Dana White: "Its a Privilege To Get Sponsored By Monster"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Nov 21, 2015
Total back pedaling ass kissing of how Monster allows
Hans Molenkamp to operate and take advantage of fighters

Its a privilege for a fighter to be sponsored?

GTFO with that bullshit!

Its NOT a privilege its an EQUAL exchange of value
and you can bet
your ass as soon as the sponsor doesn't see a net benefit from an athlete
they'll drop them like Nunes dropped Megan

Time Stamped: 5:00

View: https://youtu.be/ilV_dM0kV2Q?t=301

PS - That said.... Fighters continue to be stupid as fuck
and refuse to form any type of collective bargaining for
themselves.

So fuck em. This shits on them

Last edited:

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
When it's literally the only other sponsor besides rebok the ufc will allow, it sure as fuck is a privilege.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
PS - That said.... Fighters continue to be stupid as fuck
and refuse to form any type of collective bargaining for
themselves.

So fuck em. This shits on them
Fighters have been precluded from organizing for the past 4 years. The National Labor Relations Board was not going to take a hearing to certify a fighter union and change their independent contractor status under the Trump administration's pro business policies. This was one of a couple reasons Dana kept meeting with Trump, another being to push for the anti-piracy legislation and who knows what else. The PR benefits for Trump were fairly clear.

Three weeks ago, Biden replaced a few key members of the NLRB with more union friendly leadership so the time for Spearhead and all the other union initiatives to start organizing again is now, though it's a precarious time due to COVID restrictions and recent roster trimming. The Dem majority on the NLRB won't be in place until August due to expiring terms and what have you so a strong organizing effort now could lead to a move for certification by the end of the year, but these things usually take awhile, especially with a constantly shifting bargaining unit due to new recruits and cuts to the fighter roster. There's also the antitrust case still moving through the courts that saw a victory for the fighters back in December. The fate of this case will likely have some influence on the strategy toward fighter unionization.

So don't give up on the fighters yet. There are structural forces in play to consider. The best we can do as fans is to talk to people we've trained with or coaches we know and try to win them over to the cause of unionization. We can also continue to push our elected officials to support unionization just like we did legalization and regulation.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Fighters have been precluded from organizing for the past 4 years. The National Labor Relations Board was not going to take a hearing to certify a fighter union and change their independent contractor status under the Trump administration's pro business policies. This was one of a couple reasons Dana kept meeting with Trump, another being to push for the anti-piracy legislation and who knows what else. The PR benefits for Trump were fairly clear.

Three weeks ago, Biden replaced a few key members of the NLRB with more union friendly leadership so the time for Spearhead and all the other union initiatives to start organizing again is now, though it's a precarious time due to COVID restrictions and recent roster trimming. The Dem majority on the NLRB won't be in place until August due to expiring terms and what have you so a strong organizing effort now could lead to a move for certification by the end of the year, but these things usually take awhile, especially with a constantly shifting bargaining unit due to new recruits and cuts to the fighter roster. There's also the antitrust case still moving through the courts that saw a victory for the fighters back in December. The fate of this case will likely have some influence on the strategy toward fighter unionization.

So don't give up on the fighters yet. There are structural forces in play to consider. The best we can do as fans is to talk to people we've trained with or coaches we know and try to win them over to the cause of unionization. We can also continue to push our elected officials to support unionization just like we did legalization and regulation.
This is one of the worst things about Biden being a senile fuck that doesn't even know where he is.

Dana went hard to help Trump get re-elected, and while it's impossible to quantify what impact it had, it certainly helped bolster Trump's fake 'tough guy' image. I'm certain that Masvidal got some younger dipshits who normally wouldn't touch a polling booth to turn out for the orange man.

Biden should be going straight for Ari and the fat bald cunt's jugulars in revenge. Hopefully there are a few people in his administration with longer memories than Sleepy Joe.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
It’s a privilege for the fighters to be sponsored at all in the UFC these days, all of the restrictions Dana enforces enables the likes of Molenkamps behaviour.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017

Its all smoke and mirrors. Bidens donors wouldnt let him do shit like this. Which is why today red headed jen told the press that biden does not what to remove or even tweak the filibuster

Bc he totally believes that 10 republicans will help him push forward "bidens (fake) agenda"

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
This is one of the worst things about Biden being a senile fuck that doesn't even know where he is.

Dana went hard to help Trump get re-elected, and while it's impossible to quantify what impact it had, it certainly helped bolster Trump's fake 'tough guy' image. I'm certain that Masvidal got some younger dipshits who normally wouldn't touch a polling booth to turn out for the orange man.

Biden should be going straight for Ari and the fat bald cunt's jugulars in revenge. Hopefully there are a few people in his administration with longer memories than Sleepy Joe.
One issue is Ari's brother is tight with the Biden admin so we'll see how that plays into unionization efforts. With luck, the composition of NLRB will favor the cause more generally, since it would be difficult to justify supporting unionization of Uber drivers and then somehow rationalize why fighters can't. I think the next year is going to be a golden opportunity politically to push this cause, but it will be an incredibly difficult uphill battle.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
One issue is Ari's brother is tight with the Biden admin so we'll see how that plays into unionization efforts. With luck, the composition of NLRB will favor the cause more generally, since it would be difficult to justify supporting unionization of Uber drivers and then somehow rationalize why fighters can't. I think the next year is going to be a golden opportunity politically to push this cause, but it will be an incredibly difficult uphill battle.
It's a good point about Rahm, but this is why you would hope a few Biden insiders are even more pissed off at Ari. Ari used Dana as his frontman for the Trump campaign, but surely at least some of them recognize that Dana is just an extension of Ari.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

"I want the government to take punitive measures against citizens and businesses who've crossed them."

Good plan. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

Nov 21, 2015

Interesting. Wasn't aware all this was going on behind the scenes.
I just remember a few years back fighters wouldn't even sign anonymous
cards just to have the situation looked into.

Lets see what happens..

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
"I want the government to take punitive measures against citizens and businesses who've crossed them."

Good plan. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?
"I want the government to stop colluding with a private business to suppress basic labour rights in exchange for political favors and instead pursue that business for its terrible labour practices and initiate reforms"

Yep, that certainly sounds like the road to a dystopian nighrltmare, mete.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
"I want the government to stop colluding with a private business to suppress basic labour rights in exchange for political favors and instead pursue that business for its terrible labour practices and initiate reforms"

Yep, that certainly sounds like the road to a dystopian nighrltmare, mete.
No logical person would equate what you've written in the above quoted post with "Biden should go for the fat, bald, cunt's jugular because he tried to get Trump elected".

ejlarson

I like chicken
Jul 4, 2015

Someone set a reminder to bump this thread in 4 years for the lulz.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
No logical person would equate what you've written in the above quoted post with "Biden should go for the fat, bald, cunt's jugular because he tried to get Trump elected".
Yes, they would.

I am hoping for the fortunate alignment of political and personal motivations to achieve a good outcome, as is almost always the best you can hope for.

I know there is no chance that the Biden administration will force the UFC to change its treatment of its employees (and, yes, this what they are in practice) because they actually give a single fuck about about a bunch of cage fighters. But they might care about settling some political scores and appeasing labour elements within their power base.

Hence I hope they go for the fat cunt's jugular by implementing badly needed labour reforms.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Yes, they would.

I am hoping for the fortunate alignment of political and personal motivations to achieve a good outcome, as is almost always the best you can hope for.

I know there is no chance that the Biden administration will force the UFC to change its treatment of its employees (and, yes, this what they are in practice) because they actually give a single fuck about about a bunch of cage fighters. But they might care about settling some political scores and appeasing labour elements within their power base.

Hence I hope they go for the fat cunt's jugular by implementing badly needed labour reforms.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Post 1: "I hope they fuck Dana as revenge for helping Trump"
Post 2: "What I meant was I want the government to stop colluding with the UFC"
Post 3: "What I meant was I want the government to step in and dictate to the UFC how it should conduct itself"

Me: "Stop moving the goalposts"

Post 4: "Duurrrrr, durrrr, uhhhhhh AuTiSm!!1!11!"

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Post 1: "I hope they fuck Dana as revenge for helping Trump"
Post 2: "What I meant was I want the government to stop colluding with the UFC"
Post 3: "What I meant was I want the government to step in and dictate to the UFC how it should conduct itself"

Me: "Stop moving the goalposts"

Post 4: "Duurrrrr, durrrr, uhhhhhh AuTiSm!!1!11!"
The problem again is that you lack critical thinking and reading comprehension skills. You jumped in on an exchange between me and someone else, and seemingly can't see the connections between my points even though they are obvious.

My first post was responding to kneeblock's post where he laid out some of the dynamics of the Trump NLRB squashing fighter union efforts in what was obviously a quid pro quo for Ari and Dana's campaign support. I and kneeblock understand what went on here, even if you don't.

I lamented that Biden was probably too senile to go after his political enemies Ari and Dana (this is what they made themselves by campaigning for Trump). I was hoping that Biden would target Ari and Dana by putting intense pressure on the NLRB to do a 180 and side with the fighters rather than with the UFC, reversing the previous arrangement.

I fear that without Biden's direct interest in screwing over Dana and Ari for revenge, that the impetus for reforms won't be strong enough. I just don't see cage fighters as being high enough on the political agenda, and Biden is a business tool himself so I am skeptical that changes in the NLRB will be enough.

This is all perfectly consistent. I can try to explain things to you in a way a child can understand, but unfortunately I cannot cure your autism.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
The problem again is that you lack critical thinking and reading comprehension skills. You jumped in on an exchange between me and someone else, and seemingly can't see the connections between my points even though they are obvious.

My first post was responding to kneeblock's post where he laid out some of the dynamics of the Trump NLRB squashing fighter union efforts in what was obviously a quid pro quo for Ari and Dana's campaign support. I and kneeblock understand what went on here, even if you don't.

I lamented that Biden was probably too senile to go after his political enemies Ari and Dana (this is what they made themselves by campaigning for Trump). I was hoping that Biden would target Ari and Dana by putting intense pressure on the NLRB to do a 180 and side with the fighters rather than with the UFC, reversing the previous arrangement.

I fear that without Biden's direct interest in screwing over Dana and Ari for revenge, that the impetus for reforms won't be strong enough. I just don't see cage fighters as being high enough on the political agenda, and Biden is a business tool himself so I am skeptical that changes in the NLRB will be enough.

This is all perfectly consistent. I can try to explain things to you in a way a child can understand, but unfortunately I cannot cure your autism.
I appreciate that at least now you've put the goalposts back to where you first had them. So let's try again.

Hoping that a political leader will act punitively against his political enemies is both short sighted and foolish.

Also, are you really just completely incapable of interacting with people you disagree with without resorting to insults? You'd think you'd have learned after being banned for it in the past, but here we are.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
I appreciate that at least now you've put the goalposts back to where you first had them. So let's try again.

Hoping that a political leader will act punitively against his political enemies is both short sighted and foolish.

Also, are you really just completely incapable of interacting with people you disagree with without resorting to insults? You'd think you'd have learned after being banned for it in the past, but here we are.
Well you are supposed to act punitively to bad actors - that is part of good governance. Ari and Dana should be specifically targeted for the way they treat fighters and for engaging in corrupt dealings with government actors. A campaign against them doesn't have to be politically motivated move theoretically, it would be about pursuing a business for poor labour practices to deter other businesses from doing the same.

Dana and Ari influenced engaged in regulatory capture, exchanging political support for favorable treatment that benefits them financially. This is corrupt, rent-seeking behaviour, and should be punished.

But Biden and the people that surround him are also corrupt pieces of shit. I cannot hope for them to do the right thing for the right reasons. I can only hope for them to do the right thing for the wrong reasons.

Again, this is very simple stuff.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Well you are supposed to act punitively to bad actors - that is part of good governance. Ari and Dana should be specifically targeted for the way they treat fighters and for engaging in corrupt dealings with government actors. A campaign against them doesn't have to be politically motivated move theoretically, it would be about pursuing a business for poor labour practices to deter other businesses from doing the same.

Dana and Ari influenced engaged in regulatory capture, exchanging political support for favorable treatment that benefits them financially. This is corrupt, rent-seeking behaviour, and should be punished.

But Biden and the people that surround him are also corrupt pieces of shit. I cannot hope for them to do the right thing for the right reasons. I can only hope for them to do the right thing for the wrong reasons.

Again, this is very simple stuff.
But you aren't advocating for labor reforms. That I completely agree should happen. You're specifically advocating for going after political rivals. See the difference/problem?