Dana White: Floyd Mayweather will be competing in new crossover deal with UFC 37

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President, Dana White, recently entered into agreementto work with undefeated boxing sensation, Floyd Mayweather Jr., at some point in 2020, though details of the pending deal have yet to be established.

That said, White can’t make any “Money” with Mayweather as a brand ambassador or co-promoter (nor does he need to) and insists the aging pugilist will instead be competing in some capacity, though I have a hard time believing it involves a cage fight.

Even with this video evidence.

“Some things have to play out and then I’m going to start talking to (Al) Haymon maybe this summer and then I’ll have something for Floyd in the fall,” White told ESPN (via MMA Junkie). “The money is in Floyd competing.”

Maybe this new endeavor will launch the oft-delayed ZUFFA Boxing?

The last time White and Mayweather collaborated on a project, UFC superstar Conor McGregor crossed over to the “sweet science,” where he was summarily dispatched by the unbeaten boxing champion across 10 rounds of action.

While it’s exciting to think of the possibilities involving Mayweather and UFC, we also can’t overlook the fact that Floyd turns 43 in February and has a knack for knocking around overmatched strikers from other disciplines, like this RIZIN laugher from early 2019.

I guess we’ll find out in the coming months.

Dana White: Floyd Mayweather will be competing in new crossover deal with UFC

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Dana's ego quest to redeem his boxing promotion failures could do a lot damage to MMA. The boxing industry, rightly or wrongly, still sees MMA as a threat and using MMA's biggest platform to promote boxing could entrench an image of MMA as the inferior sideshow. You would never see MMA on a major boxing card.

This is why actually giving the fat, bald retarded cunt actual responsibility is even more retarded than he is.

The stupid cunts at WME never bothered to check how the UFC actually operated under Zuffa, and assumed the figurehead hype man was the actual 'President'. And then the even dumber cunts at ESPN didn't bother to check if any of these talent agency fucks and their bald clown knew what they were doing.

Enzo Fritata may have been a mobster cunt that fucked fighters with a rusty spoon, but the sport as a whole was in much better shape with him at the helm.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Didn't ufc 37 take place in 2002?

Did Dana buy Doc's DeLorean?