Daniel Cormier says Jon Jones rematch is now or never: ‘It’s my rules, I’m the champ now’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

A rematch has seemingly eluded both Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones. Due to unfortunate circumstances, the two men have failed to face each other a couple of times already in 2016 alone.

In July, “Bones” year-long suspension from a failed drug test at UFC 200 will officially lapse, and he will be reinstated back into the active roster. The promotion has then marked UFC 214 on July 29th as the date for their much-awaited second meeting, but has not been made final since Jones has yet to accept the offer.

Per Dana White’s stipulation, top contender Jimi Manuwa would be facing “DC” if Jones will be unavailable for the said date. But for the current champion, his rematch with Jones should be the next fight…

DC to Jones: No tune ups, fight me now or never

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
Lol @ "my rules". Yeah, sure buddy.

I wouldn't even give Bones the pay day as he's so unreliable. That said, Bones would chew DC up. Too many tools in his toolbox for him & the Manuwa fight is utterly underwhelming.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Prediction.

Dc retires before jones rematch......

Otherwise, he gets broken and that's that for his mma career.......

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Prediction.

Dc retires before jones rematch......

Otherwise, he gets broken and that's that for his mma career.......
This is the most likely scenario. Another option is Jon getting into trouble up to fight then DC retires shortly after.

Howard Moon

Posting Machine
Sep 6, 2015
I don't think this is an automatic win for JJ the way I once did. Jones is getting closer to 30, has hardly fought in years, and rules changes (and USADA)have taken away some of his arsenal.

Cormier has been fighting top caliber opponents and improving his game. He's older, but has around the same number of MMA fights and mileage on his body as ol' Crash n Dash. I think this fight (if it happens)will be a lot closer than most anticipate.

As much as I don't like DC, I don't believe he would ever try to duck JBJ. If anything, this is a ploy to force Jones to take a fight before he wants it. It would be to Cormier's advantage to get a rusty Jones in his first fight back after a layoff.

M

member 3289

Let's be honest - Jon Jones is the real champ, and DC is gonna be trying to take his belt again.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Smart move by DC.

Don't give Jones a warm up fight to get back into his grove, ring rust is real and DC's odds are significantly higher taking on Jones after his "STEROIDS" suspension.

Jones has fought 1 fight under USADA and that was against OSP ....Jones looked very average in that fight compared to when he was on the JUICE cleaning out the LHW division.

*Anyone who listened to Jon Jones on Rogans podcast a few months ago would pick up that Jon Jones does not want to be remembered or called a Steroid User....if I'm D.C I'm connecting Steroids and Jon Jones with every other sentence leading up to the potential fight...spamming the media with "Jones / Steroids" at every chance possible.

Last edited: