DC vs. Brock targeted for August, according to Ariel

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Maybe.

or maybe he gets in a clinch with DC like he did Hunt, tosses him to the ground and beats the fuck out of him. Cain might've popped right back up, Cain's also a bigger version of DC. DC's consciousness didn't want anything to do with Jon Jones knees it's a fair guess it'll want just as little to do with Brock's hickory hams. Either way, I do think it makes for an interesting fight and I'm surprised at how many people are writing it off as a cakewalk. DC does know a thing, or 30, about cake though.
Being head kicked by Jones or fearing hickory hams has little to do with wrestling. I was rather disappointed in Brocks performance against Hunt TBH. Both guys looked like shit that night and one was proven to be on illegal drugs.

MMA Slam Podcast

Apr 3, 2019
You're aware that wrestling exists beyond takedowns, yes?
Huh? What can Brock do to DC Wrestling wise that he hasn't seen or Wrestled against? Double leg! Oh no wait... he is gonna tie up with him. Lol. Brock is not manhandling DC Wrestling wise. They are going to negate each other in that area, forcing Brock to strike with DC. And that's probably going to end badly for him.

MMA Slam Podcast

Apr 3, 2019
Good ol' fashioned blunt force trauma.

I agree the wrestling likely negates itself, I don't think either of them are going to want to be exchanging shots in the clinch, but I do think the edge in that goes with the giant. So what do you end up with? More than likely a fight that looks a lot like DC/JBJ 1 with DC this time having the speed advantage. Does he win that fight? Probably, but people comparing pre-USADA, pre-47 knee and back surgeries Cain with 2019 40 year old DC isn't exactly a tenable position.
I think DC will want to exchange shots in the clinch. That's his bread n butter... ala Stipe fight. Why would he want to play the outside striking game with someone so big and with more reach? DC's shorter limbs are perfect for hooks and uppercuts in the clinch. Matter of fact, that will probably be part of his gameplan.

Stuff Brock's takedowns, beat him up in the clinch with uppercuts and dirty Boxing. Tire the big Man out also in those exchanges. That's another thing... how about Cardio? Brock has decent cardio actually for a big man. But DC's is also probably better.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Why would he want to play the outside striking game with someone so big and with more reach?
Because striking is the one place he unquestionably had a lopsided advantage.

Huh? What can Brock do to DC Wrestling wise that he hasn't seen or Wrestled against? Double leg! Oh no wait... he is gonna tie up with him. Lol. Brock is not manhandling DC Wrestling wise. They are going to negate each other in that area, forcing Brock to strike with DC. And that's probably going to end badly for him.
This post has nothing to do with your categorically false statement that Mark Hunt has no wrestling.

MMA Slam Podcast

Apr 3, 2019
Because striking is the one place he unquestionably had a lopsided advantage.

This post has nothing to do with your categorically false statement that Mark Hunt has no wrestling.
Hunt in comparison to DC has rudimentary Wrestling. Facts. And again... why would DC being shorter, less reach, play the outside striking game with Lesnar giving him any chance? He is going to want to get inside. Heck maybe even try to put Brock on his back. But he is DEFINITELY going to dirty box in the clinch. 100%. And probably feel better there.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Hunt in comparison to DC has rudimentary Wrestling.
Again, there are multiple facets to wrestling. People really seem to forget the lead up to UFC 200.

And again... why would DC being shorter, less reach, play the outside striking game with Lesnar giving him any chance?
For the second time, much better striking. He's also much faster. It's the easiest way for him to control the location.

Heck maybe even try to put Brock on his back. But he is DEFINITELY going to dirty box in the clinch. 100%. And probably feel better there.
It'll be easier for him to do that if he works from the outside in. If he runs in like Ronda Rousey he's rolling the dice. He's not a moron, and he knows this. He's not very likely to throw caution to the wind and put himself into the one position that gives Brock a chance to beat him.

MMA Slam Podcast

Apr 3, 2019
Again, there are multiple facets to wrestling. People really seem to forget the lead up to UFC 200.

For the second time, much better striking. He's also much faster. It's the easiest way for him to control the location.

It'll be easier for him to do that if he works from the outside in. If he runs in like Ronda Rousey he's rolling the dice. He's not a moron, and he knows this. He's not very likely to throw caution to the wind and put himself into the one position that gives Brock a chance to beat him.
No clue what you are talking about with the Wrestling lectures sir lol. Huh? Have you ever Wrestled? Curious. Control the location in striking? I think everyone knows DC is the way better striker than Lesnar. He is going to try to get inside, again... he isn't gonna stay on the outside he has short arms lol.

Coming in like Ronda? Why would I think DC would do that, after praising his Wrestling prowess and experience? Unless you're a newb to DC, you would never think he would come in like that with no set up. When has he ever actually?

MMA Slam Podcast

Apr 3, 2019

To keep it simple... how is Lesnar beating DC exactly in your estimation? Just flat out? I think DC is going to mollywhop him. He isn't getting taken down easily or at all. Lesnar is going to be afraid to get punched hard be on defense. DC is going to batter him either to a lopsided decision or stoppage. Most likely stoppage from strikes. He isn't beating DC ANYWHERE. Brock has like a 10% puncher's chance of winning this. That's really about it. It's a TERRIBLE match up for him.

Let's see... a more experienced fighter, who can knock you out, better virtually everywhere, and can stop what you are good at (Wrestling). Bad match up for Brock.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
No clue what you are talking about with the Wrestling lectures sir lol. Huh?
Going into that fight it was "Brock has no chance. Hunt has too much power and his takedown defense is too good." Turns out, yeah. Brock had it under control.

how is Lesnar beating DC exactly in your estimation? Just flat out?
IF (very big if) Brock wins it likely comes as a result of either him catching DC coming in, or he manages to toss him down and Hulk smash the side of his head. More than likely the fight ends in a 50-44 decision for DC, it might end in a late stoppage.

He isn't getting taken down easily or at all.
That's what everyone said before DC fought JBJ the first time around. How'd that go for DC? Pretty good?

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Are you sure DC has better wrestling than a guy that's massively bigger than he is?
Ummm, yeah, I would say the Olympic Captain has better wrestling. I would also say he takes a punch better, has better speed, better mobility, better durability, better accolades, a better MMA resume, and why am I doing this? It’s Daniel Fucking Cormier! He is arguably the MMA GOAT. Anything can happen at HW, but you can’t argue who the favorite is here. Or maybe you can argue it considering your past seceral posts, but you can’t argue it without looking foolish.

MMA Slam Podcast

Apr 3, 2019
Going into that fight it was "Brock has no chance. Hunt has too much power and his takedown defense is too good." Turns out, yeah. Brock had it under control.

IF (very big if) Brock wins it likely comes as a result of either him catching DC coming in, or he manages to toss him down and Hulk smash the side of his head. More than likely the fight ends in a 50-44 decision for DC, it might end in a late stoppage.

That's what everyone said before DC fought JBJ the first time around. How'd that go for DC? Pretty good?
Hunt VS Brock compared to DC Vs Brock is like comparing a Mug to a Flamethrower. Like completely different fighters. I dunno who thought Hunt wouldn't get taken down truthfully. Brock is a Collegiate Wrestling beast with prob like 100+ wins and 5 losses. Something like that. That fight was Striker Vs Grappler for the most part, and the Grappler usually wins. And that's exactly how it went... 1+1=2 formulaic to a T.

You make it sound so simple like DC has zero Wrestling skills or strength himself. The guy is Olympic caliber dude in Wrestling. Brock isn't tossing him like he is a newb. Never. Hulk smash? That easy huh? No lol. Noooooo. DC has never been beaten at HW man... he is legit one of the best to EVER do it. Nobody beats his ass unless your name is JJ.

And as far as JJ Vs DC... silly argument you keep bringing up. JJ is probably the GOAT. Who beats that guy? Who has? Comparing Brock to JJ and what they can do to DC... interesting. Kinda done with this discussion honestly. Because truthfully you aren't making logical sense. Or understanding technique and the skillsets of these guys.

Maybe Brock pulls off some flukey win. Maybe. Doubt that.

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Did you? The dude is the champ champ.
Of a redundant division and the second thinnest division in the sport. Oh, and he didn't actually beat the champion for the LHW belt.

Well you keep pushing the Brock narrative so whether you realize it or not, you are pushing it hardcore.
What I've said repeatedly is that it's ridiculous that people are counting out Brock before the fight is booked. We just watched Anthony "I clearly don't want to be here anymore" Pettis KO Darren Till and we have people here saying "That 6'4 265 lbs NCAA All American doesn't have a snowballs chance in Hell."

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Hunt VS Brock compared to DC Vs Brock is like comparing a Mug to a Flamethrower. Like completely different fighters. I dunno who thought Hunt wouldn't get taken down truthfully. Brock is a Collegiate Wrestling beast with prob like 100+ wins and 5 losses. Something like that. That fight was Striker Vs Grappler for the most part, and the Grappler usually wins. And that's exactly how it went... 1+1=2 formulaic to a T.

You make it sound so simple like DC has zero Wrestling skills or strength himself. The guy is Olympic caliber dude in Wrestling. Brock isn't tossing him like he is a newb. Never. Hulk smash? That easy huh? No lol. Noooooo. DC has never been beaten at HW man... he is legit one of the best to EVER do it. Nobody beats his ass unless your name is JJ.

And as far as JJ Vs DC... silly argument you keep bringing up. JJ is probably the GOAT. Who beats that guy? Who has? Comparing Brock to JJ and what they can do to DC... interesting. Kinda done with this discussion honestly. Because truthfully you aren't making logical sense. Or understanding technique and the skillsets of these guys.

Maybe Brock pulls off some flukey win. Maybe. Doubt that.
I'm not trying to be a dick, but do you actually read posts or do you just go "This guy doesn't agree with me. Bad man!"

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
Of a redundant division and the second thinnest division in the sport. Oh, and he didn't actually beat the champion for the LHW belt.

What I've said repeatedly is that it's ridiculous that people are counting out Brock before the fight is booked. We just watched Anthony "I clearly don't want to be here anymore" Pettis KO Darren Till and we have people here saying "That 6'4 265 lbs NCAA All American doesn't have a snowballs chance in Hell."
Well now I know you are drunk and trolling considering you just used a fight that has never happened to make your point. Time to....

MMA Slam Podcast

Apr 3, 2019
I'm not trying to be a dick, but do you actually read posts or do you just go "This guy doesn't agree with me. Bad man!"
If I didn't read your posts thoroughly I wouldn't categorically respond to everything you touch on. Of course I read them. Not emotional or mad at you dude. Just don't understand your views on how they stack up to each other in a fight. It's like literally one of the worst fights for Brock he will ever have. Stylistically it's terrible for Brock.

Experience - DC
Durability - DC
Toughness - DC
Wrestling - Prob DC but will say Negates itself
Striking - DC
Accolades - DC

Where is Brock better? Just explain in these categories. Curious. Opinions are opinions all good. But when you say things like Brock will just toss DC... Hulk smash... uhhhhhh, it makes me think you don't know what you are talking about. Or just began to watch the sport. Which is PROB not the case. But seems that way. No disrespect. Like I'm breaking down skillsets and technique and you are saying things like "toss him down"..."hulk smash". Doesn't sound logical or realistic as far as their skillsets and attributes.

"He can hulk smash him!" Ummmm... So Tank Abbott should be the GOAT if it were that easy lol. :laughing: All love man not mad. Discussion is cool but you not making sense my man!

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
If I didn't read your posts thoroughly I wouldn't categorically respond to everything you touch on. Of course I read them. Just don't understand your views on how they stack up to each other in a fight.
You haven't responded to most of the points I've made. You don't understand my views because your bias is clouding you ability to be objective and you're clearly not reading the posts with any level of thoroughness. Look at your "breakdown" You can't measure guys by intangibles. Intangible literally means that it can't be measured, but there you are doing it. I did enjoy how you slid "accolades" in at the end. Really, the guy who you've scored as being better in the most categories also has the highest total? No, shit.

uhhhhhh, it makes me think you don't know what you are talking about. Or just began to watch the sport.
Swing and a miss.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
In many cases it is a puncher’s chance... here it is a bum rusher’s chance. DC is better in every aspect of MMA, but anything can happen in a fight, especially when one of the guys has canned hams for fists. I just really hope Brock is there to try and win, not just get paid.
I thought lock stock was too big and bullying until cain and able beat that ass
Good point about Brock and paycheck

MMA Slam Podcast

Apr 3, 2019
You haven't responded to most of the points I've made. You don't understand my views because your bias is clouding you ability to be objective and you're clearly not reading the posts with any level of thoroughness. Look at your "breakdown" You can't measure guys by intangibles. Intangible literally means that it can't be measured, but there you are doing it. I did enjoy how you slid "accolades" in at the end. Really, the guy who you've scored as being better in the most categories also has the highest total? No, shit.

Swing and a miss.
You never answered if you Wrestled lol. Or have any experience other than watching the Sport. I doubt it highly when you make statements like Brock will just toss DC... Hulk Smash as you say. You are so bold and confident with Brock's Wrestling against an Olympic caliber Highly experienced Wrestler (DC). Why? I Wrestled. And trained MMA for over 10yrs... still train. From my experience I truly do not see Brock doing that to DC.

Only reason I said the comments seemed like you aren't too familiar with the sport or technique or skillsets and how they match up. "Hulk Smash"..."Toss DC down". That easy? Hell naw.

A 19yr old kid would maybe say that because Brock has big muscles and is scary. Btw... you got guys who have never trained, or competed in sports and are amazing analysts/coaches.

Maybe you are... wait no you said Brock will "Hulk Smash" DC, but some people are. Lol jk!!! just busting your balls now.

All good man. Not mad at you. DC is just gonna smash Brock lol. I don't think there is anyone in here that read your comments and actually agrees with you. Prob shook their heads like "huh?!". Brock has a Puncher's chance. That's really about it. You truly think he us gonna toss DC around like he is a joke? And "Hulk Smash"?

If DC comes in on some Cosby pills, slips on a banana peel, has Ebola at the time, and is depressed because his Dog died last night... maaaybbe Brock tosses him and "Hulk Smashes". Maayy...maaaayy... wait nawww. Not even. 9/10 Brock gets whoooooped by DC and it looks easy.

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
You never answered if you Wrestled lol. Or have any experience other than watching the Sport. I doubt it highly when you make statements like Brock will just toss DC... Hulk Smash as you say. You are so bold and confident with Brock's Wrestling against an Olympic caliber Highly experienced Wrestler (DC). Why? I Wrestled. And trained MMA for over 10yrs... still train. From my experience I truly do not see Brock doing that to DC.

Only reason I said the comments seemed like you aren't too familiar with the sport or technique or skillsets and how they match up. "Hulk Smash"..."Toss DC down". That easy? Hell naw.

A 19yr old kid would maybe say that because Brock has big muscles and is scary. Btw... you got guys who have never trained, or competed in sports and are amazing analysts/coaches.

Maybe you are... wait no you said Brock will "Hulk Smash" DC, but some people are. Lol jk!!! just busting your balls now.

All good man. Not mad at you. DC is just gonna smash Brock lol. I don't think there is anyone in here that read your comments and actually agrees with you. Prob shook their heads like "huh?!". Brock has a Puncher's chance. That's really about it. You truly think he us gonna toss DC around like he is a joke? And "Hulk Smash"?

If DC comes in on some Cosby pills, slips on a banana peel, has Ebola at the time, and is depressed because his Dog died last night... maaaybbe Brock tosses him and "Hulk Smashes". Maayy...maaaayy... wait nawww. Not even. 9/10 Brock gets whoooooped by DC and it looks easy.
Again, please read the posts I never said that Brock will toss DC and Hulk smash him. I said he could. There's a marked difference between those 2 things.