Darren Till vs. Stephen Thompson announced for UFC Liverpool main event

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Darren Till got the big fight he wanted in his hometown of Liverpool, England.

The unbeaten welterweight meets two-time title challenger Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson in the main event of UFC Liverpool on May 27 at the Echo Arena, officials announced Thursday.

Talks of the bout were first reported by BJPenn.com and later confirmed by MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani.

Darren Till vs. Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson announced for UFC Liverpool main event

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
Looking forward to this one, hoping Till gets the win.

Bisping has also said he would like to fight on this card.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Till gets planked. Early. His win vs. Cerrone was the equivaent of me hitting a homerun off of Roger Clemens in his prime.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Kinda related side story. I was bartending at the time when some guy used the 'hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in sport's" argument.

I laughed in his face. I said let me take 100 swings against Randy Johnson, I'll hit one ball at least fair. Have me fight BJ Penn 100 times, I don't like my chances.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Till gets planked. Early. His win vs. Cerrone was the equivaent of me hitting a homerun off of Roger Clemens in his prime.
I agree that Wonderboy beats him but Till's win over Cerrone was totally legit IMO. Till is just on the upside enough and Cerrone on the downside enough to produce that outcome.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
wah? what hell is going on in this thread lol that win over cerrone wasn't some kind of fluke from what i saw. don't understand why excuses are being made for cowboy.

if anyone is getting KOd it will be wonderboy. in my opinion.

T

The Big Guy

I could easily see thompson outstriking till. Till will probably get frustrated and start to tire in the 3 4 5 rounds. Intresting fight

I agree with luke thompson that wonderboy has absolutely nothing to gain since hes already ranked #1 and he could ko till in 5 seconds but he wont get a woodley rematch anytime soon. Plus theres a interim title fight between colby and rda which usually indicates a titleshot for the winner. If rda/colby winner beats woodley then wonderboy has a shot. Next year

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
I could easily see thompson outstriking till. Till will probably get frustrated and start to tire in the 3 4 5 rounds. Intresting fight

I agree with luke thompson that wonderboy has absolutely nothing to gain since hes already ranked #1 and he could ko till in 5 seconds but he wont get a woodley rematch anytime soon. Plus theres a interim title fight between colby and rda which usually indicates a titleshot for the winner. If rda/colby winner beats woodley then wonderboy has a shot. Next year
The problem is that nobody wants to see him fight Tyron again, he's lost twice to him and only has 1 win since his loss. Wonderboy needs a few more wins before he's granted another shot.

We shall bet on this....I'll make sure we agree on something before it happens...This is also on.my birthday so I'll thank you for buying my drinks afterwards.

Weidman's right nut

Conservative to the bone
Jul 6, 2015
The problem is that nobody wants to see him fight Tyron again, he's lost twice to him and only has 1 win since his loss. Wonderboy needs a few more wins before he's granted another shot.
Not true....I want to see #3, but Wonderboy is my second favorite fighter and I feel he was the rightful winner in the first fight

Weidman's right nut

Conservative to the bone
Jul 6, 2015
I love Wonderboy, he is #2 in my books in terms of favorite fighters but oddly, I wouldn't be super pissed if Till were to win

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
wah? what hell is going on in this thread lol that win over cerrone wasn't some kind of fluke from what i saw. don't understand why excuses are being made for cowboy.

if anyone is getting KOd it will be wonderboy. in my opinion.
Yeah, bunch of haters
Scousers aren’t braggers, they just sneak up and smash you......Thompson should be thankful he’s been warned