Daniel Cormier confirms trilogy with Stipe Miocic will be his retirement fight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Former two-division champion Daniel Cormier wants to end his career on a high note by winning a trilogy against Stipe Miocic. And he hopes to do it at UFC 245.

One month after Miocic defeated Cormier for the UFC heavyweight belt, “DC” confirmed he’s pushing for a rematch with the champ on Dec. 14. And it will be his last fight.

“I’m going to fight this guy again, and my intention is to fight him in the right way,” Cormier said on Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show. “Hopefully that’s enough to get my hand raised.

“But I’ll go fight him again, (and) win or lose, I’m not fighting again. This will be the only time I ever step foot in the Octagon again.”

Daniel Cormier confirms trilogy with Stipe Miocic will be his retirement fight

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
It is very telling that the chatter I’m seeing is more about Jones-DC 3 not happening than it is about Stipe-DC 3 happening.

psychicdeath

Jan 21, 2015
I hope he does in fact retire, win or lose. Losing to Stipe wouldn't hurt his legacy much at all, while winning would allow him to go out on top. Sticking around longer beyond this last title fight would be tempting fate.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
Daniel said he wasn't sure, but after a phone conversation with Dana (the same guy who convinced him not to retire the first time), he decided to fight Stipe again. It's crazy how someone so thoughtful about the sport and his legacy in the sport could be convinced to jeopardized it all by this guy...

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It is very telling that the chatter I’m seeing is more about Jones-DC 3 not happening than it is about Stipe-DC 3 happening.
Jones isn't that great to watch lately
for various reasons including fighting MWs mostly as a LHW and not wanting to move up to test himself

DC has balls to fight Stipe again...he is certain to eat shots like he did in the first and second matches...Stipe has serious power and durability

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Daniel said he wasn't sure, but after a phone conversation with Dana (the same guy who convinced him not to retire the first time), he decided to fight Stipe again. It's crazy how someone so thoughtful about the sport and his legacy in the sport could be convinced to jeopardized it all by this guy...

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Didn't Dana say Georges wouldn't get the shot at Khabib because he didn't want him walking away with another belt, but now he's giving DC an opportunity to do the same?

DOES NO ONE CARE ABOUT LINEALITY ANYMORE?!!!

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Saving the Universe one Fight at a Time
Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I hope this happens. Regardless of the outcome it makes sense for all involved. I hope DC wins and goes out on top. Then Stipe and Francis will fight for the vacated title

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I mean that's cool and all but is this mean the other HW contenders won't have a chance until like.... 2021???