Dana White: ‘We’re gonna do something for Kobe’ at UFC 247

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

The recent death of NBA superstar Kobe Bryant has rocked not just the basketball world, but people all across the globe have been shocked by the news of his sudden and tragic passing. Some of those most deeply affected have been the athletes who took inspiration from Bryant’s career and famed work ethic.

“I’ve never looked up to any other athlete but Kobe Bryant,” UFC 247 headliner Dominick Reyes recently revealed, speaking to ESPN. “Kobe’s mentality of ‘nobody is gonna believe in you but you’ — I’ve used that throughout my life. I made it to my university, I’m…

Dana White: UFC planning a tribute for Kobe Bryant on Jones vs. Reyes PPV card

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
How long are we going to collectively mourn this man's death? My god at how soft modern society has become.
But but he was tall and could dunk.
I really feel bad for the families that lost children more than a washed up athlete.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
if normal people need six months to recover from an injury, a fighter would rehab it in three. so if people say, 'let's have a full 10 seconds of silence out of respect', a fight crowd can get through the mourning process in eight seconds or less.

if anything it's a sign of respect that this section of the proceedings stretched to nine seconds.