DAZN making a move on GGG

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Why pay when you can get it free?9
ease of use
higher quality
want to support the fighters

all possible answers
I like flowing waters also
Not into paying for any content that keeps pushing ads on me like many PPVs do

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
my gut tells me that you are correct
but I am rooting for them
would love to see worldwide numbers
Lotta fight fans worldwide
They are paying insane money for content.
I would bet they hope they get bought out for a ridiculous price or they will be losing money for a long time.

People will pick & choose what month they spend the sub fee on with deals like this.

So they will need about 3m subs at $10 (they get about $7.50 per ) just for GGG alone to get what they are paying him & not even the rest of the expenses

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
They are paying insane money for content.
I would bet they hope they get bought out for a ridiculous price or they will be losing money for a long time.

People will pick & choose what month they spend the sub fee on with deals like this.

So they will need about 3m subs at $10 (they get about $7.50 per ) just for GGG alone to get what they are paying him & not even the rest of the expenses
they will grab a few million subs easy
will they stay though?
need a bunch of weekly fights to keep the subscribers I reckon

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
they will grab a few million subs easy
will they stay though?
need a bunch of weekly fights to keep the subscribers I reckon
Remember they need to be PAID subs
DAZN offers a free month at first

Very easy to watch both his fights for FREE

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Remember they need to be PAID subs
DAZN offers a free month at first

Very easy to watch both his fights for FREE
good point
need that great content week of and week after
I loved the Russian freak show Org with lots of HWs...gotta grab some other boxing for the boxing fans and keep the MMA shows coming

I wish them well

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Didn't he already sign a deal with them? I could've sworn he did

CutmanMatt

MMA Hematologist
Jan 31, 2016
DAZN is hitting combat sports hard, but its biggest subscriber base is soccer in Germany and Japan

Last edited:

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
No way DAZN ever gets close to 3m subs.. IMO... they are going to crash hard eventually

I like the service but with the absurd amount of $ they are constantly paying people, I can't see this working out over the long run.

WWE barely has 2 mil subscribers, and that includes free trial people. They've been out for 5 years and are a major name, I can't see 3 mil + subscribing and paying to watch boxing and Bellator, even if Canelo is on it fighting bums.

That said, I WANT them to do well (fuck paying $75 for PPVs and shit) but I just don't see this lasting long.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
No way DAZN ever gets close to 3m subs.. IMO... they are going to crash hard eventually

I like the service but with the absurd amount of $ they are constantly paying people, I can't see this working out over the long run.

WWE barely has 2 mil subscribers, and that includes free trial people. They've been out for 5 years and are a major name, I can't see 3 mil + subscribing and paying to watch boxing and Bellator, even if Canelo is on it fighting bums.

That said, I WANT them to do well (fuck paying $75 for PPVs and shit) but I just don't see this lasting long.
Sums it up perfectly. The quicker the current PPV model can die, the better, but unfortunately DA...I can't even bring myself to type the name again out it's so stupid...is only going to kill itself trying.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Sums it up perfectly. The quicker the current PPV model can die, the better, but unfortunately DA...I can't even bring myself to type the name again out it's so stupid...is only going to kill itself trying.
Good point. The name is absolutely ridiculous. Like.. why? No one is going to know what "da zone" means when you say it if they aren't already a die hard combat sports fan.

If I say "UFC Fight Pass" or "WWE Network", people are going to get the idea pretty quick even if they've never watched MMA or pro wrestling in their life.

"Da Zone" is the dumbest shit I have ever heard.

Again, I want them to win.. but wtf.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Good point. The name is absolutely ridiculous. Like.. why? No one is going to know what "da zone" means when you say it if they aren't already a die hard combat sports fan.

If I say "UFC Fight Pass" or "WWE Network", people are going to get the idea pretty quick even if they've never watched MMA or pro wrestling in their life.

"Da Zone" is the dumbest shit I have ever heard.

Again, I want them to win.. but wtf.
But that's the thing, even 'DA ZONE', ridiculous as it is, is an actual name. Not a single person - not including teenagers, maybe it's a thing, I haven't been 'hip' since Eisenhower was President - looks at DAZN and says 'da zone'. It says fucken Daizin, Dazin or Dazne.