Dana White on Tyron Woodley’s racism claims: ‘He’s a bit of a drama queen’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Tyron Woodley is not exactly a beloved figure among fans. In the past several months, he has been vocal about how it could possibly be linked to prevalent racism in the sport today.

“Who’s the pound-for-pound fighter in the world right now? Demetrious Johnson,” Woodley said during a pre-UFC 209 interview. “African-American male, complete Tasmanian Devil. Why isn’t he getting the big endorsements? Why isn’t he making the most money? What’s the difference?”

“I’m by far the worst treated champion in history of the UFC. Blatantly facts. There’s no “think”, it’s complete fact.”

Dana White had something to say about Woodley’s claims though. During an interview with ESPN Radio’s Russell and Kanell on Friday, the brash…

White on Woodley’s racism claims: ‘He’s a bit of a drama queen’

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
The more I think about it, Woodley bringing up DJ just confirms too me that he's doing all of this for attention and trying to get interest in the fight and make people hate him so they'll buy PPV's to see him lose.

DJ is P4P #1, but he fights in the smallest, least marketable weight class, 50% of the time his fights are boring, he has no ability to market himself, outside of people who play video games... those are the reasons DJ isn't popular, and bringing up "endorsements", DJ had Xbox before the Reebok deal, now every champion gets paid the same 40K per fight.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
He's become whiny for sure. Nothing empowering or inspirational about Woodley. Not a good representative for the belt. That is what a young black kid needs to look up to? Part of the problem.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
He's become whiny for sure. Nothing empowering or inspirational about Woodley. Not a good representative for the belt. That is what a young black kid needs to look up to? Part of the problem.
The best way to criticize Woodley for whining about racism is to make it about race.