstances.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Meltzer
Very early feedback based on iPPV orders would indicate UFC 229 was record breaking by a significant margin.
Now that the dust is cleared, there is far more talk about a rematch than I'd have expected with the result that happened. The idea is that even with the conclusive finish that a rematch will break the numbers Saturday's show did because of all the mainstream talk and the brawl. Not good but whether it's MMA, boxing or pro wrestling, money comes before anything.
But just so people know ...
iPPV is about 20-25 of the PPV buys
So there is a long way to go yet to get the final buys