DC reflects on Jones loss - says he can still beat the champ

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BlackDana

"If he dies, he dies." -Scott Coker, Dada v. Kimbo
Feb 9, 2015
Cormier seems like a real stand up guy, and given everything with the Olympics, I couldn't think of anyone I would want to beat Jones more than him. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening though..Jones is just so damn good. Call me crazy, but Cormier most definitely carries extra weight around...if he had the proper guidance, I think he could wreak havoc at 185

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
BlackDana;n17181 said:
Cormier seems like a real stand up guy, and given everything with the Olympics, I couldn't think of anyone I would want to beat Jones more than him. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening though..Jones is just so damn good. Call me crazy, but Cormier most definitely carries extra weight around...if he had the proper guidance, I think he could wreak havoc at 185
Good post man, and welcome to the forums. Check out the Site Feedback and Help forum...tons of threads there to help you navigate the place (including Mobile app options). Feel free to PM me or any Admin/Mod if you have any questions.

nni

Jan 21, 2015
I liked Jack Slack's interpretation on this fight (http://fightland.vice.com/blog/ufc-182-jones-retains-the-crown-but-the-future-creeps-close).

Cormier basically followed the worst gameplan possible (walking straight in, taking lots of blows in the process) and still gave Jones a hell of a fight.

If he makes his way back to another title fight (should be easy in the paper thing LHW division), it would be interesting to see if he has the ability to fight a different fight.

It could be that he disregarded JJ's power and thought he could walk through his kicks and punches, or it could be that JJ is just faster and has better technique than DC.

DC also isn't exactly a spring chicken anymore, whereas JJ is still improving.

Rico_Cutler

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Bones is just too tall and long for DC. He cant out strike him and cant get him down so I dont see him ever winning that fight regardless of gameplan. His gameplan was to get inside bust him up and try and get him down but he wasnt able to. He damn sure aint winning the fight from the outside so I dont see what he could do diff in a rematch.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I like DC but i dont see any way he can win that fight. He didnt mention how Jones took him down a few times and you know that really stung. Jon is just too big for a lot of these LHWs but i do believe if Rumble gets inside and lands his fucking bombs we could see a new champ. Not even Glover imo hits as hard as Rumble. I also really still want to see that Gus rematch.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
A major factor in that fight was how Jon made DC carry his weight in almost every clinch situation. if he can find a way to combat that then I could definitely see him having success. Personally, I think training Judo and sacrifice throws are the way to go.