Dana White: McGregor is better at mental warfare than Ali

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

After a lengthy media blackout, Thursday’s UFC 229 press conference at the Radio City Music Hall was Conor McGregor’s first appearance in front of the press. In the middle of all the verbal sparring between McGregor and lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov was UFC president Dana White.

Upon seeing “The Notorious” at work on the mic once again after a fairly long period, White had this to say.

“It was dark, man. It was the darkest press conference I’ve ever been a part of,” White told MMA Fighting during a media scrum after the presser. “But Conor McGregor is the master of mental warfare. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I think he’s…

Dana White: Conor McGregor is better at mental warfare than Muhammad Ali

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Yeah, dark was the first thing that came to mind when I watched that press conference.

BLAF gon BLAF.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Young Ali was better at mental warfare - as he got older he became more light hearted and comical with his trash talk.

You're talking about a guy who rented a bus, put a big banner on it saying he'd KO Liston in 8 rounds, drove it to Sonny Liston's house at 3am, and yelled insults at him until he had to come down in his pajamas.

A guy who went to Joe Frazier's gym while he was training to troll him before their fight.

Conor is a lot darker and meaner with his mental warfare. Both effective, two different styles.

Ali was more imaginative in terms of stunts he would pull. Conor is better at being a mean cunt and getting under people's skin.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I agree that he is very effective. In spite of how the presser looked to us, I think he did get to Khabib. Conor was very prepared and dropped a lot of facts on Khabib during his rants. Khabib started out almost cocky "This is what I was expecting." but as the presser went on you could tell McG was irritating him.

Now Khabib has 2 weeks to sit and think about things. Conor may have sowed the seeds of destruction. If he follows it up with more mocking and insults at the final presser, and then gets a few early blows in on Khabib. He could start to unravel Khabib. Khabib is used to being respected and put on a pedestal back home. The way Conor punked him will not sit well. One of two things will happen in this fight. Conor will smash or Khabib will smash. Conor's mind games could help. We shall see.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Pride cometh before the fall.

He talked a lot of trash.
As far as I recall, Conor has an actual physical contest once a year.
Last year he talked trash and fought a fight he couldn't win.
The fight before that a year earlier he outsized a guy he talked HALF the trash to(good thing) and won a gifted title shot.
The fight before that he couldn't say near as much, as he needed the $300,000.00 fight camp he payed for to pay off, and it did monetarily, narrowly squeaking by never-gonna-be-champ Nate Diaz, who probably spend 1/100th that on his camp.
And the fight before that where he talked monster shit to the same guy "tree-times his size", he was finished.

He's gone 2-2 in his last for contests, that'll be 2-3 in about 14 days.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Something about BLAF coddling Conor's balls really turns my dick soft when it comes to the UFC.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
What a ridiculous statement by Dana. Ali had people literally willing to kill him, not for what he said, but because he had the audacity to say it as a black man, particularly in the aftermath of his war protest. McGregor is just a guy good at smack talk to boost PPV sales above all.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
guk guk guk, Conor's guk guk cock in guk my guk mouth guk guk - D White