Data shows most gamblers picking Logan Paul to upset Mayweather

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Floyd Mayweather v Logan Paul - Press Conference

It’s actually happening. Retired and undefeated boxing great Floyd Mayweather is actually doing an exhibition bout with YouTube sensation, Logan Paul, this Sunday night (June 6th). When the betting odds first dropped for this unlikely spectacle, Mayweather opened up as an expected -2500 betting favorite with a +900 comeback on the wildly less experienced Paul. Since then, a large influx of underdog wagers have shriveled up that betting line to -900 for Floyd, and +500 for Logan.

According to OddsChecker.com, the last week has seen 57% of bets get placed on Logan, with only 38.1% of the wagers in favor of Mayweather. How can so many people bet in favor of Paul, yet Mayweather is still a heavy betting favorite? Well, to put it simply, the real money is already on Floyd. The professional gamblers and big whales have already taken action, and whatever numerous wagers (dumb money) come flying in for the YouTuber, that dollar amount will never surpass the quantity of money that has already been dropped on Money May. We saw the same thing when Conor McGregor fought Khabib Nurmagomedov. More people bet on Conor, but more money was wagered on Khabib.

OddsChecker also mentions that a sizable 4.9% of the gambling public have placed their bets in favor of a draw. After all, this is an exhibition bout, with no declared winner at the end. Most straight up moneylines have been suspended for this reason, but knockouts are allowed, and there are a ton of crazy prop bets out there.

Betting on an exhibition can be a bit tricky, so now might be a good time to talk about how betting on either fighter can be a waste of time. When Mayweather ran right through Tenshin Nasukawa in an exhibition bout at Rizin 14, no betting odds were available for the match... because it was an exhibition without a true winner being declared. Now, let’s take a look at when we had betting odds for a boxing exhibition between Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. Plenty of people bet one way or the other, but all bets were called off after the fight, as it was an exhibition match without an official winner. So, all of those people just tied up a bunch of bread for no good reason, just to get it returned. That sounds like an interest free loan to the bookies if you ask me. Be careful is what I’m saying.

A spokesmen for OddsChecker, Kyle Newman, had this to say about the bulk of bets being for Paul, “The odds are dictated by the market, and the bets have been on Paul. It’s tough to see any way he wins this fight, especially since he couldn’t even beat a YouTuber, but bettors are doing their thing. Perhaps the odds on Paul were simply too good to pass up, but even so it’s hard to see him actually winning the fight.”

Betting data shows most gamblers picking Logan Paul to upset Floyd Mayweather

Last edited:

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Why do they look like they're going to kiss?
That’s one part of any stare down I hate

we understand you don’t like each other, but kissing each other isn’t necessary....though I believe this is all hype for a good paycheck which I will not contribute to.....never watched Floyd vs Conor and don’t care to ever see it, even if it’s on replay

digthisbigcrux

Dreams are free, motherfucker
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
If Logan "beats" Money I'm done with combat sports....badminton and miniature golf will be my new jawn

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Yeah, no shit they’re picking him to win. It’s so they can make a ton of money off of all the dummies that will bet on Logan. It’s an easy money grab.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
why did Floyd shave and cut his hair? i liked it better when he looked like he'd just come out from behind some trash cans.

Logan looks like he has had two folded cooked chickens inserted under the skin on his upper back.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Yeah, no shit they’re picking him to win. It’s so they can make a ton of money off of all the dummies that will bet on Logan. It’s an easy money grab.
I have some bonus money on my account and thought "Maybe I'll throw 5 bucks on Logan. You never know."

The odds for this fight are truly laughable.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
so i am reading this fight will take place tonight at midnight easter/9 pacific lol who the fuck is staying up til midnight to watch an abortion exhibition fight vs a youtuber? i wouldnt stay up on a sunday to watch RIZIN or something decent

The pay-per-view broadcast on Showtime starts at 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT). Expect Mayweather and Paul to make their ring walks around midnight ET.

who the fuck is going to pay 49.99(lol yeah right ) to stay up til like 1-130am ? this is the dumbest shit ever

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
so i am reading this fight will take place tonight at midnight easter/9 pacific lol who the fuck is staying up til midnight to watch an abortion exhibition fight vs a youtuber? i wouldnt stay up on a sunday to watch RIZIN or something decent

The pay-per-view broadcast on Showtime starts at 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT). Expect Mayweather and Paul to make their ring walks around midnight ET.

who the fuck is going to pay 49.99(lol yeah right ) to stay up til like 1-130am ? this is the dumbest shit ever
Over here, fight cards are on Sunday afternoons. The main event usually starts at around 3-4pm. Perfect. I prefer that to cards on Saturday night.

??

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

I can't wait.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Over here, fight cards are on Sunday afternoons. The main event usually starts at around 3-4pm. Perfect. I prefer that to cards on Saturday night.

??
i was under the impression that this would be an afternoon card on a sunday until i looked in to this. i am not expecting it to sell many ppvs even from the floyd fanboys

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Better than midday card

I skipped work yesterday to watch that UFC...probably should have just worked

Good for me but a shitty plan for everybody not on west coast time

50 bucks for the PPV? Is there even any good matchups?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
i was under the impression that this would be an afternoon card on a sunday until i looked in to this. i am not expecting it to sell many ppvs even from the floyd fanboys
Part of me thinks this is by design. Apparently the early PPV #'s were horrendous. If you have it on a Sunday, you have an out.

T

The Big Guy

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
How can I watch the fight on TV?
Showtime PPV will have the fight available for $49.99.

How can I stream the fight online?
You can stream online at Showtime.com or on the Showtime App and Fanmio Boxing.

Televised main card
Floyd Mayweather vs. Logan Paul, eight rounds (exhibition)

Badou Jack vs. Dervin Colina, 12 rounds

Jarrett Hurd vs. Luis Arias, 10 rounds

Chad Johnson vs. Brian Maxwell, six rounds (exhibition)

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Televised main card

are you a tri ller lawyer?

laying groundwork for future le gal action?

Chad Johnson....interesting

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015

Televised main card

@conor mcgregor nut hugger is selling illegal streams. His real name is Kyle Cunningham and he lives at 48 Coral St. Tampa Florida. His cel is 549-243-3824.