IMG/GIF DC destroys Gus on Twitter

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

I like Alex and would like to see him get a rematch against DC, but it was kind of lame for him to go after Rockhold after a loss.

I mean yes, Luke has talked about moving uo to 205, but it's not like he's ever called Gustafsson out or anything.

Alex was just trying to generate some press and got pwnd by DC in the process.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
I like Alex and would like to see him get a rematch against DC, but it was kind of lame for him to go after Rockhold after a loss.

I mean yes, Luke has talked about moving uo to 205, but it's not like he's ever called Gustafsson out or anything.

He's more likely to get a fight with DC again with this Jibber jabber. Honestly a smart move from both to generate interest in it

M

member 3289

He's more likely to get a fight with DC again with this Jibber jabber. Honestly a smart move from both to generate interest in it
I thought about that, but with DC fighting Stipe, that's not gonna happen until the end of the year at least.

Gus should take a fight between now and then. Not sure if he will though.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
DC knows what he's talking about. He actually just got a belt handed to him. Talking about keeping belts warm, but his belt has got "Bones' Bitch" written all over it. Priorities DC. Priorities.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
DC knows what he's talking about. He actually just got a belt handed to him. Talking about keeping belts warm, but his belt has got "Bones' Bitch" written all over it. Priorities DC. Priorities.
Normally I'd agree with this but the failed tests make DCs scenario quite different.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
lol at Gus complaining about anyone holding his division hostage when he barely fights once every two years.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I see that, but let's face it. He is facing a legitimacy issue with that belt. And I ain't no fan of Bones.
He is facing that issue but I think it's extremely overblown by the fans, I have no problem acknowledging DC as the champ. They agreed to fight under a specific set of rules and circumstances, Jon won the fight but broke the terms agreed upon. At the very least that's a NC in my books.

I don't put too much emphasis on PED use usually but given thier history and how those 2 are basically the only LHWs who are clear stand outs I feel DC gets a raw deal here. Unfortunately thier rivalry will never come to an end now, too muddied up with the past and it's already 2 up for Jon.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
He is facing that issue but I think it's extremely overblown by the fans, I have no problem acknowledging DC as the champ. They agreed to fight under a specific set of rules and circumstances, Jon won the fight but broke the terms agreed upon. At the very least that's a NC in my books.

I don't put too much emphasis on PED use usually but given thier history and how those 2 are basically the only LHWs who are clear stand outs I feel DC gets a raw deal here. Unfortunately thier rivalry will never come to an end now, too muddied up with the past and it's already 2 up for Jon.
I see DC as the true champion because Jon keeps failing tests and that puts his whole career into question. I do think that their fight should have been a NC then DC and someone else should have fought for the belt.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
No, the title was given back to him after jones pissed hot.
Daniel Cormier reinstated as UFC light heavyweight champion
Hmmm... From wiki.

Cormier was expected to face Ryan Bader on June 6, 2015, at UFC Fight Night 68.[42] However, on April 28, 2015, it was announced that Jon Jones had been stripped of the Light Heavyweight championship and suspended indefinitely after facing felony charges stemming from a traffic accident in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Subsequently, Cormier was pulled from the Bader fight and replaced Jones against Anthony Johnson on May 23, 2015, at UFC 187 for the vacant title.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Hmmm... From wiki.

Cormier was expected to face Ryan Bader on June 6, 2015, at UFC Fight Night 68.[42] However, on April 28, 2015, it was announced that Jon Jones had been stripped of the Light Heavyweight championship and suspended indefinitely after facing felony charges stemming from a traffic accident in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Subsequently, Cormier was pulled from the Bader fight and replaced Jones against Anthony Johnson on May 23, 2015, at UFC 187 for the vacant title.
That was the first time his pissed hot. The second time they just gave Daniel the title back.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
That was the first time his pissed hot. The second time they just gave Daniel the title back.
Sorry I thought we were both talking about this from the beginning of it all. Again given the circumstances what else could they do? They handled it as best as possible the first time by just putting the belt up for grabs. But if the same guy makes the same mistake against the same guy going into the same fight what else is there? Iirc AJ had "retired" and Gus had already lost to DC and was out with injury? (Last part I'm guessing, can't remember what Gus was doing)

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016

Gus was trying to piss off dc so he can get another title shot imo

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Sorry I thought we were both talking about this from the beginning of it all. Again given the circumstances what else could they do? They handled it as best as possible the first time by just putting the belt up for grabs. But if the same guy makes the same mistake against the same guy going into the same fight what else is there? Iirc AJ had "retired" and Gus had already lost to DC and was out with injury? (Last part I'm guessing, can't remember what Gus was doing)
No problem. I should have been paying closer attention.

M

member 3289

Gus was trying to piss off dc so he can get another title shot imo
He's the consensus #1 contender. Even if he wasn't, he'd probably still get the shot bc the first fight was close and bc he's an exciting fighter.

He has to know he's not gonna get his shot before the DC-Stipe super fight.

This is, imo, an attempt to keep his name out there and stay relevant without actually fighting. Keep people talking about him so that some active up-and-comer doesn't skip him in line.

Expect him to be cageside at UFC 226.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
He's the consensus #1 contender. Even if he wasn't, he'd probably still get the shot bc the first fight was close and bc he's an exciting fighter.

He has to know he's not gonna get his shot before the DC-Stipe super fight.

This is, imo, an attempt to keep his name out there and stay relevant without actually fighting. Keep people talking about him so that some active up-and-comer doesn't skip him in line.

Expect him to be cageside at UFC 226.
Ya, I had not read your other reply about this earlier in the thread before I posted that

What you're saying makes perfect sense

M

member 3289

What you're saying makes perfect sense
Don't get used to it.

Between this and my thoughts on capital punishment in the school shooting thread, I think I've maxed out the number of serious posts I've allowed myself to make until at least June.

So if me shitting on New Yorkers/New Jerseyans and breaking Wild's balls about his UG rants isn't your cup of tea, it'd be better to just put me on ignore for the next few months...

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Don't get used to it.

Between this and my thoughts on capital punishment in the school shooting thread, I think I've maxed out the number of serious posts I've allowed myself to make until at least June.

So if me shitting on New Yorkers/New Jerseyans and breaking Wild's balls about his UG rants isn't your cup of tea, it'd be better to just put me on ignore for the next few months...
"

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I hate when guys who otherwise come off as polite, try to trash talk. It just doesn't seem natural for Gus. It isn't Tony-cringe level, but still awkward. Still, the dude probably should have gotten his rematch before No Time got his shot, so I can't blame him for trying to stir the pot and talk his way into a fight down the line. He has to wait for DC/Stipe anyway, so why not add another element to his rivalry with DC by going after his boy?