DC: The Fighter Who Didn't Fall In Love w/ His Hands

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It is so nice to see a fighter with serious KO power, who goes in to a fight, looks at his opponent and says "he's good at striking so I'm going to take him down and submit him" and then looks at another opponent and says, "he's good at wrestling I'm going to out strike him".

We have seen the likes of Chuck Liddell, Wanderlei, Dan Henderson, Rampage, BJ, Fedor, the Diaz Bros. etc etc etc just abandon all other techniques and throw hands exclusively as they got older. And it never went well for any of them over any extended period of time.

DC's biggest advantage is that he plays to his opponent's weaknesses...not their strengths.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
DC is a true thinking man's fighter, and that's what you have to be to be THE MAN.

GSP was this... now it's DC's turn.

#1 GOAT is GSP

#2 GOAT is DC

Smart fighters who didn't need to take steroids.... oops I mean "dick pills", right Jon?

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
DC is a true thinking man's fighter, and that's what you have to be to be THE MAN.

GSP was this... now it's DC's turn.

#1 GOAT is GSP

#2 GOAT is DC

Smart fighters who didn't need to take steroids.... oops I mean "dick pills", right Jon?
While I like GSP much, much, MUCH more than I like DC, I feel like DC is more willing to put himself out there to win fights by finish. Georges got so gun shy after the Serra loss and played it extremely conservative during that second championship run. DC can get a little cautious at times but he is out there finishing the best of the best (besides Jones) and whenever you do that you are taking a risk to prove something...

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Also Dc is a different animal at heavy weight.
Nah. He is just not killing himself with a cut. I am VIOLENTLY against weight cutting and it is also nice to see DC prove to people that it's better to come to the fight in perfect health than to make yourself deathly sick to try and gain some imaginary advantage...

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Also, I have always contended that if Chuck turned into a GnP guy after he got KO'd by Rampage he would have had a much longer and more successful end to his career with A LOT less brain trauma...