General Dave Chappelle on JRE

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
netflix took chappelle show down which in some ways was gracious of them because chappelle signed a shitty contract which allowed them to use his show and not pay him I'm guessing they wanted to preserve a good standing with dave to make money off future specials possibly a show.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
So Chappelle is for affordable housing...just as long as it's not in his town.

View attachment 60566

I looked this up when I saw it the other day. Apparently the beef is about some home builder wanting to build an endless row of cookie cutter tract homes. Not the affordable housing piece but the design of the neighborhood they want to do.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015

View attachment 60566
Sounds like liberals here in long beach they fought against cheaper housing a.k.a ghetto housing in their fancy neighborhoods like bixby knolls and by the orange county border in dorado park but wanted it in the ghetto neighborhoods here of the working class folks.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
I looked this up when I saw it the other day. Apparently the beef is about some home builder wanting to build an endless row of cookie cutter tract homes. Not the affordable housing piece but the design of the neighborhood they want to do.
Oops, story misrepresented.
Dave Chapelle still black.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Sounds like liberals here in long beach they fought against cheaper housing a.k.a ghetto housing in their fancy neighborhoods like bixby knolls and by the orange county border in dorado park but wanted it in the ghetto neighborhoods here of the working class folks.
Sounds like it's pretty easy to program you, eh?

??

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

View attachment 60566
I've been in Yellow Springs. It's not what I would call an upscale area. Plenty of smaller homes. Lots of old-growth trees. Very rural, small town setting.

Oberer - the developer involved - was going to build tract homes along with some multi-family and townhomes. That doesn't fit the area, which is what the beef was mostly about. "Affordable Housing" was just a buzzword to get everyone fired up. That wasn't the issue that got voted down.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I've been in Yellow Springs. It's not what I would call an upscale area. Plenty of smaller homes. Lots of old-growth trees. Very rural, small town setting. That's in the village. On the outskirts of the village there are some huge multi-million dollar homes on large acreage.

Oberer - the developer involved - was going to build tract homes along with some multi-family and townhomes. That doesn't fit the area, which is what the beef was mostly about. "Affordable Housing" was just a buzzword to get everyone fired up. That wasn't the issue that got voted down.
Yeah that smelled like bullshit right away, even just the thumbnail thing. Emotive language - Chapelle "railed against" the proposal. Also it "included" affordable housing - okay, what else did it include? What would this plan have looked like, and what does the rest of the area look like?

I mean, there's a new development of "affordable" housing on the way out to my place and I hate it, and I've never seen anyone who lives in it. I just hate this massive block of 200 identical row houses uglying up what used to be a nice drive through some fields with hills in the background.

??

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
I've been in Yellow Springs. It's not what I would call an upscale area. Plenty of smaller homes. Lots of old-growth trees. Very rural, small town setting.

So Dave was going to pull his business from his home town because he didn't like the way the houses would have "fit the area"?
Let's be realistic, there is always a reason to not have "affordable housing" in specific areas. The left always blames the right for this stuff but both sides are full of shit.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
So Dave was going to pull his business from his home town because he didn't like the way the houses would have "fit the area"?
Let's be realistic, there is always a reason to not have "affordable housing" in specific areas. The left always blames the right for this stuff but both sides are full of shit.
Why is this automatically a left vs right thing?

Has Chapelle suddenly become some sort of left wing crusader or icon?

??

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
But this is what much of Yellow Springs looks like:

Screenshot_20220214-150310_Maps.jpg

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Read the article. :smile:

Seems like Chappelle showed up to the meeting and said "nah, fuck this plan." But he also showed up to the meeting about the previous development plan - the one that is now going ahead - and said "nah, fuck this plan."

Looks like the development is close by his farm, and Dave Chappelle doesn't want a thousand people moving in five minutes away from his quiet private space.

Which is fair enough, really. Can't say I wouldn't think the same.

??

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Yellow Springs has a population of less than 4,000 people. It's a village.

Adding 64 single family homes, 52 duplexes and 24 townhomes is a big deal.

Apparently the duplexes and townhomes are what got shut down because of zoning laws. The developer is moving forward with the single family homes which the area is already zoned for. The plan is for 143 homes starting at $300k.

The development is located in Southwest Yellow Springs.

Dave's home? Southwest Yellow Springs

My guess is the next complaint will be claiming that current infrastructure won't be able to support that many additional people.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Why is this automatically a left vs right thing?

Has Chapelle suddenly become some sort of left wing crusader or icon?

??
Something similar is happening in many states and each side blames each other for not having affordable houses. Most of the US is only zones for single family homes for a particular reason going back years.
Zoning laws are certainly needed for some areas and reasons but more often then not they are used to keep prices up making it hard for certain groups to have home ownership and generational stability and wealth.