General Dave Chapelle (Sticks and Stones)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
the bourdain joke was funny and it was done well how he tied to to his friend working at foolocker

Last edited:

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
If you can't see that literally making the same jokes and talking about the exact same topics special after special isn't lazy, then it's beyond hopeless to convince you otherwise. It's the definition of lazy. You're right about the the shows being carefully calibrated but not in the way you think. He's worked out how to generate headlines on the same topics.

January 2, 2018:

Dave Chappelle Defends Louis C.K. in Netflix Special | National Review

August 27 2019:

Dave Chappelle defends Michael Jackson, Louis C.K. in new special

Here's some evidence of him being the bitter, jealous, insecure, validation obsessed, pussy diva that he's become. I mean, Chappelle Show was great, but he thinks he invented sketch comedy?

Dave Chappelle Explains Key and Peele Criticism, Compares Chappelle Show to a Crazy Ex in New Interview

It may hurt to come to the realization that your hero has turned into a charlatan, a crybaby bitch and a hack, but it's better to rip that band-aid off than go through life being a fucking rube.
You're free to believe what you like and I don't really have much interest in convincing you, but you're here acting like you're giving some great enlightenment to the unwashed masses and it's patently clear that your thoughts on this are pretty unoriginal and formed based on hot takes you've read on blogs. I've literally read every word you've posted here in countless spaces from numerous commentators. You know who you're talking to so you should know better than to think this wouldn't be obvious. If you find Chappelle's humor difficult to take because it's distasteful or trite to you, that's understandable, but you're not providing a take on it that offers anything insightful, or that really even demonstrates being informed, despite somehow thinking you are. You're literally just regurgitating talking points you've consumed.

My thoughts on Dave are limited to observing him as a performer. Speculating on his personal insecurities or his motivations is pointless. We can simply evaluate the performance for what it is if we choose to watch it. Then we can put it into the context of what he's historically done and what others in the field have done. If you conclude that there's continuity, that's a fair assessment. You'd expect that of any performer. But to say it's the same old thing or lazily constructed implies there wasn't much technical calibration and craftsmanship at all, which you grant isn't the case, so in all honesty I don't really know what you think you're talking about.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I thought this special was a masterpiece, maybe one of the best I've ever seen, and the material was very finely tuned, even when he mixed in improv. There were a couple misses, but it was pretty clear that this was painstakingly crafted and workshopped in clubs over time. Dave works in a frame that can sound the same, but really never is. I can understand not liking it because it was calibrated to polarize, but to call it lazy or recycled is an insult to the craft.

M

member 3289

Who gives a fuck what Ja Rule thinks at a time like this???

Nigga I don't wanna dance, I'm scared to death!

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Very good special. I see it insinuated in here that he intentionally generates headlines, presumably as a means to get more rich and famous...............
dude gave $50 million back because of artistic integrity. I don't think he's trying to hit the tabloids.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
so bill burr paper tiger came out yesterday on netflix. i am about half way thru and this is not funny . i mean its better than brendan schaubs stand up by leaps and bounds but not even in the same league as chappelle

so bill burr paper tiger came out yesterday on netflix. i am about half way thru and this is not funny . i mean its better than brendan schaubs stand up by leaps and bounds but not even in the same league as chappelle
Seen that advertised before...Ill pass.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Is this where he drops an n bomb?