Dana White: Looking for a fight - Episode 2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Bump. Just watched the entire episode and Matt Serra is comedy gold....again. The go to Philly & cheesecakes and canoli's, and watch some fights there. Then they go to Jersey shore, do the polar plunge (hilarious), make saltwater taffy, and watch some fights there. Pretty sure they found the guy that will fight CM Punk as well.

Greek777

Posting Machine
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Haha, I'm in the middle of watching it right now. Just saw the part where Matt told the guy to fuck off for trying to be cool with him despite apparently talking tons of shit behind his back

Any idea who that was?

Also, BLAF was looking pretty BLAF-y. His face looked so horrible and drawn/stressed out lately on camera/in interviews, I figured he must be completely overworked and not taking care of his health at all, body wise etc.

But, BEEP, I was impressed that the guy was in decent shape. Especially considering his insane schedule. Obviously having millions and millions of dollars to get the best "supplements" and trainers helps, but still, the fact he has anything remotely resembling a physique at his age with all the time he has to put into work is pretty impressive.

He still sucks though.

Greek777

Posting Machine
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I gotta say, I'm not exactly in love with Dana as a businessman or as a person.But, I used to really like watching his video blogs, and I have enjoyed the first 2 episodes of this show so far. Matt Serra being part of it, of course, makes the show for me. I always thought that dude needed his own reality show. I love that motherfucker.

For me anyway I am not a reality show guy, but I like seeing the kind of lives these people live in the fight game. Flying around, watching fights. It's just cool to me, because obviously like most of us, I wish I was in that position haha.

I dig the show for sure. I haven't seen the guy who they want to fight punk yet, as I'm watching/pausing every few mins to browse TMMAC

Who is he?

Last edited:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Not a fan of the way Dana conducts business at times...but man, if you are his friend, you are golden. He takes care of those within his circle, and the dude loves to experience new things and have a good time. He was deep into making that taffy. You can just tell he's competitive lol.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Here ya go Greek777 @Galanis

Could this fighter be C.M. Punk's first UFC opponent?

The UFC may have found a suitable opponent for CM Punk's professional MMA debut. 23 year old Mickey Gall (1-0) was one of the latest fighters to be featured on Dana White's Lookin' for a Fight. After his first professional fight, a 1st round submission win, Gall took to the mic to challenge the former WWE Superstar.

"Hey Dana White, I don't know if CM Punk has an opponent, but I would love to fight that man!"

After leaving the cage, Gall approached White cageside. Gall called it an honor to have White watch his fight and made his case again for a shot at Punk (aka Phil Brooks).

With a smile on his face, Dana White said that he was interested in the idea.

LINK: Could this fighter be C.M. Punk's first UFC opponent?

Greek777

Posting Machine
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Very interesting.. I have to be honest, I think he kills Punk. The guy may be pretty new to the sport himself, but Punk just has wayyyyy too much catching up to do I think. Plus youth isn't on his side, and Punk's body has to be banged up from a lifetime of pro wrestling. We already know he had a shoulder injury that sidelined his training.

We shall see!

Greek777

Posting Machine
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Also just to clarify. I'd like to see Punk win a few low level fights in the UFC, against really new guys like himself. Solely because it'd draw more viewers and attention to the sport. To me, that's only a good thing. If Punk goes out and gets embarrassed in his first fight and retires, well there will be more eyeballs on the sport for that one night, yes... but if Punk can put together a few fraekshow/novelty wins, whoever else is on the cards with him will benefit from the exposure.

If a guy puts a star making performance on the same night Punk is on the PPV - say someone pulls off a Barboza/Etim type kick KO right before or after Punk's fight, and all these new casual fan/WWE fan viewers see THAT kind of thing... or if Punk ends up on a card with an epic series of fights a la UFC 189.. I think that only helps the sport. It'd showcase what makes MMA so great to people who may not really know it yet. That's why I think Punk winning and having a couple easy fights (that don't mean anything in the grand scheme of rankings etc) would be good for MMA.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Also just to clarify. I'd like to see Punk win a few low level fights in the UFC, against really new guys like himself. Solely because it'd draw more viewers and attention to the sport. To me, that's only a good thing. If Punk goes out and gets embarrassed in his first fight and retires, well there will be more eyeballs on the sport for that one night, yes... but if Punk can put together a few fraekshow/novelty wins, whoever else is on the cards with him will benefit from the exposure.

If a guy puts a star making performance on the same night Punk is on the PPV - say someone pulls off a Barboza/Etim type kick KO right before or after Punk's fight, and all these new casual fan/WWE fan viewers see THAT kind of thing... or if Punk ends up on a card with an epic series of fights a la UFC 189.. I think that only helps the sport. It'd showcase what makes MMA so great to people who may not really know it yet. That's why I think Punk winning and having a couple easy fights (that don't mean anything in the grand scheme of rankings etc) would be good for MMA.
I think that young dude will beat Punk. He looked pretty good.

Greek777

Posting Machine
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Just got done watching. I agree. Youth + speed is on that kid's side, he looks promising. Punk is nearly 40 and doing this starting almost from scratch. Yes he has millions of dollars in resources and a top camp.. but the fact he still is not ready says to me it may not be going along as quickly as they'd hoped.

This actually reminds me of a really cool Irish MMA documentary I watched recently called Barbaric Gentleman. Anyone ever heard of it on here?

It's about an Irish sports writer who has never, ever trained or fought in his life.. he takes 12 weeks to train with SBGi (where Conor trains) under Owen Roddy (one of Conor's team mates/corner men), with the goal of documenting it for TV and taking an ammy fight at the end of his journey.

It was WAY better than I thought it'd be. Pretty fascinating doc actually! This guy had a ton of fucking guts and heart to do what he did. I mean he knew NOTHING. His first classes were basically him shrimping on the ground, stretching, doing cardio etc. In that 12 weeks he went from 18% bodyfat to 6%. Got in damn good shape. Didn't miss a day on his diet or a day of training. He took the ammy fight, and I won't give away what happened, but he certainly impressed me. Of course, being tutored under a pretty damn good fighter from a great gym, private lessons twice a day, is gonna help a TON. But I'm sure Punk has access to all that times a million.

Watching this guy, who was NOT an athlete (where as Punk at least is to a degree) get in fight shape in 12 weeks (I think?) - actually, not just fight shape, LEARNING to fight period - to take on another debuting ammy, made me wonder what the hell is taking Punk so long.. if he is actually gonna fight a guy on his same level - total novice on his first fight. If this skinny sports writer could do it in less than 1/4th the time Punk has had, Punk should be ready by now to face at least someone.

The documentary is great BTW. Again, it's called "Barbaric Gentleman".

Here's a link if you're looking for something fun and unique to watch. Found it on Youtube. Pretty sure this is the full working thing, not edited in anyway. If it is, or it's screwy, let me know and I can hook anyone reading up with a torrent link. It was a fun, unique documentary that was different than the usual MMA doc

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x3bQc8ieRE