Dana White wants to see Jones-Cormier trilogy bout at heavyweight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Reigning UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones seemingly has no interest in challenging Daniel Cormier for the heavyweight title, but Dana White thinks it would make for one of the greatest grudge matches of all time.

Jones, 31, has beat Cormier at light heavyweight in two separate bouts but the latter win at UFC 214 (KO) was overturned to a No Contest (NC) after ‘Bones’ tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs).

Speaking to ESPN’s Brett Okamoto in a recent interview, White said he would like to see the trilogy bout at heavyweight.

“Cormier has this fight coming up against Stipe Miocic (at UFC 241). If he gets past Stipe he probably has two fights left in his career. I would expect one of those…

UFC president Dana White wants to see Jon Jones-Daniel Cormier trilogy bout at heavyweight

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Cormier retires off a loss to Stipe and probably a victory too, he has said multiple times he didn't want to hang around past 40, was waiting for Brock which isn't going to happen.

I like Stipe but I don't think he should be rewarded with a rematch, he got his clock cleaned quickly and has done nothing since, bar occasionally whinging in the media, and putting out fires.

Hong Kong Phooey

Spreading The Coronavirus one Corona at a Time
Feb 12, 2015
although in a perfect world , I too would tune in the bat channel for #3 at HW

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Cormier retires off a loss to Stipe and probably a victory too, he has said multiple times he didn't want to hang around past 40, was waiting for Brock which isn't going to happen.

I like Stipe but I don't think he should be rewarded with a rematch, he got his clock cleaned quickly and has done nothing since, bar occasionally whinging in the media, and putting out fires.
Agree with this. Think he runs thru Stipe again and walks away.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I think cornier wins against stype but stype is a damn good fighter who beat the “goat” fabricio so lest us not forget

aghof

an person
Apr 15, 2015
Agree with this. Think he runs thru Stipe again and walks away.
I dunno, a good enough offer and I think he'd be back for Jones.

I think Stipe might get him this time, though. In the first fight it looked like DC was going to have trouble taking him down, and barring a quick finish like last time, Stipe could be able to outbox him from range enough to win at least 3 rounds. And of course there's always the big shot possibility at HW, and Stipe certainly has the power for that.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I dunno, a good enough offer and I think he'd be back for Jones.

I think Stipe might get him this time, though. In the first fight it looked like DC was going to have trouble taking him down, and barring a quick finish like last time, Stipe could be able to outbox him from range enough to win at least 3 rounds. And of course there's always the big shot possibility at HW, and Stipe certainly has the power for that.
You’re probably right. Enough money, combined with wanting to finally beat Jones might be enough to fight one more time.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
If Cormier does anything based on Dana's advice, I may have to backtrack on my claims that he's one of the smartest fighters currently under contract in the UFC.