Dana White says UFC ending early weigh ins

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

It looks like, at least as far as the UFC is concerned, the experiment of early weigh-ins has been a failure. A recent report from MMA Junkie’s Mike Bohn examined the fallout from the UFC’s push to move their pre-event weigh-ins from mid-day (often accompanied by an extra hour or more to re-weigh if a fighter missed initially) to a two hour window from 9-11 am. Fighters had to be on the scale somewhere in that time frame, and that was it - no extras for a missed attempt.

Opinion from fighters on the move was split. Some seem to have loved the early start,…

The UFC’s early weigh-in experiment is coming to an end, says Dana White

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Not sure how I feel about this. More time to cut weight, less time to rehydrate.

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
Not sure how I feel about this. More time to cut weight, less time to rehydrate.
More pressure to not fuck up.
Less time to find replacements.

It’s a fine line between health, professionalism and profits

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
I’m seeing people like Big John and fighter like Eddie Alvarez really not happy about this. However as a selfish fan, I’m happy to see if we get back to where we used to be with fight cancellations. Since the early weigh ins fights have been scrapped at an incredibly high number. Plus I enjoy the small bit of drama of watching the live weigh in.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I’m seeing people like Big John and fighter like Eddie Alvarez really not happy about this. However as a selfish fan, I’m happy to see if we get back to where we used to be with fight cancellations. Since the early weigh ins fights have been scrapped at an incredibly high number. Plus I enjoy the small bit of drama of watching the live weigh in.
I also enjoy the live weigh in specticle, hope it comes back.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I also enjoy the live weigh in specticle, hope it comes back.
I'm concerned about the shorter rehydration period but I'll be lying if I don't want the live weigh in to come back. They were so epic

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Apparently even a basic understanding of how time works is too much to ask from Danus and WME.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Fighter A is signed to fight 10 days before the weigh in at 9am.

Fighter B gets to weigh in the afternoon but was only signed to fight that morning.

Who has had more time to cut weight?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Fighter A is signed to fight 10 days before the weigh in at 9am.

Fighter B gets to weigh in the afternoon but was only signed to fight that morning.

Who has had more time to cut weight?
Depends who's fattest