DC says UFC refunded his UFC 229 tickets for helping diffuse brawl

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Apart from ticket sales and a massive headliner fight, UFC 229 will also be known for its infamous post-fight brawl. Among those who literally had front row seats to the entire incident was UFC double-champion Daniel Cormier.

During his interview on Monday on the MMA Hour, “DC” revealed his side of the story, where stepped in to pacify his teammate Khabib Nurmagomedov, who at the time had just jumped the cage to attack members of Conor McGregor’s coaching staff.

“I was trying to go up to talk to him and they kept pushing me,” Cormier recalled. “But, he kept telling them, ‘This is my captain, let him through.’ So…

Daniel Cormier: UFC refunded my UFC 229 tickets for calming Khabib down during brawl

Last edited:

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Why does a UFC champ have to buy tickets in the first place?
He said it was for others. He was given his tickets

“I buy tickets. I buy tickets for my kids to go to the fights,” Cormier explained. “We were given tickets and I buy tickets and then the whole fight happens. Then Dana calls me back and says, ‘We are giving you your money back because you helped us calm everybody down. We can’t charge you for tickets.’”

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015

“I buy tickets. I buy tickets for my kids to go to the fights,” Cormier explained. “We were given tickets and I buy tickets and then the whole fight happens. Then Dana calls me back and says, ‘We are giving you your money back because you helped us calm everybody down. We can’t charge you for tickets.’”
I saw that but how many kids does he have? The company can't comp him a couple extra tickets for his kids?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
he should be give tickets even for family and friends

they made tens of millions off of him

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
I saw that but how many kids does he have? The company can't comp him a couple extra tickets for his kids?
They didn't comp for 229.
Everyone had to pay for any guest
The bigger fights are like that.
Most fighters did not get freebies, DC at least got his

Tickets for the fight sold out in three hours and will produce a near-record UFC gate in excess of $15 million. The tickets are in such demand that White himself purchased five tickets and UFC CEO Ari Emanuel bought six.

The UFC normally comps its fighters’ free tickets for its shows, but Khabib vs. McGregor will be an exception.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Millionaires doing other millionaires a solid. Huge if true.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

It's not like he's getting tickets for some of his college buddies that he hasn't seen in a few years, just give your double champ and commentator a few tickets for his kids man.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
he should be give tickets even for family and friends

they made tens of millions off of him
Hey bro, the ufc is a business, they can't just give away tickets for free to the double champ. Tipping waitresses $10k is a different story though.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
Lol @ Egg thinking he’s a good guy for doing this.
every night after dinner i scrape the crumbs off my table and give them to the homeless. i thought i was helping, but your post has served to explain several awkward encounters i have had while distributing this 'meal'

chrisdaiz

Lurker
Jun 29, 2018
my boss was in vegas and could have gotten comp tickets from ceasars palace. Thats pretty sad.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
It's a relatively small gesture, but it's a good gesture by the UFC none the less.

Good guy DC, good guy UFC