Daniel Cormier: Pay Demetrious Johnson as the #1 fighter in the world for once

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Daniel Cormier is sticking up for his fellow champion, Demetrious Johnson. The UFC Light Heavyweight champion believes that the UFC has not been creative enough in marketing Johnson, and that the #1 P4P fighter should get paid properly.

“The UFC doesn’t really understand how to market him because they have to get creative. I don’t know if they’ve gotten creative, but I do believe that DJ has done his part, so he has valid points.” Cormier said Wednesday on UFC Tonight.

“UFC, you want Demetrious Johnson to fight T.J. Dillashaw? Pay him $1 million and say, ‘That’s your fight’. I know it’s a lot for a 125lber. The guy’s the #1 P4P fighter in the world.…

Cormier: Pay DJ as the #1 fighter in the world for once

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Pay him 5 if need be... the dude deserves it and so did the fans to get to see this fight..

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
DC has been more vocal lately as well. I'm still not a big fan but he seems like a pretty good dude. He was on the Jason Ellis show yesterday and was great. He all but admitted to gaming the system with the towel incident. He also said some great things about DJ then. I still don't like him on tv very much because it just feels a bit too much like the WWE when he's hamming it up but he's a decent guy.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
DC has been more vocal lately as well. I'm still not a big fan but he seems like a pretty good dude. He was on the Jason Ellis show yesterday and was great. He all but admitted to gaming the system with the towel incident. He also said some great things about DJ then. I still don't like him on tv very much because it just feels a bit too much like the WWE when he's hamming it up but he's a decent guy.
What did he say about the towel incident?

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
What did he say about the towel incident?
He stuck by his story that his scale did show him at 205 when Jason asked him directly about that but just before it he slyly commented that "I made the weight. The scale said 205." or something to that effect. He absolutely did not state that he had grabbed the towel in order to game the system but it was obvious in the way he said it that he knew exactly what he was doing.

mmadotcomisufcdotcom

Oct 26, 2015
Ufc is in trouble with DC and Bispimg making noise. They have both called other fighters out for not towing the line, which showed just how under the ufc thumb they were.

mmadotcomisufcdotcom

Oct 26, 2015
The ufc panders to gamers all the time. They have positioned themselves to claim they reach the gaming audience to multiple.companies, Assasin's creed franchise, ufc games, that shitty app with Arnold in the chopper.

The ufc clearly and successfully marketed themselves to gain those advertising dollars.

Are they admitting they do not hold sway woth this audience? As MM has gained notoriety from fucking streaming his game play.

There is your demographic...everyone, including DC, saying he has no demographic to market to is bullshit.

If they cannot reach DJ's demographoc, which he himself has created, then why should anymore gaming dollars be put in by advertisers?

Perhaps MM could bring this up. "Look if you dont think I speak to a corr group, than maybe the advertisers looming to reach that same group should think twice before pulling the trigger."

He starts going after their advertising dollars and shit will get stirred up, quickly.
Use the media as your pitch platform.to the advertisers you think will listen.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
The ufc panders to gamers all the time. They have positioned themselves to claim they reach the gaming audience to multiple.companies, Assasin's creed franchise, ufc games, that shitty app with Arnold in the chopper.

The ufc clearly and successfully marketed themselves to gain those advertising dollars.

Are they admitting they do not hold sway woth this audience? As MM has gained notoriety from fucking streaming his game play.

There is your demographic...everyone, including DC, saying he has no demographic to market to is bullshit.

If they cannot reach DJ's demographoc, which he himself has created, then why should anymore gaming dollars be put in by advertisers?

Perhaps MM could bring this up. "Look if you dont think I speak to a corr group, than maybe the advertisers looming to reach that same group should think twice before pulling the trigger."

He starts going after their advertising dollars and shit will get stirred up, quickly.
Use the media as your pitch platform.to the advertisers you think will listen.
While I think this strategy wouldn't exactly work, a few interviews with Kotaku couldn't hurt.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
They should try and make an effort to market him but I think they would struggle to get him a payday like that without losing £750k

Last edited:

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
They should try and make an effort to market him but I think they would struggle to get him a payday like without losing £750k
You're American and this is a Murcian website, please refrain from using commie dollar signs going forward or I will regrettably be forced to report you to your big brother Priziesthorse @Priziesthorse . K. Thanks.

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
Demetrious should be signed for a loss to the UFC if for no other reason he's the most reliable champion in all of MMA.

UFC needs to realize their credibility for great fighters is a large aspect of why people choose to watch their events, even if other reasons are in-play.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
The UFC, especially under the new ownership, arent fans of losing money.

Why in the actual fuck would they pay DJ a mill?

Dude has never sold more than 100k ppv's.

The crowds scramble for the parking lot during his walkouts.

Im as big of a mighty mouse fan as anybody but lets get real.

Hes lucky to be making as much as he is.

The only other sport where a guy whos 5'3" gets the spotlight is being a horse jockey and nobody even knows their names.

Nobody likes watching the little guys and the women fight. Ive been saying this shit since 1989.

Wake up

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
The UFC, especially under the new ownership, arent fans of losing money.

Why in the actual fuck would they pay DJ a mill?

Dude has never sold more than 100k ppv's.

The crowds scramble for the parking lot during his walkouts.

Im as big of a mighty mouse fan as anybody but lets get real.

Hes lucky to be making as much as he is.

The only other sport where a guy whos 5'3" gets the spotlight is being a horse jockey and nobody even knows their names.

Nobody likes watching the little guys and the women fight. Ive been saying this shit since 1989.

Wake up
I know right? Imagine that tiny fucker Pacquiao making more than 20k for a fight. LAUGHABLE!