Dana White tells TMZ Sports he’s definitely stripping Conor

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Dana White tells TMZ Sports he’s definitely stripping Conor | BodySlam.net
Dana White: Yes, I'm Stripping Conor's Belt, No Deal with Floyd Yet

If Dana wants to strip Conor then why not do it instead of talking about it?
UFC can strip Conor at whatever time they want to.
The UFC may want the benefit of having the Champions clause in place as long as possible to stop Conor from making other deals. This was what stopped Randy from fighting Fedor a few years back. Randy was still the UFC HW champion and Zuffa blocked him in court from fighting anywhere else.

The UFC could just be relying on this as long as possible because it's obvious to everyone that Conor would love to move on and do his own thing now.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
The UFC may want the benefit of having the Champions clause in place as long as possible to stop Conor from making other deals. This was what stopped Randy from fighting Fedor a few years back. Randy was still the UFC HW champion and Zuffa blocked him in court from fighting anywhere else.

The UFC could just be relying on this as long as possible because it's obvious to everyone that Conor would love to move on and do his own thing now.
Conor still has fights left on his contract though (I believe three) so it doesn't come into play now

warriorx559

Jan 19, 2015
They are waiting for both Ferguson and Khabib to make weight. Why would you strip Conor right now only to have the fight fall through again and be stuck with no champion?

Weidman's right nut

Conservative to the bone
Jul 6, 2015
Why would he strip Conor the division isn’t exactly buzzing with new contenders in fact the UFC has become so diluted as soon as Conor speaks it causes hype.

If Conor comes back with the belt it does much more for the company. Who give a shit about interim titles.
The division is the best in the UFC

MyrddinWild

Feb 15, 2018
If Dana wants to strip Conor then why not do it instead of talking about it?
UFC can strip Conor at whatever time they want to.
Here is exactly what I said five weeks ago on SD

FrankieNYC said:
I am thinking that UFC will wait 100% to make sure the Tony/Khabib fight is on (all make weight & no injury) & then strip Conor with an announcement at weigh-in.

If they strip him now & the fight doesn't happen, they piss off Conor & don't actually get the fight anyway

That is the only thing I can think of by his weird reaction.

-

I still think that is plausible by the way Dana verbally danced to TMZ
No need to spend 5 weeks saying he will strip him.
Just do it
this ^

Pretty sure the reason would be that this is the 4th time they've tried it & they have no faith that it will actually happen.

So why strip the belt from your superstar prior to another match being cancelled & leave your belt in limbo. A further reasoning would be that if it does get cancelled then they can promote Conor as the champion vs. Ferg... rather than Ferg as champion vs. Conor. Conor as champ will get more of the casualz salivating.

makes sense to me anywayz.

Last edited:

MyrddinWild

Feb 15, 2018
That second Nate fight was only close if you're an idiot who doesn't know how to properly score an MMA fight
I'm right there with you bro. The 3 rounds he won... he won by a very large margin. They weren't even close.

I suppose it can be argued that Nate winning 2 roundz makes it close... but that's not typically what's meant when people say that it was a "close decision." When they say that... they're typically referring to a round that could've swayed either way.... & that was not the case in Mac/Nate 2.

MyrddinWild

Feb 15, 2018
Soon to be 0-3......that fight should have been stopped and you don’t win a fight by using crutches after the fight

He lost
At what point should Mac/Nate 2 of been stopped?

& please don't tell me Nate's flurry at teh end of 2 where most of his shots missed is what you're referring to.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
At what point should Mac/Nate 2 of been stopped?

& please don't tell me Nate's flurry at teh end of 2 where most of his shots missed is what you're referring to.
Connie was begging for mercy......I think it was round 3?

MyrddinWild

Feb 15, 2018
Connie was begging for mercy......I think it was round 3?

Bro.. I've studied that fight & been discussing every detail of it ever since it happened. In no stretch of the imagination was that fight ever close to being stopped by either side. If you can provide a time stamp... I'll be happy to review it with you though. :cheers:

M

member 3289

I'm right there with you bro. The 3 rounds he won... he won by a very large margin. They weren't even close.

I suppose it can be argued that Nate winning 2 roundz makes it close... but that's not typically what's meant when people say that it was a "close decision." When they say that... they're typically referring to a round that could've swayed either way.... & that was not the case in Mac/Nate 2.
Yeah I mean one judge gave Nate a 10-8 for R3, but I don't see how you can argue that R3 was 10-8 For Nate but R2 (in which Nate got knocked down twice) wasn't a 10-8 for Conor.

If you're gonna award 10-8s, both rounds deserve one. Or don't give any like the other two judges did.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Here is exactly what I said five weeks ago on SD

FrankieNYC said:
I am thinking that UFC will wait 100% to make sure the Tony/Khabib fight is on (all make weight & no injury) & then strip Conor with an announcement at weigh-in.

If they strip him now & the fight doesn't happen, they piss off Conor & don't actually get the fight anyway

That is the only thing I can think of by his weird reaction.

-

I still think that is plausible by the way Dana verbally danced to TMZ
No need to spend 5 weeks saying he will strip him.
Just do it
You already know i agree with your view on this
Dana is definitely using it to try and negotiate but there is absolutely no chance conor is stripped until after weigh ins
I could actually see them stripping him and announcing it on the prelims

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Yeah I mean one judge gave Nate a 10-8 for R3, but I don't see how you can argue that R3 was 10-8 For Nate but R2 (in which Nate got knocked down twice) wasn't a 10-8 for Conor.

If you're gonna award 10-8s, both rounds deserve one. Or don't give any like the other two judges did.
I think it's cuz Nate started to come back at the end of R2 compared to Conor started the R3 sluggish.