Dana White open to ‘fun fight’ between Chandler and Gaethje

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Dana White addresses the rumors about a supposed fight between Oscar De La Hoya and Georges St-Pierre, courtesy of Triller.

If Michael Chandler wants a rematch with Charles Oliveira, he’s going to have to get past a top-five ranked opponent.

And who better an opponent than former WSOF lightweight champion Justin Gaethje, who is desperate to get back in the win column following his submission loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 254.

UFC president Dana White strongly hinted that Gaethje will be Chandler’s next opponent but, don’t get too excited, as the fight has yet to be finalized.

“There’s a few opportunities,” White told TMZ Sports when asked about Chandler’s next fight. “He could fight Gaethje. We’ll see. We don’t have anything done yet, but that makes sense, and that’d be a fun fight. Imagine Chandler vs. Gaethje.”

Chandler came up short in his lightweight title bout with Oliveira at UFC 262, losing via second-round TKO, but the former Bellator lightweight king believes he is destined to become champion by the end of the year. Prior to his loss to ‘Do Bronx’, Chandler was on a three-fight KO streak against Sidney Outlaw, Benson Henderson, and Dan Hooker.

As for Gaethje, the No. 2-ranked lightweight has been on the sidelines since October 2020 and appears to be waiting for the right opportunity to present itself.

Well, this is that opportunity.

A win over Chandler puts ‘The Highlight’ right back into title contention and sets him for a potential showdown with Oliveira. If he doesn’t want to fight Oliveira, Gaethje could opt to fight the winner of Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor instead. Poirier-McGregor III will headline the upcoming UFC 264 PPV on July 10 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Dana White open to ‘fun fight’ between Michael Chandler and Justin Gaethje

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I pick Gaethje in that one.

Total nitpick, but I wouldn't call it a "fun fight" either. To me, a fun fight booking is two established, well known guys who are near enough guaranteed to have a back and forth war, but neither of them is or is ever going to be in the title conversation. Gaethje and Chandler are two of the top five in arguably the most stacked division in the sport. The last time we saw either of them, the belt was on the line and the winner of this fight may well find himself signing to face the Oliveira-McGregor/Poirier winner.

??

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
in for the bellator nuthuggers meltdown when gaethje smashes chandler in to the mat and does a backflip off the cage .also anyone remember when @priziesthorses was supposed to eat a dog turd if gaethje beat a top 10 ufc opponent?

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
That’s a fight I’d like to see
There will be zero chance of a decision

So, I will put all my money on a decision just to see if I can accidentally win some serious money

T

The Big Guy

I like both guys alot but I think gathje kos chandler